South African Civil Aviation Authority

South African Civil Aviation Authority Employee Reviews

4,0
Productive and interesting place to work even without the pool-table. Staff is well-travelled and interesting
South African Civil Aviation Authority is a regulatory body under the Ministry of Transport. Much as I worked in Aviation Security, the staff obeyed the rules but they were not millitant and it made it a wonderful place to work.
5,0
productive and fun relax environment
has awesome benefits and bonus. i ejoy working for the company as theres growth, very relaxed environment except that they are way behind when it comes to technology
Aviation regulation
Regular revising and updating of relevant regulations in an attempt to prevent aircraft accidents from happening or recurring. The hardest part of the job is to see the trauma of relatives affected by aircraft accidents, but then it is very rewarding when you save the life of someone due to a regulation created.
Pros
Job satisfaction
Cons
Trauma of relatives affected by aircraft accidents
Professional environment
Great work environment, professional. The typical work day was busy which kept me stimulated. I learnt to pace myself accordingly. The hardest part of my job was leaving because I really liked it.
Pros
Cafeteria had good food variety
Cons
Risk of gaining weight due to amazing catering
hugely stressful environment
A very under resourced environment, in terms of funding and people. Places huge pressure on the staff who are there, and often disrupts the work life balance.
Pros
Contributing to the SA economy
Cons
Huge stress
Fun.
This was the reason I started my PPL in aviation. I love aircrafts and not only did I advance my skills in administration and problem solving but I got to enjoy Safety and training. My contract ended.
Very strict and profesional
Every day is investigation
I learned that you prioritise safety and don not compromise it.

Everybody is a manager

Stick to the Regulations, do not bend them.

Is that you make other people furious.

Your are sorounded by lawyers
Pros
Free Lunch
Interesting Company to work for
Exciting place to work, lot of challenges,and
hardwork is always recognized and rewarded.Teamwork and respect towards each

team mates is the best. They support harassment and discrimination by management and supervisors.The people are kind and like any

place,eg companies,churches,families etcetera there are bad days but the job security

is excellent and the company is making many exciting excellent changes.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Employee resignation
Job Description
Professionally respond to requests from both external and internal customers.

Ensure that all enquiries are finalised on a daily basis within the requirements of the rules and Regulations which govern the CAA.
Pros
Flixible Hours
Cons
Short Lunches
4,0
good people and caring staff
staff is well taken care of and the pay is well rounded. the pilots and students can be a little bit inpatient when it comes to doing their certification and its all in a days work but its all exciting and fun when you finally realise that you can diffuse a volatile situation by just staying calm and smile.

learned a lot about aviation there and loved every minute of it.
3,0
Challenging and highly technical place
It's an interesting company to work for, embracing innovation and cultural diversity. Aviation is a male dominated industry therefore as a woman you need to work 10 times harder in order to fit in.
Pros
Flexi hours
Cons
The environment is highly regulated and very technical
productive and fun workplace
From 8h00 to 16h00 I did filing and handling phone calls at records and also worked as a switchboard operator. I learned how to work under pressure and interacting with clients.
Dynamic, creativity and challenging
My job withing internal audit is very interesting on a daily basis as one is dealing with different issues / challenges all the time. So my people management skills are good as i get to interact with different people across the organisation with different levels of authority.Sometimes we are required to work overtime so a to meet the board deliverables and management requests. The hard part of the job is trying to get a buy in from management on a different way of doing things which would bring with it efficiencies etc. The part that I enjoy most about my work is getting to work with everyone across the organization and knowing exactly what are the most important value chains etc.
Pros
Learn more about the aviation industry
Cons
Long hours, trying to meet board submission deadlines
Fun workplace
Independent environment , no micro-management. Too much red tape and politics that affect the growth of individuals and company as whole. Personall interactions with individuals including the environment at middle managment down to foot soldiers is generally warm and welcoming. Top management however, is killing staff morale.
Pros
staff is warm and vibey, people know each other by name
Cons
No growth and too mcuh uncertainty
exciting technical environment
HUMAN RESOURCES POLICIES
Provide input into the development of HR policies and procedures according to Labour law

TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT

Identify training needs and requirements on both individual and organizational

by advising line managers

HUMAN RESOURCES ADMINISTRATION

Perform the day to day HR administration of SACAA policy and procedures inclusive of management of leave, EAP and benefit administration.

Approve leave electronically, attend to queries and follow up with line managers.

PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT

Provide line management with advice and support pertaining to performance and

assessment management of their staff.

Collate and follow up on the timeous submissions of managers’ performance

management reviews.

Facilitate and coordinate any appeals logged by staff members.

- more...
Pros
Free cellphone
Cons
Travelling
average
i think is accordingly and satisfactory, the company's vision says it all and they deliver the service
Pros
free lunches
Cons
normal hours
4,0
Nice place to work in save for corporate politics
The South African Civil Aviation Authority Is a nice place to work in save for workplace politics which in my mind is found in most work situations. During my tenure there was a lot of board interference who sometimes will micromanage the operations even being involved as far as engaging with the unions. Overall as a CFO I was very excited sharing my experiences with the team both at junior level as well as my peers especially on financial matters. What I learned at SACAA was never to get involved in workplace politics. More importantly as a CFO was to know that the auditors are always there to assist during audit so I must not shy away from them. What was also learnt while I was at SACAA was strict adherence to time lines as prescribed in the Treasury Regulations and PFMA. Management and workers were nice people to work with, except during budgets where we will disagree in terms of their budget requirements, as I would always say to them that I cannot please everyone and the budget needed to focus on the business strategy. There wasn't any hardest part of my job but the ecxitement was when we were preparing for ththe external audit to ensure that we got unqualified audit opinion which I always achieved with my team through hard work and dedication.
4,0
Very productive and fun everyday
My typical day involve meetings with stakeholders and service providers, improving sourcing strategies, managing a team of sourcing officers, travel cordinators, database administrator and contract officer on a daily bases.
I have a very dedicated team which is work driven and always striving to meet the objectives of the organisation in general.

The hardest part of my job is taking a blame for the things that were done by Business Units outside the Supply Chain processes and i still have to account for anything during audits.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the supply chain environment is an ever changing environment and it always brings new challenges which forces me to always read to keep abreast with all the new exciting changes.
Pros
destressing moments
Cons
long hours which i have adapted to without any complains
Ask a question about working or interviewing at South African Civil Aviation Authority. Our community is ready to answer.
4,2