Stellenbosch University Employee Review

View all Stellenbosch University reviews

Good, challenging and friendly environment.
Senior Administration / Finance Officer (Current Employee) –  Stellenbosch, Western Cape12 April 2016
Coming to work with positive attitude, working in really good conditions and environment overall. Seeing that you spend most of your time at the office I've learned that you need to make the most of it and help building a positive and healthy office atmosphere. Management normally support us as staff and help us in staying positive and focused. Co workers normally friendly and helpful and also adds to you being positive about your workplace. The hardest part of my job is that you cannot really plan your day, you try to, but when you get here, there's always some stuff that you need to attend to first or some problem that must be resolved, which normally takes up time, and in the end you day did not go as you planned. Enjoyable part is being in a senior position in my department, gives me some flexi time and allows me to delegate, which makes things easier for me.
Pros
Flexi time, space for career growth.
Cons
Nothing really

Other Stellenbosch University Employee Reviews

Working for US
Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape25 April 2019
The institution allowed for development and growth bur work progress lacked.
Management structures show minimal diversity and the work culture also needs to vast improvement.

What i enjoyed about my employment period there was the fact that i could help students whom was in need- supporting them through accurate completion of application forms.
I also enjoyed working with my immediate staff- since we worked as a team and the Manager also followed that pattern- all were treated the same- no levels.
Pros
End of year functions
Cons
No work progression
Productive learning space
Student assistant (Former Employee) –  Stellenbosch, Western Cape15 April 2019
Would prepare practicals for electrical engineering students. Make sure that they understand fundamental requirements before and after the practicals. Give feed back to the lecture using information the students are reporting so that learning environment is made better for them
Pros
Extra learning opportunity
Cons
No significant

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stellenbosch University. Our community is ready to answer.

4,1