South32 Employee Reviews

1,0
job work
sales executive (Current Employee) –  Mpumalanga2 December 2018
I declare that all the above information is true according to my knowledge ,l am a humble person ,positive attitude who is willing to work and learn any kind of job.
Pros
free lunche
Cons
long hours 15 min
5,0
The Company is Productive and a good place to work for.
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Witbank30 October 2018
The typical day at work is when, I work on a machine that is on a deadline. the machine is needed for production and I have to work long hours.
I have learn to work safe every time and do risk assessment.
The management is very good and supportive.
The culture is work as a team always to avoid injuries.
The job becomes difficult when I don't have all the spares required to do my job.
I enjoy working as a team so we can archive our goal which is getting the machine fixed and ready for production.
Pros
Braai and Production Bonus if we do good on production.
Cons
I do work Long hours but its paid.
handling breakdowns,supervision,safety,training,coaching
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  KwaZulu-Natal, Richards bay1 August 2017
I have a mixed of good and bad days at work as a supervisor on shift with your team no one knows what's going to break or fail, some shifts go well whereby we as at team concentrate on improvements, spares, SAP, training; etc and on the so called bad days we are busy sorting out the breakdowns in the various plants that's under my control, if the breakdown requires contractors to rig/weld/fabricate, I go ahead and arrange the resources, spares and create a plan to follow until completion to the task.

Enjoyable and challenging when your experience is put to the test when carrying out fault finding, working safely and speedily to get the plant back into production.

With all said the hard part is to monitor each activity with each minute spent and a total report is drawn up and submitted and end of each shift with hourly reporting on the progress, sometime challenging when you are busy in-between multiple breakdowns but at the end of it all the work gets done,
Pros
four day shift cahnged to the family roster
Cons
working shifts
Working at south32 was the best time of my working career
electrical apprentice (Former Employee) –  Richards Bay, KwaZulu-Natal5 July 2017
I learned a lot working at south32 .The employees are always eager to teach you what you don't understand.Management is always there if you have a problem and they help in anyway they can
5,0
A very great place to work on
operator (Current Employee) –  Witbank, Mpumalanga6 May 2017
They care too much about safety of their employees.the management treat people with care and respect. The employees also care,trust and do the job to their excellence
Pros
Food parcels are subsided
Cons
Normal working hours
Productive and fun workplace
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ogies, Mpumalanga16 March 2017
The company, South32, is a productive and fun workplace that allows for diversity and is open to employee ideas. The job is challenging, which allows you to learn and grow your skills.
4,0
I had gained and acquired lots of experience
Mine Manager (Current Employee) –  Witbank, Mpumalanga3 January 2017
I have enjoyed working for South32 and I have started working for this company on 2005 as graduate engineer. I was fortunate to be moved from all departments relating to mining to gain as much experience as possible. I have been to planning, production and projects. I have acquired a lot of experience and skill in most of these.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Being the only woman in most of the departments
4,0
Safety and production driven
Supervisor Mining (Current Employee) –  Kathu, NC12 October 2015
Challenging condition on day to day basis with positive outcomes, very good learning school, positive co-workers, Safety and Health top priority