SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews

Found 50 reviews matching the search See all 1 298 reviews
5,0
Productive and interesting work place.
Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Mpumalanga, KwaZulu-Natal26 November 2019
In the morning we start off with our tool box talks and everbody there is excited and have an input in the tool box talk. I remember when one of the team mates were conducting a toolbox talk he included jokes in it which makes it fun. I learned that working as a team can reduce the amount of work to be done and I also learned a few things working in a PLANT because I come from a Depot backround within Petrochemical. Workplace culture is fun and everyone that I know in SNC-Lavalin is just happy and bubbly considering hard work and being pro-active. I cannot really say that there is part of the job that is hard because I enjoy a challenge,that is what makes me enjoy what I do as Health, Safety and Environmetal Professional.
Awesome encounter
Mechanical Fitter (Former Employee) –  Secunda, Mpumalanga9 November 2019
It was just wonderful time working at SNC-Lavalin. Good working condition and safety is first priority, as we all know that the well done job is the safely done job.
5,0
I'm willing to relocate anywhere where the company will allocated to work. I'm fully committed to work and I'm doing by all means to finish my job in
Rigger (Former Employee) –  Secunda, Mpumalanga8 November 2019
.Be on time at work always
.Do you job perfect and clean
. Alwaya do house keeping, everything on its place.
. Inspect each and every tools before you use it
. Use the correct tool the task
5,0
It was good to work at SNC lavalin I would like to get other chance to work for SNC
semi skilled welder (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape31 October 2019
Working vat SNC was good although its was a short period of time .your safety comes first there they make sure that the employers work in a good condition.
Loved my job
Senior Timekeeper (Former Employee) –  Sasolburg, Free State15 October 2019
I would recommend SNC - Lavalin any time.
I absolutely loved my job and is heart breaking to leave.
Unfortunately Sasol stopped all for due to financial difficulties, and therefore i need to search new employment.
3,0
Good work
Boilermaker/Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Secunda, Mpumalanga8 August 2019
Good company nice people and very assisting in dificult areas of work and understanding employer takes employees in consideration and great working enviroment.
2,0
N/a
Snr.mechanical Piping Designer (Current Employee) –  Vanderbijlpark, Gauteng7 August 2019
The work is always underquoted and underestimated and because of that it is always under pressure and that creates a bad environment and because of that, it is not really a good place to be.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Friendly and productive environment
Senior Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Secunda27 March 2019
Highly rewarding job in cosmopolitan environment. The hardest part of the job is working away from family as work constitutes project work at sites away from home.
Pros
Free accommodation
Cons
Long hours including weekends
2,0
Environment is very good because hazardous substance we removed before we embark on job
Milwrighter artisan (Former Employee) –  Emalahleni, Mpumalanga29 January 2019
I am milwrighter artisan.I am performing mechanical and electrical job in the company.Actually I'm working to department in the company.I am able to work on hieght and on confront space.
Pros
Sometimes not always
Cons
Sometimes
5,0
You have to work hard each day and do your work safely,make sure your workplace or area is clean and inspected
Boilermaker/pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Mpumalanga secunda17 January 2019
When working for snc lavalin you have to follow safety rules all the time and its a good company were you can learn many things as for me i learned a lot from them for me its a place where i will like to work as many years as i can as long they have job for me.
Pros
Our lunch it used to be at 12 at sasol secunda
Cons
I used to work 6:00 to 6:00 in shutdown then GO i used to work 7:00 to 17:30
Streamline engineering workplace
Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Morningside, Gauteng10 January 2019
I found SNC Lavalin to be a professional workplace to be in because most the employees (co-workers) was well educated and that made the everyday tasks easier because of streamline cooperation between individual draftsmen. The projects abroad were done to a high standard of engineering services.

Unfortunately despite the fast growth of 500 engineering staff and due to poor planning, the company did not foresee the economic meltdown that arises and had to close their department in SA.

Overall a good learning period.
Pros
Work outside SA offices
Cons
Not enough long term work in SA
5,0
A safe working environment and place gives great production and only we can make our work place safe for a better result
Mechanical Foreman (Former Employee) –  Secunda, Mpumalanga/Sasolburg/Capetown/Durban1 November 2018
I start my day by clocking and getting ready for work getting all information from my supervisor as to what needs to be done for the day get my team ready and attend toolbox talk after toolbox talk we ready to collect tools while i go sign on the permit to work and ensure that all necessary safety documentation os in place ensure that my team and i have identified all the hazards and risk involved in the task at hand and that we have eliminated them or mitigated them ensure all tags are in place everyone understands and has signed all paperwork than get them started on task at hand for the day make sure everyone does the correct thing and safely till day ends thats a normal day at work.Everyday is a day to learn always keep mind open and be willingly to learn more nobody knows everything. Management is a big role because wat is a body without a head so as a leader to lead by example is very important if you fale as a leader than your team will fale aswell. WORKING culture is to get the work done safely and on time. Hardest part of work is not to have any work to do. The best working days are the safest and most productive days you feel like you have done your part and more that makes me happy after a long day of hard work.
5,0
Rigging Learnership (Former Employee) –  Vanderbijlpark, Gauteng5 September 2018
Fun place to work but work pressures are always faces head on! The management is also willing to hear out issues of the employees and resolve them at hand.
Pros
Fun, Productive
Cons
Required hours
3,0
Safety
Boilermaker (Former Employee) –  Secunda, Mpumalanga21 June 2018
I choose the hardest part of the task , because I like to solve problems like maths it self, am a hard worker I don't check the time when am working I'll my colleague says my man it's time to lunch now.
Pros
Own lunch
First time experience
Instrument Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal7 May 2018
Working for SNC lavalin was my first experience in the construction business. My job as an instrument assistant was interesting and challenging. The best thing I liked of the job was getting to learn the different skills of instrumentation and the hard work that goes into it. I look forward to being hired in the field again
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Period employed was too short
productive
scaffolding (Former Employee) –  Lephalale, Limpopo18 April 2018
Good servis .big campany.at workplace good ppe.safety is good.salary is good .right managment .good peopes .right campany .they us the food to eat th
Pros
free launch
Cons
long hour
5,0
Productive and good place to gain work experience.
Mechanical Fitter assistant (Former Employee) –  Govan Mbeki, Mpumalanga13 March 2018
Day to day jobs. Long hours and over time. Good and friendly team. Not bad management. I learnt a lot from respecting others,being a team player and safety rules. I enjoyed work there the job culture is simple to adhere with.
Pros
Free training inductions
Cons
Short breaks, medical health care assistant
Challenging work
Senior Millwright (Former Employee) –  Vanderbijlpark, Gauteng28 February 2018
We all understand it is a privilege to work for a large manufacturing company.
Also keep in mind work constraints and environments has its own challenges and this company is ever ganging and demand noting but the best from its employees. To meet all challenges and adhering to all set procedures always keep an open mind to excel and better yourself in one way or another. By extinguishing yourself from the other is the only way to get recognized.
That can only be by accomplishing strict work ethics and innovation.
Pros
Work comeradery
Cons
Long working hours
Hot work assistant (Former Employee) –  Secunda, Mpumalanga21 January 2018
Working at snc - lavalin has been such an a great experience for me as I've always wanted to be an artisan. I learned a lot and the experience i gained has helped me at school when i was doing the Boiler maker course. It helped a lot to have hands on experience so thanks to Snc lavalin kentz
5,0
Productive and good working environment.
Piping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  SA18 January 2018
Working with company on the Ma'aden Phosphate Project - Package 4 consisting of Sulphuric Acid Plant (three identical units - 5.5 MMTPA total capacity) and Power Plant (two 75-MW steam generating unit, auxiliary boiler, FGD, SPX condensing unit and diesel generator) is very challenging due to the experience on the most difficult situation where there is no materials for fabrication but there are manpower available that was requested to the contractor and under the pressure from the client to keep the original schedule. The daily quick resolution to all the construction problem was introduced on this project resulted from the lesson learned acquired on the previous projects.
Over-all rating for the company is excellent and recommendable and wishing to work again of this very safe-friendly working environment though I was on a contractual employment status
This project was employed by more than 50 employees during construction to do the project management role at site.
Pros
With gym equipment at site and mess hall
Cons
Long hours at site.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SNC-Lavalin. Our community is ready to answer.

Based on 1 298 reviews