South African Reserve Bank

South African Reserve Bank Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun
Nice to work in Central Bank with good ethics and follow timely deadlines as first priority..
Environment is good by collaborating with each other .
3,0
great empoyee relationships
everybody worked well together.friendly staff and management.everybody shown the necessary respect for one another.we worked together not just as a team but as a family.all problems concerning the work and fellow staff get sorted out immediately.
5,0
Great company to work for.
Great benefits and job security. Opportunities to learn locally and internationally. Good brand. Exposure to economic matters irrespective of the field of work.
Great employer
Secured company to work for, they value their employees. They have valuable benefits that each employee needs as a person. It’s employees are the best assets
3,0
Very good overall benefits including medical aid
A great place to work for, great benefits, job security. fun workplace is terms of different team building activity, Christmas lunches, open days with family if you're into that kind of thing.
Pros
canteen with a variety of meals also Wiesenhof on site
Cons
career development does not work for everyone
Best Employer
SARB is one of the best employers in the country. The employees have a lot of benefits that no company can match. Sadly I had to leave because I was not growing in my career
Review of SARB
a Very good place to work for. The Salary and perks for employees are above average. There are unlimited opportunity for employees to study further for free.
Good employer
Integrity, able to further my studies, able to move from one department to another to learn more skills. They also develop their employees for leaders position
4,0
team orientated and goal driven
Everybody comes together to meet the reserve bank vision and mission in a very collaborative manner.

The vision and mission are clearly outlined at the beginning of the year.
5,0
productive fun place to learn, grow and relaxed
I got the opportunity to do my WILP program there and meet everyone on a lively mood, I have learnt so much especially from a bank that people think doesn't have engineering departments. it's culture and environment is amazing, there is room for growth.
growth opportunities
there are limited opportunities for growth to junior stuff within the Bank and they only offered promotions to senior employees.they do offer best internal training opportunities and short courses.
Challenging but rewarding
Good place to work, many fringe benefits. Dynamic and opportunistic learning in this organisation as there is a large cultural and demographic divide in the bank
5,0
A dream place to work for
Very professional and friendly environment to work at.frienfly staff.open for learning and empowering oneself.lots and lots of opportunities for growth
Pros
Lunch club and fully equiped gym.fairoff dsys
Productive and fun workplace
I provided IT support to Executive management and that taught me how to deal with top management. I enjoyed working there because i was always on my toes and learned new things everyday thus broadening my experience and knowledge.
Records
I'm learning a lot everyday. It makes me fall more in love with the financial world.The work environment is very good and you get to learner more.You just have to be willing to learner.
Pros
free lunch
5,0
Interesting job and very professional environment
The role of Associate Financial Analyst on a typical day involved responding to applications received from banks on behalf of their clients, involving cross border transactions. Our team also had to meet bank representatives and other stakeholders to discuss existing policy and challenges surrounding same.
Pros
Being exposed to all economic participants.
Day at work
I started my AML/CFT career at the South African Reserve Bank, which provided me with the necessary foundation required for the applying AML/CFT application in the banking industry. Management empowered subordinates and there was sufficient room fro growth.
Pros
Good benefits like medical aid and pension contributions from employer
Cons
many older people employed here
5,0
Great place to work indeed
It was a great experience for me to have been deployed to do my training at the Bank. The culture, the staff and the environment was beautiful. There is room for growth within as there are multiple departments. Management is understanding and supportive, interaction with different personalities and exposure in other departments was informative and helped me to grow professionally.
Pros
Free lunches, in the presence of high class people
Cons
The working hours are flexible and suitable to all
Best Employer
This must surely be the best company in South Africa to work for,the management from the CEO downward are all ivolved in the daily running of the company
5,0
I have passion for my job hence I do with with dilligence.
My work day start normally with patrols inside the building as well as outside perimeter to make sure that everything is still in good order,love my job.
Pros
Opportunities for personal development
Cons
unpredictable hours
Growth environment
Credit Risk Management:
- Ensured that the banks comply with regulations that govern credit risk

- Provide credit risk assessments for locally and internationally listed banks

- Implemented in-house credit risk models

- Prepared daily, weekly and monthly credit risk reports

- Implement pre-warning signals for investments with high probability of default

- Ran and compiled the Credit/Cash Management Report and monitored all credit exposures with counterparties to ensure good governance

- Reconciled the Credit/Cash Management Report with the Open Position Reported and investigated items reflected on the Exception Reports

- Have good knowledge and understanding of BASEL II

Share Performance and Investments:

- Monitored and analysed monthly performance of share movements of all South African Reserve Bank’s investments and counterparties.

- Conducted financial analysis of SARB’s investments and researched the industry and the financial markets

- Prepared monthly and quarterly performance reports of investments

- Researched relevant news relating to share performance and other financial news of counter-parties

The work culture was highly collaborative and they managed to create a learning organisation.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with some of the bureaucratic red tape that came with the organisation

The most enjoyable part was being the given the space to research on relevant topics.
Pros
Researching on relevant topics, good leadership and great working environment
Cons
bureaucratic red tape in getting things done
Ask a question about working or interviewing at South African Reserve Bank. Our community is ready to answer.
4,3