TAKEALOT.com Employee Reviews

Productive and really fun
Administration Inbound Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape12 April 2019
Great , professional company, great environment , vibrant community. Fun and innovative colleagues.always something new to learn. Proactive business ideas
Pros
Working hours, salary.
1,0
Always looking to recruit because they are the worst company to work for
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Foreshore, Western Cape16 March 2019
Underpaying employees and overwork. The culture is the worse in the industry! Management and Team Leaders are under skilled, unprofessional and judgemental. Things needs to change at takealot before the company falls apart! Not only do they sell cheap Chinese goods at unreasonably high prices - the superiors are to focused on gossiping and catfights or having relationships with each other than to be customer orientated! The CEO needs to check his staff, management and employees before its to late... I'd never recommend anyone to work here - they will crush your spirit - and not because you can't do your job but because they don't like your face or the colour of your skin or personal grudge. .. You have been warned !!!!
Pros
Cons
Underpay, unprofessional, overwork, culture sucks
Very intresting and fun
driver code 10 (Current Employee) –  Hatfield, Gauteng6 March 2019
It's a good company and workable ,as a family man you wi l n b able to put the food on the table and the working inviroment is also good all the time .
Pros
Cons
Hours a not that long depend how fast you are
Fun workplace
packer (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng22 February 2019
It helps you to know more about wherehouse job , including how to manage and control thing in the where house. On top of that it's very nice working there
Pros
Easy work
Worse Company to Work for
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape19 February 2019
Team Leaders are unprofessional and very narrow minded aswell as childish. The culture is horrible, instead of working together they work people out the company. Superiors has relationships with their agents, u don't get seen for how hardworking u are only if u are buying face. Underpaid overworked, half hour lunch, no benefits. Worse Company to Work for this is why they always recruiting
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional, management underskilled, long hours, no benefits, underpay
wo
Returns Clerk (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng19 February 2019
I have learnrd to work independently,team work and to work under pressue.Double checking my work and also submitting neat work..Working under pressue made me realize that i can do more
3,0
Excellent experience in customer service
Online shopping assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape10 January 2019
My time at Takealot.com has taught me the value of customer service in a few different examples:

- incorporating the value of simple and innovative, I was taught to think out of the box and find the quickest and easiest way to solve a customer's query.

- keeping the environment stimulating and fun, I learned how to work with and around people and how to keep calm when situations were stressful.

- by focusing on the aspect of being forthright and having a "do it" attitude, I was able to incorporate my own personal core value of helping others, and I was given the opportunity to take the initiative to do whatever it took to ensure customer satisfaction.

A typical day at work involved answering phone calls and responding to emails to resolve customers' queries. Inter-departmental communication was essential to ensure that issues were resolved and questions answered in as short a time as possible, to avoid disappointing customers.
Productive and good company
general worker (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng4 January 2019
It was good working at Takealot enjoyed every moment i knockon the gate like we were holding together like a family i have laern and lot of experience
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
8 working hours
very horrible place
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape3 January 2019
Never liked working there the money is not nice, there is no benefits.

The people however are fun and they gave me a reason to wake up and go work everyday.
A lot to learn
Inbound queries and receiving clerk (Current Employee) –  Kempton Park, Gauteng14 December 2018
*Working with suppliers and sorting issues out.
*Learned a lot about warehousing and it's departments.
* Workplace culture is pretty good.
*Hardest part of the job is the fact that there is no growth or better opportunities.
*Some of the people i work with are great.
Pros
Cons
no better opportunities, unfair treatment
energetic and productive workplace
DC ASSISTANT (Inventory clerck) (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng10 December 2018
I like to meet first thing on Mondays to discuss our priorities for the week, then meet again in the middle of the week to check progress, and once at the end of the week to discuss goal setting for the next week. I meet with smaller groups of my staff in the middle of the week to troubleshoot any issues. For example, during a recent mid-week meeting, I noticed one team was a few days behind on a long-term project. I met with the team and, together, we came up with a strategy for increasing efficiency. I also attend a weekly meeting where I present my department’s progress. On Fridays, I make sure all tasks are completed and I've sent all the necessary communications via email and in person. Finally, I create a list of priorities for next week.
Pros
Lots Of Money Can Be Made
Cons
Loads Of Competition
Fun workplace
CATALOGUE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape20 November 2018
It is a fast past growing company. Great environment.

It is a dynamic crowd where people from different backgrounds and cultures work together to ensure customer remain happy and suppliers smell all the way to the bank.
Productive and Fun Work place
Warehouse Returns Clerk (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Kempton Park1 November 2018
Great working environment
Great team members to work with
Great management
Management very help full
Learning new skills everyday
Nice eating and chilling Area
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
3,0
Productive and fun
DC Assistant (Former Employee) –  Western Cape2 October 2018
A typical day at work would be identifying problems or faults with all tech items from the customers, solving problems and finding solutions, ensuring my work place is clean and there is on work from the day before. I have learnt how to solve problems quickly, factory reset most tech items, customer service, telephone etiquette and how to manage a small team. Management was not so good as the manager did not set a good standard. The workplace was good as staff made you feel like you are family.
Hardest part of the job was evaluating big tech items as they did not have the correct tools to do a proper evaluation. The enjoyable part of the job was the staff who care for each other and always willing to help others.
Pros
Worked in the tech department, close to home
Cons
Job was contact based, management was poor
Bad workplace
Driver (Current Employee) –  Hatfield, Gauteng28 September 2018
It's not a job that you will intend on working for ever, because you will work till you feel you wonna die. They treat people like nothing, there's no level of respect. It's my first month working there but by January am leaving, or if the pay doesn't meat my expectations I will leave on my first my. An aslo you will get fined for things you don't know. Don't come here if you were expecting to see Jesus because you fine the devil .
Pros
Mmmm
Cons
Long hours, you'l be a takealot work slave.
Exciting environment
Retail Analyst - Analytics (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape11 September 2018
Takealot.com is a fast-paced,exciting, and high energy environment.

The management team are fantastic, cross-functional areas work together in a cohesive manner, and put ego's aside so that they can just get the job done.

The culture encourages you to challenge the status quo, and use data and facts to support your views.

Was a privilege to be a part of the Takealot family.
4,0
growing with every challenge and fun pressure
Dispatch Clerk (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng9 September 2018
its a great pleasure to be with this family always plan to leave but new manager come with exciting strategies fun pressure also creative minds boost ye confidence make you see yourself as owner of the company. The growth is there for us who want to see our selves running a big warehouse in years to come. The disadvantage is that you spend more years with no secured future as there are no benefits at all like your provident fund or your medical aid or your 13th check to leave for your family in case something happens.
Pros
growth
Cons
no benefits
general worker (Former Employee) –  Kempton Park, Gauteng6 August 2018
It was a nice experience to be part of Takealot team. I have learnt alot considering logistical aspects of the company. I would like to get experience concerning logistics due the degree i am currently doing.
Pros
Good Working hours
Nothing much
delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Kenilworth, Western Cape26 July 2018
It a nice company were you can you work on you time ,and earn a good living ,but it has no medical aid ,and it a job you real don't have to do for the rest of you life
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Work in you convinent time
picker/packer (Former Employee) –  Kempton Park, Gauteng21 June 2018
It's an easy job to do on a daily basis ,working with a group of people nd it was good.it's an excising job as well funny to do it ,I really love it..
Pros
Cons
12 hours