SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews

productive
scaffolding (Former Employee) –  Lephalale, Limpopo18 April 2018
Good servis .big campany.at workplace good ppe.safety is good.salary is good .right managment .good peopes .right campany .they us the food to eat th
Pros
free launch
Cons
long hour
Productive and good place to gain work experience.
Mechanical Fitter assistant (Former Employee) –  Govan Mbeki, Mpumalanga13 March 2018
Day to day jobs. Long hours and over time. Good and friendly team. Not bad management. I learnt a lot from respecting others,being a team player and safety rules. I enjoyed work there the job culture is simple to adhere with.
Pros
Free training inductions
Cons
Short breaks, medical health care assistant
Challenging work
Senior Millwright (Former Employee) –  Vanderbijlpark, Gauteng28 February 2018
We all understand it is a privilege to work for a large manufacturing company.
Also keep in mind work constraints and environments has its own challenges and this company is ever ganging and demand noting but the best from its employees. To meet all challenges and adhering to all set procedures always keep an open mind to excel and better yourself in one way or another. By extinguishing yourself from the other is the only way to get recognized.
That can only be by accomplishing strict work ethics and innovation.
Pros
Work comeradery
Cons
Long working hours
Hot work assistant (Former Employee) –  Secunda, Mpumalanga21 January 2018
Working at snc - lavalin has been such an a great experience for me as I've always wanted to be an artisan. I learned a lot and the experience i gained has helped me at school when i was doing the Boiler maker course. It helped a lot to have hands on experience so thanks to Snc lavalin kentz
Enjoyable workplace to an extend.
semi skilled fitter (Current Employee) –  Secunda, Mpumalanga10 January 2018
Enjoyable work and learning experience, unfortunately hard to get any advancement and the work is on a contract basis. Long hours on industrial rate, colleagues and management very friendly and try their best to keep us as long as possible.
Pros
industrial rate, petrochemical experience
Cons
Long hours, minimum advancements
Fun place and very productive
Document Controller (Current Employee) –  Secunda, Mpumalanga12 October 2017
We work and live as a family, as we are working away from home. Management is pretty relaxed, we manage our own times. We have a very mixed culture, we respect each other. We do work long hours and I think that's the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Incentives
professional and well balanced
lead cost engineer (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng29 September 2017
Good work environment although I spent most of my career with them based on site, Offices well situated to get to and well laid out. Management in general excellent with a few exceptions. Enjoyed working for them as systems one of the best I have worked with
Pros
excellent systems
Cons
low communication
productive and enjoyable
QC Inspector (Former Employee) –  Secunda, Mpumalanga17 September 2017
Snc lavalin kentz has a very good structure and all staff is efficient and helpfull. Its always a pleasure working for them. Team spirit and moral is always high due to the respect,friendlines and love showed by the senior management.
Pros
Living out allowance
Cons
some times short hours
safe working first an productive
piping supervisor/foreman (Former Employee) –  sasol secunda28 August 2017
Well supported when it comes to safety
Supportive when it comes to supervision
Good support to working
Good management due to support when completing of jobs
Pros
loa/accommodation
Very Productive and lucritve
Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Limpopo23 August 2017
very informative and straight to the point keep up the good work, and open for new ideas, opportunities & self empowerment in terms of skill development.
Pros
Professionalism
Cons
Long hours being acceptable as long as they are for good course

Want to know more about SNC-Lavalin?

Ask a question
Coordinator / Planner (Current Employee) –  Secunda, Mpumalanga22 August 2017
Create a culture of mentoring and training
Have an open door policy that exist between me and the rest of the companies employees
Ensuring that safety and ethical compliance is a priority
Report on all deviations no matter how small
Very deverse and exiting company
Project Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Secunda, Mpumalanga9 August 2017
Very diverse and dynamic company to work for. Room for growth and experience. Is involved in various markets with workshare between international offices.
Pros
Exposure
Cons
Recent Changes in Organisation
Diverse, Productive and Fun Workplace
Executive Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midrand9 May 2017
Each day had new but fun challenges at work where I could grow and learn how to manage my time and develop multitasking skills. I enjoyed working with different colleagues everyday. The hardest part was dealing with different time zones across the globe but could always meet reporting deadlines.
productive and save work enviroment
Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Secunda, Mpumalanga14 March 2017
it is a productive and busy day from start to finish with the main focus is the safety of the employees, management is involved in everything that happens in the company.
Productive, fun
mechanical fitter (Former Employee) –  Sasolburg, Free State17 February 2017
Its a great company to work for, management is every understanding and they care about their employees safety and well being. They provide training for their staff to make sure they do their jobs well and safely..
Cons
Long hours but only during shutdowns
Challenging and rewarding
HR IR Manager (Former Employee) –  Gauteng and its surrounding provinces3 February 2017
Everyday dawns new challenges which made my career at SNC Lavalin worth it. I have learnt self confidence and have strenthened my ability to manage difficult situations. My management was ever so supportive of the decisions I made by me in relation to my role as a HR IR Manager. SNC Lavalin's senior management ensured strict work place code of ethics, compliance and culture was enforced constintly. My view of difficulties or the hardest part of the job is unquestionable due to the fact that I make any thing difficult, a challenge to resolve which in turn makes my work so much more desirable. Everything and much more.
Pros
Company transport
Cons
Seven days of work.
Good work place and saf
she rep (Former Employee) –  Sasol, Secunda Mpumalanga9 January 2017
Task completed safest way and good management to the workers, earning good salary a fortnight no longer working hours you don't work underpressure good leadership and
Pros
own lunch
Cons
normal hours
Productive and fun working place
P1 and P2 (Former Employee) –  Inturn16 October 2016
Grate place to learn perfect working environment and enjoying working with positive minds people. Leard more about safety got the chanse to work on some safety officers
Cons
From 8am to 5 pm
Instructions are normaly given in a good and understandeble way
Boilermaker/Piping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gauteng S A26 May 2016
The Management at Kentz are strict but fair. Acknowlidgement are given where nessesary. It is a plesure to work fore the compeny.Thy are willing to send anny worker for further training
Good experience.
Mechanical Engineer - Senior (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP1 November 2015
Company that offered me the opportunity to learn new software applicable to my speciality. Gained good experience in pyro industry.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SNC-Lavalin. Our community is ready to answer.

4,0