Smollan Employee Reviews

2,0
Would not advise to work for this company
Personal Assistant to Executive (Former Employee) –  Houghton Estate, Gauteng4 December 2019
Going for the interview is the easy part. The Management are not trained to deal with staff. They treat you unfairly and talk about you. I was spoken about and other employees were spoken about to me by many Executives. They give you more work than you could ever handle so as to almost see you fail and then mark you down at the end of each year so that they can give you next to nothing as a bonus. Very unfair treatment. The work atmosphere speaks for itself. Staff are angry and irritable all the time and most are very unfairly paid. The only time fun was had was at a work function if you had one.
competitive place
beauty consulltant (Former Employee) –  pinelands29 November 2019
the work was ver competitive we workrd with numbers managers were nice but pushy The was not much done for staff regarding if they needed more sjkills they were focusing just on reaching their targerts they did not provide any training regarding that
Control tower
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houghton Estate, Gauteng13 November 2019
When going for an interview they tell you about nice position and good salary but when you get a job you get different offer and salary unless you know someone working there. Control tower is the worst you get R4500 and it's a fixed term contract that doesn't have end date so anytime you can be jobless. There's no growth unless you have connections. No incentives just a basic salary taxeand Sunday is a normal working day nothing extr
Best experiences at Smollan
Promoter (Current Employee) –  Houghton Estate, Gauteng3 November 2019
Smallon has been the best company I've ever worked for as an instore promoter with many and great opportunities and having to learn more about their products...I have learnt so much from my campaigns that I've worked for...
communication
Indexing Consultant (Data Caputerer) (Former Employee) –  Louis Botha Ave, Houghton Estate, Johannesburg, 219829 October 2019
Smollan has a culture of transparency and does its best to inform every one with quarterly meetings about future plans, progress, areas to improve within the different departments of each business unit and any important details.
Pros
company events
Cons
small pay very few rewards
4,0
The promotion job given out by Smollan are nice and excellent. I’ve learned to communicate with different people. The management is excellent. The cul
Promoter (Former Employee) –  The Grove, Gauteng23 October 2019
Smollan is a flexible group of promoters which are mainly focused on making customers aware of the products that are on promotion. It teaches and grooms personalities
Im good with it
merchendiser (Current Employee) –  Vanderbijlpark, Gauteng17 October 2019
It was nice working there no problems as such just that financially never satisfied my needs.Working at the company was good really.
U won't face any problems its really secured
2,0
Proffessional but very vague in their approach to employees
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Western Cape14 October 2019
Not upfront with employees. But this is just my opinion I worked flexible hours as my group was field based. Goal based orientated company which make it very competitive.
Great part-time job
Promoter (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng13 September 2019
I really enjoy the variety of skills one uses for each of the different promotional jobs. I have learnt many people skills while working for this company.
If a good company
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng2 September 2019
Smollan is a very big good retail company all over the world i its make sure that as a workers our safety came first and its helps us to grow so that one day you can be an enterprineur and have your own company, and its incourage us study by giving us bursaries.
4,0
People driven company, big international clients, technology driven,develops and equips their people, looking forward into future with bigger clients
Field sales manager (Former Employee) –  North coast zululand20 August 2019
Has the passion for their people, clients and customers. Thinking and looking forward to the future. Equips and develop their people into growing. Communicating threw technology with easy ways of getting the job done.
Dream Job
Senior Project Coordinator Johannesburg (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng7 August 2019
Job with growth if you do get mananged by the correct manager. Work takes over your personal life. Need to be thick skinned. Can be a toxic enviroment as some have no knowledge of whats expexted from them and some manangement is a seat filler.
5,0
Its a fun place to work at.
Promoter (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Western Cape5 August 2019
It was good working as a promoter at Smollan the management treat us equally and the know that being a promoter is important as we represent the company.
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
Its normally hours
Great learning experience.
Junior Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Houghton Estate, Gauteng27 June 2019
I enjoyed my time at Smollan. I got to learn about the ins and out of Retail, as well as what the company offers to their clientele on a wider scope. The company's international reach is incredible, showcases how diverse the company is and indicates that they have not only a national but an international carbon footprint across the globe.
Fun workplacw. Great philosophy
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  East Rand, Gauteng19 June 2019
Its great. I just start working there in 2018 and now is 2019. So i have not came accross any point that unsuitable or unlawful. I also feel the as employees we well looked up for fianancially and personally.
Benefits
Cons
Uniform distribution very slow or never
5,0
Great company to work for
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg North, Gauteng21 May 2019
This is the best company to work for in my experience. Really people focused. Benefits are designed to help staff bonuses, housing loans (with time) funeral benefits, Education benefit for kids should employees die, small yet NB to create a solid workplace.
benefits
Cons
Need to advance women more senior positions
5,0
better place for the dedicated
Telkom Amen under smollan (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng16 May 2019
They are the best I'm working for them under Telkom smollan is the best place ever they look after their workers and pay them very well,all the staff us friendly Matau and sphamandla including jaque are thee most best management..I recommend it to anyone looking for a job out there!
Pros
free lunch
Cons
solid hours
1,0
Bad management
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape12 April 2019
Enjoyed the team spirit (staff keep each other motivated) at pioneer foods instore but not the management, they micro manage staff and treat you bad just to show they are in power, there is no work life balance as you have to give all your time and energy for the job, tons of admin work and working on weekends Saturday & Sunday where there is no time for yourself
Pros
Free lunch, BEE trust fund payout
Cons
Working long hours, lots of admin, weekend working
Bad Management
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape8 April 2019
Have over 15years experience in FMCG..across all channels..was employed as a field manager at pioneer foods(which was my dream job working for a big company like this)..was in training 1st month after being employed ..then in 2nd month out on my own..only to discover the area/territory that was allocated to me..it has not been serviced in months..so i had to do lots of running around & cleaning up in the area..only for 'some other reason' i was dismissed in the beginning of 3rd month..up till now still dont know the reason why..which really left me heartbroken..up till now still cant find a rep job because of having this on my employment record at ccma
Pros
Good competitive products
Cons
Couldnt really trust my colleagues
5,0
well it is fine with you need small and it's fine we can a small and cause you meet
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  South Africa2 April 2019
the company's nice the people are nice the problem is the salary because with that salary I mean you can barely get from one month to the next month with having cash inside your pocket it's little but we work hard so a little bit of maybe an increase on that would have been much better thank you