Starke Ayres Employee Reviews

2,0
Very tidy and clean
Administrative Assistant at the warehouse (Current Employee) –  Bredell farm Kempton Park 16198 August 2019
I happy to work at Starke Ayres.but not that much.they are very strictly when comes to work.i learn to take my job seriously and I have learn too much job at Starke Ayres.i have worked 17 yrs for Starke Ayres.but time is to change and look for other side.and deliver the knowledge you have to other companies
Pros
30min lunch
Cons
Exactly hours
5,0
Great company to work for, lovely environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Sandown, Cape Town24 July 2019
Starke Ayres Garden Centre is a nursery and is a lovely company to work for. Summer it's very busy however it's a little quiet during the winter months. There is a lovely coffee shop, which caters for weddings and conferences.
5,0
Fun work place.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vredendal,21 February 2019
Every day on the road and on a new or other farm. Not a office job. Nice to work outside and in nature. Learn a lot to handle and work with clients. The hardest part of this job is that all the clients want their orders like yesterday and then you have to think out of the box.
But it is nice to work with farmers and in nature and with nature. You see places that other people do not see.
Pros
Not a office job
Cons
Client accept you work 24 Hour day
2,0
You are just a number
Horticulturist (Current Employee) –  West Beach, Western Cape29 January 2017
If you have any creativity and ethics, do not work for this company. You are a cog in a very big and non caring wheel. Many people leave due to being treated badly and being told their job is under threat.

Not a pleasant environment. You are just a number.
fun and productive company
promoter (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng25 February 2016
The company takes pride in sharing knowledge and empowering others.I learned a lot during my short stay with them, from how to be confident in yourself and in the products you sell so that it becomes easy for you to sell to customers.my co-workers where supportive as well
Pros
knowing you have met target for the day and you on spot number 1
Cons
not having customers for the day
good working environment
Machandiser (Former Employee) –  mthatha Eastern cape24 October 2015
I'd like working for the company because you get to knock off on time, Olso interesting working requirement. The company has good working conditions and good benefits, it will give me a great experience.
benefits
Cons
good security
3,0
Communication skills
Landscape assistance (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, WC6 October 2015
Basically communicating with my colleagues and the management where very helpful in terms of allowing us to access information on the office and ask them when we lack of information .
Pros
Transport for employees
Cons
Working on weekends and holidays
Productive and Good company
Office Assistance / Driver (Former Employee) –  GP5 May 2015
A busy everyday work and I learned more about agriculture more especially about the seeds. Management was good and the hardest part of the job was to driving a very long distant and more hours and the most enjoyable part of the job meeting new people every day, delivering and collecting of goods from and to clients.
Pros
Free lunhes
Cons
short time
Organised
Retail Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, ZN29 January 2015
The Company is well organised, I have obtained great knowledge in the FMCG sector.
Pros
Travel allowance
Cons
Dangerous areas
3,0
Dangerous and not fun at all
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Bloemfontein16 November 2014
I have worked for Seven(7) years for the company but never been given the opportunity to grow as there are training opportunities within the company(eg.firearm competency) though I have applied to be given the training which is payable by me.
I have been moved around different sites to do damage control as per my expertise and good working behaviour and knowledge of the job as per clients recommendation, but that never benefited me salary-wise as per working hours and rates per site(no fixed salary).

*i want to grow and be able to earn deservedly salary that will help me to provide for my family of five"5"(spouse and kids), thus I want to try something better career-wise!
Pros
Cons
less salary
Challenging
Executive PA (Current Employee) –  Kempton Park26 February 2013
Typical day at work - never the same.
The hardest and most enjoyable part of my job is doing the Directors Board Reports.
Pros
job satisfaction