Teach Me 2

Teach Me 2 Employee Reviews

Teach Me 2 Tutor experience
I have been working with Teach Me 2 for over 3 years as a tutor and I would say the experience has been nothing short of amazing. The handling of tutorial jobs from start to finish is just seamless. They do all the hard work in the background while I just focus on making sure the learner gets the required level of support. I am happy to be part of such an awesome family and have no plans of assisting students with any other tutoring company. Keep up the great work Teach Me 2!
5,0
Great for extra income for students
I have been a turor with tm2 while I was studying and even now as I'm working as a way to earn extra income and it has been great so far although their hourly rates for lessons aren't hight but they are great at placement and very professional. I have had no issues with my pay and them since I started in 2016
Epic work vibe!
Everyone in the team is absolutely friendly. The managers are super understanding and are always prepared to adapt your work hours to accommodate your personal needs.
Stunning first job opportunity
A typical day at work - depending on the season (for it being a school and university tutoring company its seasons wax and wane) - is a buzz of busyness. Phones ring, emails ping, and chatter is all around.

One develops their Customer Voice for phone calls. This experience, quite apart from thickening one's skin against the attacks from the genus Clientus, allows for one to effectively dismiss personal acquaintances when they are annoying.

The office plants are mostly plastic, but, quite like my botanical gift to my ex on Valentine's Day; "Plastic flowers are actually a really, really thoughtful gift, because they last longer!" They do save time on watering - compared to real plans - and tears when they inevitably expire.

One finds it impossible to be apprehensive of company culture, because, personally, it is very hard to be apprehensive of coffee, cake, or doughnuts. The theme and dress-up days can become a little Soviet
Pros
teach me 2, how do I love thee? THe experience, training, opportunities, tech administration system, company culture and colleagues
Cons
A sometimes repetitive, millennial, underenumerated job, with limited perimeters for leave-taking, and, due to it's cross section of society, completely unlimited in the curious and exasperating customers encountered
Collaborative Team Atmosphere
I love working for Teach Me 2 because I get to impact what I do and the way I do it. I get to work with other like-minded people who also want to make a difference to South African education.
Pros
They care about people, The office is full of plants, They are constantly adapting, They have a nap room, The staff are amazing
Cons
They're growing quickly so there are the usual challenges that come with an expanding team, but they do their best to hear concerns and adapt.
5,0
Its a community where learners and tutors are champions.
Working with TM2 has been a fulfilling experience. I have come to discover that effective and rewarding teaching is a one - to - one relationship where the teacher has the opportunity to create champions than in a classroom environment.
The management team has been doing great job in creating a space for lovers of knowledge to strive Learners grade and enthusiasm has significantly improve.

The management team needs to do more in helping tutors find out exact reasons tutoring positions are refused by clients, the always reason given does not seem convincing and will not help the tutor improve nor the well being of the company.

Long live TM2,

God bless TM2.
Pros
Fulfilling, as i get to know and help learners at specific points of need.
Cons
Motivation, becomes very poor with one and always reason for teaching position refusals, leaving a hopeless future for the tutor.
enjoyable
First thing first, tutoring is a non boring job. I travel to clients who have booked for lesson, that`s the typical work is only for 1 to 3 hrs a day which is not exhausting at all.
Excellent
I've picked up many skills doing what I love with this company. The culture is very friendly and homely and it is really a pleasure to work for this company.
Very Flexible and Fun
Since I've worked at TM2, I've been able to harness desire to give back to the youth, especially those in school. I've learnt to assist the privileged and underprivileged.
Pros
Manage Payments from customers
Cons
Private Tutoring Jobs are few
2,0
Learning environment
The environment was geared towards learning however the remuneration was not that great. Although the company was growing rapidly sadly the salary remained stagnant.
Pros
Personal development is encouraged
Cons
Poor career prospects
Support tutors well
Teach me 2 has an accessible and communicative support system for tutors. the lesson schedule helps to create working goals for pupils and learners are willing and able.
Pros
Flexible hours
Great for extra income
Started working for TM2 while studying. Great additional income and good support from the tuition managers. Never had issues with payments and always had friendly service if any problems came up.
Pros
Clients are delivered to you, all you have to do is apply for job
Cons
Travelling between clients can become hectic
5,0
Challenging and rewarding place to work
Teach Me 2 has given me the freedom of a flexible working schedule and more time spent with my family. The management team are very hands-on and all you to grow your skills and listen to any new ideas you have to make the company better.
Pros
Flexible working schedule
Perfect for students
Working as a tutor has been perfect for my university schedule.
The best part about the job is its flexibility and the ability to help people learn in a way that makes sense to them.
5,0
Effective tutoring service that allows you to work in your own time
Teach Me 2 is a professional service that allows you to take on work as you see fit. A great way to use your skills to earn some extra money in your free time.
Very Productive and Communicative Workplace
I was doing Part time job so I did tutorials very good and my learners were very questioning and even made me learn things new while I am teaching, that is what i enjoyed most about this work.
5,0
Excellent management and online administration
Teach Me 2 is the best tutoring agency in Cape Town. I have never had a Teach Me 2 client cancel a lesson just before the lesson was due to start, or upon arrival (this is common with other companies). Their management is so good at communicating with clients, that you will not have to worry about how you are getting paid, or when your lessons are scheduled for. Their online system that manages all the advertising, lesson feedback, payment history, tutor ratings and history, and job opportunities is first class. In comparison to BrightSparkz, this system works better (with the exception of logging lessons online, BrightSparkz does everthing by e-mail). It is also automated with SMS notifications so that you can apply for jobs and communicate with your lesson manager via SMS. The system of feedback to clients is reasonable and easy. You will only have to submit one feedback form per month (and even then, if you do not have much to say and do not submit it, they do not hold back on your renumeration) but this is a good practice anyway to keep track of what has been done in the lessons.

The main area that Teach Me 2 can improve on is with providing tutor training. When I started out as a tutor, I had little experience with tutoring - only good academics. Tutoring is more than knowing how to do well in an exam. None of the other tutoring agencies do this, but it would really be a good addition to the services that Teach Me 2 currently offers. Secondly, I found it difficult to actually get a job for the first two years after signing up as a tutor (that is why I used BrightSparkz
 - more...
Pros
Ease of payments and lesson scheduling; professional service
Cons
Little opportunity for jobs
5,0
Awesome and work at your own space and pace
I would give tutoring sessions to children who's parents believe that with my assistance they can achieve those marks, and not only does this provide a challenge by pushes me try work to better myself and achieve this goal because in the end, not only would I have touched another person's life but given them the belief that they are smarter than the marks they are currently getting.
The management is always on point and great at their work, highly organised and highly friendly.

The hardest part of this job is making the child believe that they can do it as most of the time we are contacted after the test or exam results and the student is dismayed

The most enjoyable part is achieving the desired marks and having the parent thank you for it
Pros
annual workshops
Cons
long distance travel
Great experience
I had to deliver lessons to the children for the amount of time paid for - usually an hour a week. This was an amazing experience for me because I absolutely love children and I love teaching them. Working for Teach me 2 allowed me the opportunity to meet many wonderful people as well as teach the children and help them excel. Throughout my experience I have learnt that children become very despondent when they do not understand what is being taught at school and that they will not willing say that they have a problem understanding the course work. Tutoring has helped me help these children become a tad more positive about their school work and how important it is to ask questions.

The Teach me 2 management team was excellent to say the least. They were very helpful and supportive and always on point.

The hardest part of the job was planning fun lessons to keep and maintain the children's attention during the lesson. The most enjoyable part was teaching them and seeing their faces light up when they understood something or got high marks for a test.
Pros
Good part-time job
well established company
nice and organised tutoring
working for that company is a good experience for me in terms of communication with people (students) and understamding of my work
Pros
good communication