SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews

Found 41 reviews matching the search See all 1 176 reviews
2,0
Environment is very good because hazardous substance we removed before we embark on job
Milwrighter artisan (Former Employee) –  Emalahleni, Mpumalanga29 January 2019
I am milwrighter artisan.I am performing mechanical and electrical job in the company.Actually I'm working to department in the company.I am able to work on hieght and on confront space.
Pros
Sometimes not always
Cons
Sometimes
5,0
You have to work hard each day and do your work safely,make sure your workplace or area is clean and inspected
Boilermaker/pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Mpumalanga secunda17 January 2019
When working for snc lavalin you have to follow safety rules all the time and its a good company were you can learn many things as for me i learned a lot from them for me its a place where i will like to work as many years as i can as long they have job for me.
Pros
Our lunch it used to be at 12 at sasol secunda
Cons
I used to work 6:00 to 6:00 in shutdown then GO i used to work 7:00 to 17:30
Streamline engineering workplace
Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Morningside, Gauteng10 January 2019
I found SNC Lavalin to be a professional workplace to be in because most the employees (co-workers) was well educated and that made the everyday tasks easier because of streamline cooperation between individual draftsmen. The projects abroad were done to a high standard of engineering services.

Unfortunately despite the fast growth of 500 engineering staff and due to poor planning, the company did not foresee the economic meltdown that arises and had to close their department in SA.

Overall a good learning period.
Pros
Work outside SA offices
Cons
Not enough long term work in SA
5,0
A safe working environment and place gives great production and only we can make our work place safe for a better result
Mechanical Foreman (Former Employee) –  Secunda, Mpumalanga/Sasolburg/Capetown/Durban1 November 2018
I start my day by clocking and getting ready for work getting all information from my supervisor as to what needs to be done for the day get my team ready and attend toolbox talk after toolbox talk we ready to collect tools while i go sign on the permit to work and ensure that all necessary safety documentation os in place ensure that my team and i have identified all the hazards and risk involved in the task at hand and that we have eliminated them or mitigated them ensure all tags are in place everyone understands and has signed all paperwork than get them started on task at hand for the day make sure everyone does the correct thing and safely till day ends thats a normal day at work.Everyday is a day to learn always keep mind open and be willingly to learn more nobody knows everything. Management is a big role because wat is a body without a head so as a leader to lead by example is very important if you fale as a leader than your team will fale aswell. WORKING culture is to get the work done safely and on time. Hardest part of work is not to have any work to do. The best working days are the safest and most productive days you feel like you have done your part and more that makes me happy after a long day of hard work.
5,0
Rigging Learnership (Former Employee) –  Vanderbijlpark, Gauteng5 September 2018
Fun place to work but work pressures are always faces head on! The management is also willing to hear out issues of the employees and resolve them at hand.
Pros
Fun, Productive
Cons
Required hours
Safety
Boilermaker (Former Employee) –  Secunda, Mpumalanga21 June 2018
I choose the hardest part of the task , because I like to solve problems like maths it self, am a hard worker I don't check the time when am working I'll my colleague says my man it's time to lunch now.
Pros
Own lunch
productive
scaffolding (Former Employee) –  Lephalale, Limpopo18 April 2018
Good servis .big campany.at workplace good ppe.safety is good.salary is good .right managment .good peopes .right campany .they us the food to eat th
Pros
free launch
Cons
long hour
5,0
Productive and good place to gain work experience.
Mechanical Fitter assistant (Former Employee) –  Govan Mbeki, Mpumalanga13 March 2018
Day to day jobs. Long hours and over time. Good and friendly team. Not bad management. I learnt a lot from respecting others,being a team player and safety rules. I enjoyed work there the job culture is simple to adhere with.
Pros
Free training inductions
Cons
Short breaks, medical health care assistant
Challenging work
Senior Millwright (Former Employee) –  Vanderbijlpark, Gauteng28 February 2018
We all understand it is a privilege to work for a large manufacturing company.
Also keep in mind work constraints and environments has its own challenges and this company is ever ganging and demand noting but the best from its employees. To meet all challenges and adhering to all set procedures always keep an open mind to excel and better yourself in one way or another. By extinguishing yourself from the other is the only way to get recognized.
That can only be by accomplishing strict work ethics and innovation.
Pros
Work comeradery
Cons
Long working hours
Hot work assistant (Former Employee) –  Secunda, Mpumalanga21 January 2018
Working at snc - lavalin has been such an a great experience for me as I've always wanted to be an artisan. I learned a lot and the experience i gained has helped me at school when i was doing the Boiler maker course. It helped a lot to have hands on experience so thanks to Snc lavalin kentz
5,0
Productive and good working environment.
Piping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  SA18 January 2018
Working with company on the Ma'aden Phosphate Project - Package 4 consisting of Sulphuric Acid Plant (three identical units - 5.5 MMTPA total capacity) and Power Plant (two 75-MW steam generating unit, auxiliary boiler, FGD, SPX condensing unit and diesel generator) is very challenging due to the experience on the most difficult situation where there is no materials for fabrication but there are manpower available that was requested to the contractor and under the pressure from the client to keep the original schedule. The daily quick resolution to all the construction problem was introduced on this project resulted from the lesson learned acquired on the previous projects.
Over-all rating for the company is excellent and recommendable and wishing to work again of this very safe-friendly working environment though I was on a contractual employment status
This project was employed by more than 50 employees during construction to do the project management role at site.
Pros
With gym equipment at site and mess hall
Cons
Long hours at site.
3,0
Enjoyable workplace to an extend.
semi skilled fitter (Current Employee) –  Secunda, Mpumalanga10 January 2018
Enjoyable work and learning experience, unfortunately hard to get any advancement and the work is on a contract basis. Long hours on industrial rate, colleagues and management very friendly and try their best to keep us as long as possible.
Pros
industrial rate, petrochemical experience
Cons
Long hours, minimum advancements
5,0
Fun place and very productive
Document Controller (Current Employee) –  Secunda, Mpumalanga12 October 2017
We work and live as a family, as we are working away from home. Management is pretty relaxed, we manage our own times. We have a very mixed culture, we respect each other. We do work long hours and I think that's the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Incentives
professional and well balanced
lead cost engineer (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng29 September 2017
Good work environment although I spent most of my career with them based on site, Offices well situated to get to and well laid out. Management in general excellent with a few exceptions. Enjoyed working for them as systems one of the best I have worked with
Pros
excellent systems
Cons
low communication
productive and enjoyable
QC Inspector (Former Employee) –  Secunda, Mpumalanga17 September 2017
Snc lavalin kentz has a very good structure and all staff is efficient and helpfull. Its always a pleasure working for them. Team spirit and moral is always high due to the respect,friendlines and love showed by the senior management.
Pros
Living out allowance
Cons
some times short hours
5,0
safe working first an productive
piping supervisor/foreman (Former Employee) –  sasol secunda28 August 2017
Well supported when it comes to safety
Supportive when it comes to supervision
Good support to working
Good management due to support when completing of jobs
Pros
loa/accommodation
Very Productive and lucritve
Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Limpopo23 August 2017
very informative and straight to the point keep up the good work, and open for new ideas, opportunities & self empowerment in terms of skill development.
Pros
Professionalism
Cons
Long hours being acceptable as long as they are for good course
Coordinator / Planner (Current Employee) –  Secunda, Mpumalanga22 August 2017
Create a culture of mentoring and training
Have an open door policy that exist between me and the rest of the companies employees
Ensuring that safety and ethical compliance is a priority
Report on all deviations no matter how small
4,0
Very deverse and exiting company
Project Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Secunda, Mpumalanga9 August 2017
Very diverse and dynamic company to work for. Room for growth and experience. Is involved in various markets with workshare between international offices.
Pros
Exposure
Cons
Recent Changes in Organisation
Diverse, Productive and Fun Workplace
Executive Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midrand9 May 2017
Each day had new but fun challenges at work where I could grow and learn how to manage my time and develop multitasking skills. I enjoyed working with different colleagues everyday. The hardest part was dealing with different time zones across the globe but could always meet reporting deadlines.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SNC-Lavalin. Our community is ready to answer.

Based on 1 176 reviews