Standard Bank

Standard Bank Employee Reviews

Found 2 089 reviews matching the search
Maintenance department
Standard bank as a company taught me to live by the values,
I learned how to easily adapt in business culture

I learned how to work in teams

I got road experience as the bank offer multiskilling programme
5,0
Sbsa is an excellent company to work for. The best bank to work for.
Am who I am because of this company. When I had financial problems, they were there with me until I manage to sort my financial affairs.
Currently I have two properties of which one is paid up and another one is bonded just recently.

They even paid for my studies when I resign early last year, without paying it(study loan) back and they even took me back late last year.
2,0
Very unorganized and wavering leadership
During thirty years of loyal service the time has come to leave. The uncertain and whim driven leadership at Director level is killing a once proud and efficient organisation. From the highs of being a market and service leader in the 90's to becoming a struggling and wavering entity is troubling. A culture of work life balance is only words and disperses as soon as it is challenged or attempted to be placed into practice.
5,0
Working for standard bank day to day was good at all times.i have learned lot of things like how to handle a customer.
I liked working for standard bank. It taught me lot of things wish that if I maybe be hired to another company similar to standard bank I will deliver the service I delivered for standard bank.
Good SA business
Good place to work, good benefits.
international projects

presence in London.

Full range of services in South Africa and Africa

Largest bank in Africa
3,0
Working at standard bank is a comply and complain later environment
The working environment is stressful working 3 weekends a month 6 days a week. They need to change that to 2 working weekends and 2 weekends off.
Uplift its staff and allow the staff to grow within. Business registration and support upcoming business
Pros
Love the staff
Cons
Would go back again
fun,team working sometimes srressfull
it was fun working at standard bank,the culture,environment and managers are fairly and its refreshing.however it has its own challenges and pressure like any other business.wouldn't mind going back.
5,0
It’s a good company to work for.
Seasoned Service Manager bringing 14 years of Banking experience. Proficient in business practices, standards of operation and customer needs.Empowering leader with passion for developing teams with focus on exceptional service delivery and customer retention.
Fun workplace
Was a nice and fun workplace
I enjoy working there and i learned a lot to work into environment of more people and working with different system work and much process
5,0
The job description is relevant and competitive
Customer service is the key to success in every aspect of business in order to make the company grow and develop it was a great opportunity to work at standard bank because there are studies in all fields of department
Great place to work.
Standard Bank is a great place to work and it offers so much variety in terms of a career direction. Like it's slogan, however, keep on moving forward, this is something I would recommend any employee to do also.
Pros
Competitive salary, advancement and further educational opportunities.
Cons
It is only as good as the people it employs.
Great company
Working for a huge bank like Standard Bank was a dream come true.It was the first company to work for and I really learnt a lot from it.It is a great company with great people and always provided excellent service to the customers
5,0
Always being fair to job opportunirs
I would love to work as a cleaner, cos it is part of me, working in standard bank, who i i am banking for the past twenty five years is a honour, also i am a code 10 driver with valid pdp, i got recently retrenched, i can also assist with any other task given to me, i am happy to start immediately
5,0
Production is satisfactory according to stock management
The feel of moving forward is in the culture of standard bank as a whole and I am able to balance my life at work and at home. Being at standard bank feels like home.
Loyal and Honest
Very production and you experience different things everyday. You need to be innovative and ready to learn. Serving customer to our best ability was key. Customers come first in every employee. You need to be very reliable always be on time. always put the customers needs first.
great company
Standard Bank is a great company to work for. On top they really do care about the staff. In the branches they have their own culture and rules, which can be abit stressfull on daily work completions.
4,0
Standard Bank is a fun place to work for however they do not engage with staff personally before they can make decisions .
Standard Bank is a nice company to work for however staff engagement lacks .They do not care how you do your job as long as its done .They want results .They give you a lot work that can be done by 2 people and pay a minimal salary .
Benefits
Cons
Staff engagement
Perfect working place
Standard bank was the best company i have worked for and they paid very well as their hour was R105 and their Managers are so nice and understanding. I worked at the float department and i was only work a straight shift monday to friday
Excellent work ethics competive
I enjoyed the adrenalin the sales requirements but most of all assisting my banker so that their job ran smoothly.

Enjoyed working under pressure as well as interacting with my peers and clients

I have great organizational skills
3,0
a fun workplace
We had to work, and have fun at the workplace at the same time. that motivated the staff to perform to their utmost. every employee very focused because it was a fraud department , dealing with peoples money. that taught me to focus more and always e vigilant. best part of the job was calling the client to tell them that you managed to save their money and get it back into their accounts
Productive but controlled
Go to the office to fetch your work, site visits, write report at each site,
go home, hand in the reports the next day, Contact the clients and inform of the problems encountered on site, make appointment for the client and builder to come to the office or meet on site to find a solution.
Pros
Control your own time
Cons
Have to complete the days tasks
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Standard Bank. Our community is ready to answer.
4,1