Standard Bank Employee Reviews

Found 1 994 reviews matching the search See all 2 136 reviews
4,0
Productive and fun at the same time.
Marketing Officer (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng12 December 2019
Standard bank is a great company to work for,But at this moment i just need to expand and grow out of it...Get to experience other companies cultures and the hunger to learn more about other cultures in other major companies at large.
Collaborative and productivity
Teller/Enquiries Consultant (Current Employee) –  Botshabelo, Free State9 December 2019
It is fun working at a friendly work place and healthy environment. I have learned that an employee is a representative of the company, what ever you do reflect on the image of the company. working working with different customers gives a better understanding of different back round and different culture. It gives you a good experience of working one on one with people.
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rosebank, Gauteng6 December 2019
Standard Bank is a good organisation to work for. Learned and experienced a lot on my day to day working experience. Able to go on courses to expand my knowledge and built my skills level.
4,0
Good leadership to grow new workforce entrants
Manager - Employee Marketing and Corporate Communications (Former Employee) –  Rosebank, Gauteng5 December 2019
Supports employees development, growth and natures talent. Leadership also is easily accessible. Could improve in rewarding and salary. Working with product heads helps with understanding the business better
5,0
Productive and leading the team
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng5 December 2019
Operationalize the regional sales strategy into tactical plans to drive sales activities across the full customer value proposition through cross sell opportunities optimization and acquisition of new commercial banking, Agricultural, Public Sector and Franchise clients.
I learned more about people and how to manage a team effectively and successful.
Pros
People
Cons
Compliance
4,0
Productive and constant stress, lack of growth opportunities
Manager Legal (Former Employee) –  30 Baker Street Rosebank4 December 2019
Arriving well before official working hours usually 6.30. Attending to late correspondence that came in after I left the previous day. Vetting of 20 to 30 Forensic investigators reports and sign off on evidence available. Attendance at court assisting prosecutors with presenting of evidence for successful prosecution. Well loved culture with good peer and senior Management interaction. Hardest part of the job was keeping up with the volumes as we were only 3 in the legal Advisory Service Division whom has to support 300 plus Branches with execution of court orders and execution of same. Execution and checking of information supplied in terms of criminal and civil subpoenas were delivered on time and within the ambit of the subpoena . Watching brief, instructing council and watching Brief on a variety of matters. Keeping abreast of Legislative developments
Productive and educational
Transactional Banker (Former Employee) –  Gauteng3 December 2019
Fast pace environment.
I learnt to work efficiently and meet deadlines.
Management had an open door policy with the aim to deliver positive results.
The workplace culture was to work hard, deliver results and have fun after.
The hardest part of the job was not closing off queries because clients are not available at the time.
Helping clients with their banking needs.
3,0
Standard Bank
Scrum Master (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng3 December 2019
Flexible working arrangements, which is a big bonus.
Job security is an issue due to recurring budget cuts.
It is fast paced and there is the opportunity to learn a lot about banking and IT.
4,0
productive, relaxed and fun workplace
Assistant to Financial PLanner (Former Employee) –  Back Office - Sandton Alice Lane3 December 2019
I loved it to come to work, have my diary/duties set out for the day and complete all tasks no worries about left over work and deadlines carried over
active and competitive
Private Banker (Former Employee) –  Pretoria2 December 2019
relationship building with client.
financial solutions to client.
finance applications ( car,house,student loans, consolidations)
contact management
Pros
time management.
Cons
travelling to clients
3,0
Medium Paced environment
RM (Former Employee) –  Tzaneen, Limpopo1 December 2019
The environment was partially challenging, sales was a given due to large range of products. Sucessful Business in most cases with room for growth depending of FV.
4,0
A good place to equip one to engage with different types of people, with different cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, languages.
Team Leader Service Center (Former Employee) –  Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal30 November 2019
New day with new challenges from colleagues, customers nd management. Learning new systems, new regulations nd writing assessments. Maintaining staff good working environment. Keeping our customers happy. Management will be expecting good results even on tough situations.. Proactive thinking was a tool of survival.
5,0
Best company I have worked for so far.
Risk services consultant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng29 November 2019
Great company to work for, very dedicated management. Various trainings were frequently provided, learned how to multitask as I was multi skilled in my position.
M a hard worker
Cash consultant (Current Employee) –  Mall of the North, Limpopo29 November 2019
Standard banks is a great place to work and I have learned a lot, and they have taught me how to work with people and also work under pressure, and as
Team Colloboration.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng29 November 2019
What stood out for me was the collaboration that I was involved in as a Team Leader, I was given the task to co-ordinate. It was a collaboration between the Sales and the New applications Credit department. With the hard work we ended up achieving what was required it was not easy though.
4,0
Balancing work and personal life.
Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nelspruit, Mpumalanga29 November 2019
I feel sometimes it becomes so stressful to a point where you forget about you and you only live as an employee of SBSA, not as an individual. I love the people, they teach young people like us to always strive for success, don't settle, get what you want.
Productive and educative
Project Consultant (Former Employee) –  Constantia Kloof, Gauteng28 November 2019
It had Quality balanced personal and professional life.
I was not permanently employed which made me leave in a year and six months due to no benefits.
2,0
Risk agent (Former Employee) –  Constantia Kloof, Gauteng28 November 2019
Standbank is a good bank on the outside but structure inside is poor blames get shoved around n problems are never resolved. Pay was not given were due, agents worked hard in upskilling which means more work for them but no reward was given
What I learned
Tele Consultant/In and Outbound Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Constantia Kloof, Gauteng27 November 2019
As a sales consultant I learned that I must not be set back by a single No, the more I talk to people the more are the chances of making sales. Having been a data capture at FNB before made it much eisier for me to be fast and be able to get done fast and make another call.
5,0
The time i work at standard bank i learned a lot when it comes about the values of the bank.
Protection officer (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal27 November 2019
It was good to work at standard bank because we was respect each other. And secondly it was grow their customers to the technology of nower days as now we are on fourth revolution.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Standard Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

4,1