Standard Bank Employee Reviews

Found 1 139 reviews matching the search See all 1 238 reviews
5,0
Energetic focus within all departments
Personal Assistant to the Senior Financial Planner (Current Employee) –  Amanzimtoti, KwaZulu-Natal15 April 2019
I have gained alot of work ethic in the short time I have been here. Management is amazing and respect goes both ways no matter the position. Motivation and daily encouragement is a daily norm.
Pros
Motivation
Cons
Contract Structure
4,0
Productive and fun at workplace
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Barkly-Wes, Northern Cape11 April 2019
Standard Bank is a nice place to work at. Sometimes the Managers gives unreachable targets daily for small branches. They need to take a look at that.
Pros
Saturdays - Free Meals
Cons
Long Hours
3,0
Productive and customer orientated.
OFFICER DATA REMEDIATION (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng10 April 2019
The working environment is welcoming and free. I have learned to work with other people, share idea's and accept or adapt to change easily. The difficult thing for me was reaching my stretched target if we were having system issues. And being recognized during monthly awards or recognition ceremonies was the best thing ever.
Pros
Insensitive for best performers
Cons
Long hour's
Standard Bank
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg10 April 2019
There is a great culture at Standard Bank especially in the team I work with.
We learn every day, weather its a new skill or something new about the business. Standard Bank provides learning opportunities through a learning and development intranet site. Allowing us to increase skills and knowledge all the time.
Management can be very supportive at times, but also very dictatative.

The hardest part of my job would be not having the proper support structure in place to enable us to go beyond the boundaries of the job description.

I love that I am to make a difference our customers lives. They come to us as a last resort and it gives me the greatest satisfaction when I am able to retain and hear the customer say they are now happy.
Pros
Great experience, a wealth knowledge and relationships built with friends and collegues
Very Knowledgable place to Work
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  South Africa8 April 2019
This was a very interesting place to work as i gained much of my experience during my tenure at Standard Bank. Exposure was great with new technologies opportunities.
Pros
Practice was fair
Cons
Have to be dedicated to achieve success
5,0
Proudly standard bank staff member
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng8 April 2019
I have been working for the bank for the past 15 years and I love the vision and how this company looks after their business and staff. Love the company. But there is a lack of employment
Pros
Staff benefit and taking care of us
Cons
Lack of employment
Good Company
Teller/ ATM Custodian (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng4 April 2019
Policies keep employees interest at heart, although management and work conditions at a branch level aren't that great. Otherwise there are support structures in place, such as self-development although they aren't always readily available.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
good work rarely gets credit
sales and service
Back Office Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape2 April 2019
I am very positive and motivation person. I am hard working and have a passion for sales and service . I am always focus to achieve my goals and love working with people.
Productivity
Customer service consultant (Former Employee) –  Gauteng1 April 2019
We where taken to school in order to know the business details what is expected of us and the culture they have for team work as it is 1 of the requirements
Pros
Free education
productivity,values
consultant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng27 March 2019
a typical day at standard bank is never the same, every day brings with it new challenges and new opportunities not only to learn but to improve daily on your task at hand and for future obstacles that you may encounter, I have learned a lot especially the importance of team work, accuracy and behaviour, the most enjoyable part is meeting people from all works of life .
Pros
linkedin courses
Fun team
Fraud Investigator (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng24 March 2019
My team made the environment pleasant.
I am grateful for the experience gained and all the lessons learned.
Different situations build up my character.
Corporate Investment Banking at its finest
Specialized Trade Finance Consultant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng24 March 2019
I call it "Acting on the PACT"

Porposeful Collaboration
Active recognition
Candid engagement
Total Accountability
Pros
Growth being a large financial institution
Cons
Micro management
2,0
Unpleasant Work Environment
Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  City of Johannesburg, Gauteng20 March 2019
Demotivating environment
Authoritarian leadership style
Unhelpful colleagues
Advancement opportunities
No benefits
Very strict management
Unpleasant
1,0
We are just an A number!!!
Enquiries Consultant (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal19 March 2019
After working at standard bank for almost three years, i had made a decision to resign. Staff benefits are not as good as people think, management are not qualified to be in their current roles. You miss internal interviews because management are too scared that you will outgrow them. I was sent to various branches to assist because I had a vehicle, however there were others who held the same contract as I did. I was advised to work in that specific branch for only two weeks because nobody else could work, it was gone down to the third week and I was still at the branch that I was sent to, where my car had gotten stolen. Management showed no compassion what so ever. There is far too much gossiping between leaders, leaders gossiping over telephonic calls, I think that the head of standard bank need to listen in on their calls to see what they do all day. It has truly been a horrible experience for me, and I really do hope that nobody goes through what I have been through in this place.

I was nothing but an A number. However don't give up guys study hard, pray even harder, people will always want to hurt you and bring you down, but God will always rise above and bring you up. Don't let the enermy defeat you. Standard bank may not pay for your studies, but you have the power to pay for it yourself, so do it and grow wherever you are.

To all those that are unhappy working at standard bank, my advise trust in God, do your part and he will do the rest, God never fails. I made a decision to leave even without another job, because of how frustrated I was, how hurt I was,
  more... how management used me and abused me where I had lost one of the most precious things in life, but I got up one morning and said I can do this, this is just a phase in my life, and I will not let the management of standard bank make me feel this pain anymore. Don't let anyone be little you, or treat you anyhow.  less
Pros
None what so ever
Cons
Work over time, they complain to pay, unqualified management, more focus on sales than anything else. I could go on and on...
Productive and driven
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Brackenfell, Western Cape19 March 2019
Be prepared to work hard in order to achieve goals.
Must be multi skilled in order to have a successful career. Things change daily in the bank so be adaptable to change
Pros
Staff rates
Cons
Stressful environment
4,0
Productive and alot of focusing required
Personal Assistant to the CIB Executive (Former Employee) –  Guateng, Johannesburg18 March 2019
I have been working at Standard bank, for Drake & Scull FM (Outsource Company) for 2 years and gained insight and experience regarding Regional Office/ Business Banking of the Eastern Cape. Something valuable that I learnt was the manner in which we deal with clients in regards to maintaining great relationships with them. I deal with clients on a daily basis and always go the extra miles for them ensuring that they get great friendly service. I have a passion working with people and should I be given the opportunity I would prove be an asset to your company.
Pros
Awesome team
Cons
Sometimes no time for lunch
Productive and value building
Data Governance (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng17 March 2019
The workplace culture is very conducive to ones brand value. There's a high demand of delivery but the onus is upon the incumbent to own their work delivery. Wonderful place to work in.
Pros
Great Work life balance
1,0
productive and easy to adapt to change
Consultant, Fleet Administration (Former Employee) –  Centurion, Pretoria16 March 2019
typical day at work its only when we having system glitch as we also do customer facing and its looks a bit disappointing having a customer coming here and the next thing they must be returned as there's other things to be accessed on the system and cant be done manually.

Our culture is great team work and transparency.

I personally do no think there;s hardest part of job so long as we work as a team , we always conquer.

recognition and rewards.
Pros
day off
Best Employeer
Team Leader Branch (Former Employee) –  Mpumalanga15 March 2019
Best company to work for , culture of embracing the company values, staff development and best benefits. More support from leadership. And committed staff
Pros
Development
5,0
Being productive need to be open to learn daily management interacts very well ..time for work & play
Teller (Former Employee) –  City of Cape Town, Western Cape8 March 2019
Standard bank a great company to work for gained a lot of experience over the years.Living the values of the bank can be beneficial in you daily life
Pros
Lunch and tea breaks are paid for good yearly increase are received based on your performance, value sharing are given based on performance and incentives etc.....

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Standard Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Based on 1 238 reviews