Smollan

Smollan Employee Reviews

productive and hardworking enviroment
You learn a lot while working for this company, not only about the current field that you in but multiple fields.

You work in a competitive enviroment which require you to construct creative ways to ensure customers choose your product over the competitors
Pros
get to meet alot of people
Cons
requires take home work
5,0
excellent company. treat people equally and fairness.
Good company and well organised. they take every employee seroius and make sure they treat all of you equal. Also make sure that you get paid the agreed date.
good
Cons
excellent
2,0
productive and fun work place
team work is the key . learning to communicate with people is also important . knowing your target be active do not be shy ,approach people . it teachers skills in all the above .
It is good
Working at smollan is great, you get to learn more on he job and it gives you a'lot of opportunities to grow, You gain experience in other fields as well
Excellent workplace
The best company to work for and the management is absolutely amazing as they know how to take care of their employees and their needs, I'd like to work with them on a permanent basis.
5,0
I enjoy my work, i learn new things everyday, the management and i get along well because of the service i provide.
I love my work, i get to learn how to treat or speak to a customer in a good manner and listen. i learn how to work under pressure and maintain the product and how to make sales
Great work experience
Smollan is people oriented company and ensures to provide it's employees with sufficient training and upskilling and that is the great part about it. My experience with the company was both challenging yet amazing.
4,0
I have a marketing certificate from Boston city campus
I am a marketing graduate with more than 6 years of work experience in sales and customer service. I am happier when I put a smile on a client. I am very passionate with working with people.
competitive place
the work was ver competitive we workrd with numbers managers were nice but pushy The was not much done for staff regarding if they needed more sjkills they were focusing just on reaching their targerts they did not provide any training regarding that
4,0
Great company to work for as a student. Little hours, you cannot work on all the campaigns
A typical day at work was to promote products in stores. I learned that you just always be neat and presentable especially when promoting a product. Mangement as absolutely amazing and on point with all the campaigns. The hardest part of the job was to get people to purchase the product.
Control tower
When going for an interview they tell you about nice position and good salary but when you get a job you get different offer and salary unless you know someone working there. Control tower is the worst you get R4500 and it's a fixed term contract that doesn't have end date so anytime you can be jobless. There's no growth unless you have connections. No incentives just a basic salary taxeand Sunday is a normal working day nothing extr
Best experiences at Smollan
Smallon has been the best company I've ever worked for as an instore promoter with many and great opportunities and having to learn more about their products...I have learnt so much from my campaigns that I've worked for...
communication
Smollan has a culture of transparency and does its best to inform every one with quarterly meetings about future plans, progress, areas to improve within the different departments of each business unit and any important details.
Pros
company events
Cons
small pay very few rewards
4,0
The promotion job given out by Smollan are nice and excellent. I’ve learned to communicate with different people. The management is excellent. The cul
Smollan is a flexible group of promoters which are mainly focused on making customers aware of the products that are on promotion. It teaches and grooms personalities
Im good with it
It was nice working there no problems as such just that financially never satisfied my needs.Working at the company was good really.
U won't face any problems its really secured
2,0
Proffessional but very vague in their approach to employees
Not upfront with employees. But this is just my opinion I worked flexible hours as my group was field based. Goal based orientated company which make it very competitive.
Great part-time job
I really enjoy the variety of skills one uses for each of the different promotional jobs. I have learnt many people skills while working for this company.
If a good company
Smollan is a very big good retail company all over the world i its make sure that as a workers our safety came first and its helps us to grow so that one day you can be an enterprineur and have your own company, and its incourage us study by giving us bursaries.
4,0
People driven company, big international clients, technology driven,develops and equips their people, looking forward into future with bigger clients
Has the passion for their people, clients and customers. Thinking and looking forward to the future. Equips and develop their people into growing. Communicating threw technology with easy ways of getting the job done.
Dream Job
Job with growth if you do get mananged by the correct manager. Work takes over your personal life. Need to be thick skinned. Can be a toxic enviroment as some have no knowledge of whats expexted from them and some manangement is a seat filler.
5,0
Its a fun place to work at.
It was good working as a promoter at Smollan the management treat us equally and the know that being a promoter is important as we represent the company.
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
Its normally hours