South African Reserve Bank Employee Reviews

Good employer
Senior Electrical Technician (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng29 November 2019
Integrity, able to further my studies, able to move from one department to another to learn more skills. They also develop their employees for leaders position
4,0
team orientated and goal driven
Analyst Developer (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng20 November 2019
Everybody comes together to meet the reserve bank vision and mission in a very collaborative manner.

The vision and mission are clearly outlined at the beginning of the year.
5,0
productive fun place to learn, grow and relaxed
Wilp student trainee (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng13 November 2019
I got the opportunity to do my WILP program there and meet everyone on a lively mood, I have learnt so much especially from a bank that people think doesn't have engineering departments. it's culture and environment is amazing, there is room for growth.
growth opportunities
data capture (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng4 November 2019
there are limited opportunities for growth to junior stuff within the Bank and they only offered promotions to senior employees.they do offer best internal training opportunities and short courses.
Challenging but rewarding
Associate Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Pretoria South AFrica26 September 2019
Good place to work, many fringe benefits. Dynamic and opportunistic learning in this organisation as there is a large cultural and demographic divide in the bank
5,0
A dream place to work for
National Key Point Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng12 June 2019
Very professional and friendly environment to work at.frienfly staff.open for learning and empowering oneself.lots and lots of opportunities for growth
Pros
Lunch club and fully equiped gym.fairoff dsys
Productive and fun workplace
Executive Support (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng24 May 2019
I provided IT support to Executive management and that taught me how to deal with top management. I enjoyed working there because i was always on my toes and learned new things everyday thus broadening my experience and knowledge.
Records
Assistant Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng9 May 2019
I'm learning a lot everyday. It makes me fall more in love with the financial world.The work environment is very good and you get to learner more.You just have to be willing to learner.
Pros
free lunch
5,0
Interesting job and very professional environment
Associate Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng7 May 2019
The role of Associate Financial Analyst on a typical day involved responding to applications received from banks on behalf of their clients, involving cross border transactions. Our team also had to meet bank representatives and other stakeholders to discuss existing policy and challenges surrounding same.
Pros
Being exposed to all economic participants.
Day at work
AML Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng17 April 2019
I started my AML/CFT career at the South African Reserve Bank, which provided me with the necessary foundation required for the applying AML/CFT application in the banking industry. Management empowered subordinates and there was sufficient room fro growth.
Pros
Good benefits like medical aid and pension contributions from employer
Cons
many older people employed here
5,0
Great place to work indeed
Admin assistant (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng19 March 2019
It was a great experience for me to have been deployed to do my training at the Bank. The culture, the staff and the environment was beautiful. There is room for growth within as there are multiple departments. Management is understanding and supportive, interaction with different personalities and exposure in other departments was informative and helped me to grow professionally.
Pros
Free lunches, in the presence of high class people
Cons
The working hours are flexible and suitable to all
Best Employer
Admin Officer (Former Employee) –  Pretoria14 March 2019
This must surely be the best company in South Africa to work for,the management from the CEO downward are all ivolved in the daily running of the company
5,0
I have passion for my job hence I do with with dilligence.
Security official (Former Employee) –  Gauteng20 December 2018
My work day start normally with patrols inside the building as well as outside perimeter to make sure that everything is still in good order,love my job.
Pros
Opportunities for personal development
Cons
unpredictable hours
Growth environment
Credit Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  City of Tshwane, Gauteng27 November 2018
Credit Risk Management:
- Ensured that the banks comply with regulations that govern credit risk
- Provide credit risk assessments for locally and internationally listed banks
- Implemented in-house credit risk models
- Prepared daily, weekly and monthly credit risk reports
- Implement pre-warning signals for investments with high probability of default
- Ran and compiled the Credit/Cash Management Report and monitored all credit exposures with counterparties to ensure good governance
- Reconciled the Credit/Cash Management Report with the Open Position Reported and investigated items reflected on the Exception Reports
- Have good knowledge and understanding of BASEL II

Share Performance and Investments:
- Monitored and analysed monthly performance of share movements of all South African Reserve Bank’s investments and counterparties.
- Conducted financial analysis of SARB’s investments and researched the industry and the financial markets
- Prepared monthly and quarterly performance reports of investments
- Researched relevant news relating to share performance and other financial news of counter-parties

The work culture was highly collaborative and they managed to create a learning organisation.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with some of the bureaucratic red tape that came with the organisation

The most enjoyable part was being the given the space to research on relevant topics.
Pros
Researching on relevant topics, good leadership and great working environment
Cons
bureaucratic red tape in getting things done
3,0
Professionalism
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng27 November 2018
I have learned about the most important values in the finance industry as they are part of the business and they are:
1. Integrity
2. Accountability
3. Trust and Respect
4. Open Communication
5. Excellence

I have incorporated these values in myself and intend to apply them wherever I go.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Hierarchy
4,0
Productive and very buzzy workplace
security officer (Former Employee) –  Jahannesburg Gauteng15 November 2018
First day at work was easy because we were in a group, learned a lot especially seurity, adapted with new management style.company knows how to care its employees.
Pros
Care for employees who like studies, and medical as well.
Cons
Eployees who does not want to study were lost.
Productive and professional
Programme and Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng6 November 2018
Everyday has its challenges but nothing that can I can not manage in a professional and positive manner. Accuracy is key and meeting deadlines make you a winner. It is a very friendly, but serious company. I really enjoyed working at SARB.
Pros
Access to the gym, Laundromat and shoe repair. In-house canteen.
Cons
Formal wear (Suite & tie environment)
4,0
Regulatory driven and therefore rigid and bureaucratic.
Divisional Head: Banking and Insurance Department (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng13 September 2018
Top management lack management skills and fear challenges. Prone to victimization on the highly qualified and experienced. Too much favours to those without necessary knowhow. Top management believe in tokenism and tend to favour those who always agree with everything. Staff disillusioned and uoung people eave sooner than expected. No transformation. Retention strategy failing because the implementation is not effective. Too much talking but fail to execute plans.
Pros
Subsidised lunches
Cons
Rigidity and lack of management skills on top management.
4,0
Productive, dynamic and advanced work environment
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng8 May 2018
Managing the offices of the senior managers of the relevant units within the IERPD.
Performing duties related to office administration, including receipt and processing of correspondence, documents and mail.
Providing secretarial support services, including diary and contacts management, and making all arrangements to receive visitors. Maintaining the filing system.
Handling telephone calls, and making arrangements for travel and accommodation.
Typing reports, correspondence, memorandums, agendas and minutes, and attending to ad hoc projects and requests.
Liaising with appropriate people in the IERPD, other departments and external stakeholders.
Manage leave and attendance according to the (HR) Leave Policy.
Liaising with international financial organisations
Pros
Flexi hours, Free lunches, Gym, Free parking and Day care centre
Cons
Office bound
3,0
Good
DATA ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng22 February 2018
less rules,workin hours are reasonable,good environment,employee bursaries and many employees are studying maning u work wih most of educated people which is moivating
Pros
free lunch
Cons
management