SweepSouth Employee Reviews

It was good and short
domestic worker (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape7 November 2019
So far so good working for sweepsouth it is interesting because you meet different carectors different people and you earn more money...and you also know many places
No culture
Office (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape4 November 2019
Working at SweepSouth was like being transported back to high school without the fun parts. You wont be heard if you are not part of "management", who are not qualified to be managers. You will be subjected to bullying and blame on a daily basis because management lack responsibility and people skills.
However if you enjoyed those things about high school and lack people skills, this is the place for you. Good Luck
3,0
High security when they see that you did not press arrive at your client house they give you a phone call,
domestic worker (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal25 August 2019
Working at sweepsouth was a great opportunity for me because,infact it is the best company ever,on their training they make sure that you are well trained for this job,their clients was always honest when the hire someone they make sure that they give you full details including their directions to arrive safe at their houses.
4,0
Good
cleaners (Current Employee) –  Tshwane9 June 2019
When I go to work depending on what time am I booked by client to come to work , when I leave home I click on !y app that I'm on my way' , when I arrive I click ' I've arrived' so the client will know I! At the gate. I've learned to work with different types of people the good and bad..I learned time management cos without that you can't survive at Sweepsouth. The hardest part is to deal with a very rude client. The enjoyable part is that you travel a lot to even new places you didn't know about.you tour and explore, and meeting very good people out there!!thumbs up Sweepsouth! I love Sweepsouth!
Pros
Cons
It depends on the work, between 3 to 9 hours per day
2,0
Domestic Worker (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape6 March 2019
I love working for the company,I treat my guest with respect and loyalty on my job. I try to grant their needs and make them comfortable as possible.I love cleaning.
Pros
the people there
Fun and productive
cleaner (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape18 December 2018
U choose your own hours and where u want work and u can take days off on ur app if you have family problems without worrying about loosing your job,if you use the app correctly and mostly you clock in and out using your phone,confirming jobs too
Pros
Free data app
Cons
Less hours
Exciting & Fast Paced Company Culture
Head of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape21 November 2018
Super company to work for - no two days are the same.

Definitely not for those that like their comfort zones but superb learning potential and an exciting space to work in.

A strong, committed team make every day enjoyable!
4,0
Empowering culture and job satisfaction
Head Office (Current Employee) –  Cape Town20 November 2018
Working at SweepSouth is definitely not like working at a big corporate. The business is nimble, moves fast and is rapidly scaling. That means that you'll like be involved in aspects of the business that traditionally can be seen as out of scope for your role, but you'll learn a lot in a short space of time and contribute to building a great business. Your input will be valued, your dedication rewarded. The business also offers wonderful freedom in how you do your job on a daily basis which is tremendously empowering. This is not a 9-5 company and you will work outside of normal office hours from time to time. If you like working in a silo, this is not for you.
Pros
Flexibility, job satisfaction, culture, contributing to something great, interesting problems, meritocracy
Cons
Potentially for some people: Constantly changing direction, pressurised environment
A busy environment
Recruiting and Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng31 October 2018
A typical day would be to interview ladies that are interested in becoming domestic workers, teaching and training the ladies about sweepsouth and what is expected of them. I have gained experienced in teaching as I am studying to be a teacher at Unisa. The workplace is fun and everyone has the freedom to express themselves. The hardest part about the job is having to train over 30 ladies in a day. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to meet different ladies who speak different languages.
Pros
The company would organise team buildings so we would travel to go to Cape Town for any functions
Cons
We do not get overtime in working weekends
5,0
A lean, fast growing company with a challenging, meritocratic culture
Head of Data (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape30 October 2018
SweepSouth is a great place to grow and learn while supporting the disruption of an industry with deep, historical issues. This environment is a challenging one which I find stimulating as a high performing, A-type personality. Through my performance, I have been rewarded with constant above inflation increases and I feel like my contribution to the company is valued.

Let's be clear though, SweepSouth is a start-up looking to rapidly scale. If you buy into the culture and enjoy a challenging work environment without corporate BS, this is the place for you. Some may struggle but if you're the right person you will thrive.

Given the immense challenges faced in our industry, support and operations team members need a thick skin and a sense of empathy. Our workforce faces many issues in their day to day lives and customers can sometimes lack empathy which can be quite upsetting. However, SweepSouth holds strongly to the values of dignity and respect so you will find that your managers will back you up in difficult cases.

SweepSouth pays above industry standards and has a benefits package which is the same across staff members and is quite unmatched by other workplaces of a similar nature. We get medical aid support, pension fund contributions, cleaning credits, on-demand psychological support, and a generous leave policy.

Overall, while there have been times of struggle, I have grown immensely during my time at SweepSouth and I owe the company and its founders a debt of gratitude.
Pros
Every day is different, above industry average pay, camaraderie among colleagues
Cons
Certain periods of the year can be very challenging
4,0
Great career growth and opportunities
Customer Experience (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape26 April 2018
Being a start-up (moving to scale-up) means that employees are given unbelievable opportunities to grow within their roles as well as within the company.

The company rewards individuals who work hard and who share in the mission and values of the company. A great start-up culture exists within the company, filled with incredibly passionate and intelligent individuals who are like-minded in a goal to grow and continue providing employment opportunities for thousands of unemployed and under-employed individuals.
fun
N/A (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng9 April 2018
I do the laundry,clean all bedrooms , bathrooms do the ironing and play with the children after school.My bosses are always there for me at all times,cleaning the house while children are around are one of the hardest part of the job,playing with the children , preparing food and bathing the kids
Pros
free lunch
1,0
SweepSouth is not a good company to work for
N/A (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape6 March 2018
SweepSouth is by far the worst company I have worked for, there is absolutely nothing empowering about the company. Cold call recruitment companies and previous staff members and you'll hear what people are treated like.

Generally, you are not heard and you will be spoken to terribly on a daily basis from day 1.

I would strongly advise against working for or using this business.
good workplace
cleaner (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape26 January 2018
Working for them wad very wonderfully because they place you in different places in cape town using a map on your phone and their app flaxible hours too.
Pros
nothing
Cons
normal hours
Not much experience
Cleaner agent (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape19 January 2017
I was a cleaning agent so management and staff I only met once. Overall experience was not nice as there was no good communication between managent and me
Pros
Cons
No good communication from managent
Cool
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Cape Town,South Africa13 January 2017
Was a very good job but risky at th same time,they would send us to go and clean in different places and we use our own money to go and come back,and they would send us alone which is not safe because nowadays some people they are not good but at work they don't care about our safety they only care for money
Pros
Promotion
Cons
Short hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SweepSouth. Our community is ready to answer.

3,5