Stellenbosch University Employee Reviews for Tutor

5,0
Bom local pra trabalhar
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Stellenbosch, Western Cape, África do Sul7 April 2019
A universidade oferece excelentes condições para o desenvolvimento das atividades de ensino e pesquisa.
4,0
Good
Tutor (Tutoring, Peer advice) (Former Employee) –  Stellenbosch, Western Cape19 January 2018
Job hours were fair for everyone. Job description was well put. Management was great. The balance between studies and work was Good, it just needed your time management.
4,0
Tutor medical, physiotherapy and occupational therapy students from years one to three
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape12 December 2017
Learnt a lot from tutoring the way I did. Required lot of l tours of work and students from tertiary and secondary education facilities. Interactions with different people of different professionals allowed for increased growth
Pros
Experience
Cons
Not specified times
productive
Maths and Science tutor (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape29 November 2017
Tutor students,
people learn differently because they are different.
management was good
the culture was ok
balancing between work and my studies
free lunch during meetings
Pros
challenge
Cons
low salary
Educative and diverse
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Stellenbosch, Western Cape2 July 2017
Being a tutor at Stellies was an enjoyable experience. The supervision was minimal which allowed you to grow in your own space. It gave me my first opportunity at learning how to deal with people. While I did not get official feedback from the lecturers whose modules I helped tutor, I did get the overall impression from the students that my presence and skill were helpful to their studies
Experience
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Stellenbosch, Western Cape5 June 2017
The opportunity to help students who needs extra support has helped me to think on my feet and understand how other students think. The support from the supervisor was very helpful and the students very friendly.
Easy Student Job
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Stellenbosch, Western Cape16 February 2017
We had covered many of the aspects required to complete the job, This made tutoring certain courses very easy and required minimal set-up time. It was a very rewarding experience as I enjoyed the interaction opportunity with the various students.
Pros
Interaction
Cons
Marking papers
Co-ordinations and Tutoring
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Political Science Department11 August 2016
Making sure all tutors are on time, overseeing schedules and meetings with lecturers. Making sure that there is constant communication between students, tutors and lecturer. Admin duties. Marking of essays.
Pros
Flexible hours
open learning place
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Stellenbosch, WC28 February 2015
It is the best place to broaden ones' life plans. The most enjoyable part of the work is the ability to work and meet with people from different walks of life.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
less time for fun
5,0
Christine Loxton - Tutor Assistant
Tutor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stellenbosch, WC21 January 2015
As a tutor I have learned many skills and I really enjoyed working for the University. We were a great team working together. I have outstanding organizing skills and I am a creative thinker. Being a tutor has also learned me to understand and respect different types of people in many different environments. I have greatly improved my ability to see a problem from different points of view before choosing an appropriate solution.
Pros
Working with people
Fun teaching environment
Psychology First Year Tutor (Former Employee) –  Stellenbosch, WC18 March 2014
Working within a tutoring environment showed me how great it was to teach. I thoroughly enjoyed working with the students and helping them reach their full potential within the discipline of psychology. A typical day at work would consist of presenting classes and working with students. This working environment taught me to work within a structured environment and sharpened my organisational and interpersonal skills. My co-workers were easy to work with, friendly and dependable.