Smollan Employee Reviews

Dynamic retail solutions company
HR EXEC OPERATIONS INTERNATIONAL (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg7 November 2018
Fast paced dynamic company that is a leader in field Sales and retail execution. Company experienced fast growth over last 15 yers and continues to diversify and grow internationally
Pros
Growth, ambition, international experience
Cons
Pressure
4,0
Data Capturer/indexing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng13 October 2018
I learned to be a team player who at all times pay attention to details with speed and accuracy.the management there is on another level. They are more of learders
Pros
A full hour lunch
Cons
Little pay/salary
5,0
Productive and growth. Structured well.
Regional Hub Manager (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape16 May 2018
Successful company with many different channels to work with different clients. Growth is optional depending on the individual. Structure company and you can be assured your Job with smollan is safe.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Can take a while
4,0
It fun was to work with products that I knew and use everyday. Gave me a chance to view life in a different way
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Gauteng21 April 2018
The hardest thing about my job was that I had to interact with people which at first was tough but as time past I learned and enjoyed it and eventually it became the best part about my job.Mymanagers where very incouraging and wanted me to grow as an individual. The cultures at small where very applicable in everyday life decipline, growth and success.
Pros
We got monthly insentives
Cons
Was that I had to be prepered to move to anywhere they send me and anytme.
fun workplace
Promoter (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Gauteng17 April 2018
learned to be punctual and how to interact with customers
standing the whole hours was the most challenging part
the task are so exiting you get to interact with all tyes of people
Pros
late payments
good place
field marketer (Former Employee) –  Gauteng29 November 2017
I like to learn more and the can make you feel welcom , the train youto knw your job and understanding about da campany its good campany that wil make you happy
good
3,0
There is opportunity for growth in such a large company
Field Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Pretoria and Centurion19 November 2017
My typical day includes various store visits whereby I liaise with both staff and the store managers. Brand positioning product availability and up to date price indicators are key areas to focus on. Driving promotional compliance and training staff are all part of this. This company has a massive product range competing in most categories. Added to that I have a large HR function and administrative responsibility.
Pros
Being in the trade and engaging with staff.
Cons
work life balance. Due to the product, there is a constant need for communication regarding availability. You are always on duty.
interesting and fun
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng15 November 2017
Typically one gets to work in a store which is busy, packing shelves and making sure that all shelves allocated to you are neat and well presented.

I've learned how to place orders, its a very simple task but its essential.

the management was good, friendly and professional.

one gets to interact with different people with different cultures.
Pros
descent lunch hour. manageable workloads
Cons
none that i can think of but stores are different
4,0
Fantastic products and segment opportunities
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal1 November 2017
Long hours and dedicated teams are the only way to complete this job. It entails fun and interactions with business owners and managers that allow an individual to grow and be exposed to the corporate working environment.
Fun and productive
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Gauteng10 October 2017
I'm willing to work under pressure iam a team player I can communicate well with customers I'm friendly ever smilling and iam neat. I once worked for parmalat field services it was good I learned a lot of things especially at the orientation programme. And I know the rules of the company very well. And my manager was a good person who has a nice heart ever smilling he respect his employees
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Extra time
3,0
Fun workplace, meet new people
Promoter (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal28 September 2017
Fun and exciting as you get to meet new people and interact with different people as a promoter. Staff at Smollan are very accommodating and welcoming.
Pros
Free samples sometimes
Cons
Different hours depending on the company you're promoting
5,0
Productive and Fun Workplace, Always delivers!!!
Promoter (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Pinetown, KwaZulu-Natal31 August 2017
Of all the time I worked at smollan not once was I unhappy with anything, they treat their workers with respect and cater for different people from different backgrounds..
They pay what you expect, are able to accommodate your lifestyle especially as a student and the hours aren't too much yet they also make you easy money.
Pros
Hours, Pay, Management
Cons
Only Day Time Hours
5,0
Attract customers to buy my product
Future -Life (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal19 August 2017
Professional, good communication with Customers or client,i always be on time on the field enjoying my work and make sure that my customers come back and buy my product again,doing well as they teach us on the training,happy about everything end of hours because i reached a score as it suppose to be
Pros
Free lunches
3,0
Priductive and fun work place
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal27 July 2017
Monthly targets were reachable because of the training strategies and events that were taking place now and then. Customer service was maintaned all the time.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Working all holidays
fun workplace
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng13 July 2017
It is very great working for smollan but in life one needs to see progress of one's efforts and advancement is what I need and I don't see it happening where I am at the moment so I'm looking for other opportunities where I might be able to work while having time for my personal goals.
Pros
experience of working with everyday people
Cons
hard work but little renumeration
Productive and fun workplace
Time management (Former Employee) –  Gauteng26 June 2017
Working for smollan was an incredible thing cause later on i discover some of the skill that I didn't know I have, which I can apply it everywhere I go now as long as it's about production of a company, i geuss a can do more
Pros
No free lunches
4,0
energetic and free working space
Order Clerk/Call center agent (Current Employee) –  Gauteng, Gauteng4 April 2017
first thing i do is go through my emails, and queries,take calls. i have learned to multi-task. management is very professional and i enjoy working with them.
Pros
free popcorn on fridays
Cons
traffic
Great Company
HR Officer (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng28 May 2017
It is a great company to work for and gain great exposure withing the FMCG environment. The culture is great and the staff are always eager to help you.
3,0
Poor management and fun work enviroment
field marketer (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape10 May 2017
i worked overtime and dedicated my life for the company. i learned discipline and stay humble in every store i was deployed in, and work well with managers of the stores to create good work relationship with the stores and the company
4,0
smollan company is good company because they can take care of their employees
merchandising ,roamler (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng22 March 2017
I enjoyed every single time working under smollan company. Everytime my manager will ask how did l work. How was my day. And I will always feel comfortable around her.
Pros
they always gave me transport money
Cons
I was working not more 10 hours