Telkom SA Limited Employee Reviews

1,0
the environment is not fun at all
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng12 August 2019
The is always threat of retrenchment and the offices are not echo friendly as the health and safety of employees is not considered..
The is no career growth and development.
5,0
Productive and fun working place
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Bellville, Western Cape3 August 2019
Good call centre vibes, efficient management system, lack of communication between department and lack of job security, however best salaries and benefits.
Pros
Rewards
Cons
Normal working hours
2,0
Very slow interms of future growth
Ops Specialist:RNE Planning (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape1 August 2019
They have wrong people in management who are against the new ideas and not willing to change. They do not offer positions based on qualifications. They offer you a bursary to study but when you done, no position granted.
Professional work space
Operational Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Centurion Pretoria9 July 2019
Normal 7am to 4pm working times
Good given leave days (any leave)
Office bound
Open space working environment
Traditional break times
No able to work from home
Pros
Free coffie and tea machines at the pause areas
Cons
Traditional working hours and one will bumb in traffic.
3,0
productive and slave trade for the worker for gain sharing of all the managers
Cable tech TO VUKA ENTERPRISES, MERIDAN TRADING (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal20 June 2019
I have worked in this company for 29 tears on a on & off basis weather it be in Durban or Johannessburg, Swaziland,i have always enjoyed hard work to be proud of it.In my opionion the distant difference was the greed the managers used as tools o thier trade complete the job in the most rediculous time space,every manager racing for gain sharing bonus.Us louts got peanuts.I resigned the service in 2009 for a political reason which invovled my family and the degnitries of London had to arrive in S.A to recify the situation..Telkom had no compassion on helping the situatiion and gladly eccepted my resignation after years o years of dedication..
Pros
only get food on long long fixed wire breakdowns
Cons
cant leave the job till ur job is complete.
5,0
Network Controller (Permanent position) (Former Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng16 June 2019
Monitoring of clients WAN and logging calls and then interact hourly with clients updating them on fault progress until we clear all resolved faults either via email or phone call.
Pros
Team building
Fun but stressfull
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape6 June 2019
I really enjoyed working for Telkom direct but when it came to commission its always 1 excuse after the other.

Also the work we put in should reflect on our salaries
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Lack of communication and commission
5,0
This was certainly the best job I ever had!
Consultant: Legal Services (North Eastern Region) (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng6 June 2019
I just loved working in a corporate environment. Management at Telkom was very much focused on developing staff, providing training opportunities and creating a balanced work culture with good values and ethics. I excelled fairly quickly through the ranks. The more senior my position got, the more flexibility I had. Everything I know about corporate legal services, I learned from my managers and Telkom. My colleagues became good friends and I still have contact with most of them today. Some days the workload was quite hectic, but one could always count on a colleague or manager to assist with lightening it.
Pros
Training and development, flexibility
Cons
Sometimes I had to work long hours, but I would do so again in a heartbeat
3,0
A great worth of experience
Access Planner (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal5 June 2019
There was lots of scope for new knowledge in my job at Telkom. However, there was very few opportunities to grow into better positions in the company. This meant that one would have lots of knowledge but no opportunity to progress. Management was of a corporate mindset and you were expected to do things, even if it was not sensible. I gained a lot of knowledge in the office and in the field whilst in the employ of Telkom
Pros
good benefits
Cons
unable to climb up the work ladder
productive work place
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Ballito, KwaZulu-Natal16 May 2019
typical day was dealing with customers from all walks of life. This position enabled me to deal with irate and disgruntled customers in a diplomatic way in return which resulted with both a satisfied customer and employer. Also assisted in teaching me about getting the different departments within the company eg. technical, planning etc to work together effectively and efficiently to ensure that the customer is satisfied.
management had its interesting and not so interesting times but this enabled me to think out of the box to find solutions.
workplace culture was the best when we all learnt that there was no I in team.
the hardest part was leaving my customers when I left the company due to the bonds that were created over the years.
job advancement was not readily made available.
Pros
my customers and bonds that were created
Cons
no job advancements
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal9 May 2019
It was so much fun working with different people helping you understand the world better because of different kinds of attitudes.
Management team was quiet fair enough.
Everyone was treated equally.
Hardest part of the job was getting angry clients.
Most enjoyable was getting incentives and rewards from the company.
Pros
Free Lunches and Breakfast
Cons
Overtime
3,0
Productive and fun working environment
Operational Specialist Tier1 (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape8 May 2019
The company made working for them pleasure.
Even with no benefits but they valued employees and their views.

They also worked on shift based system.

Only issue was there was no job security as we were on a contract based terms.
Pros
Working Environment
Cons
No job security
5,0
Fun once you’ve settled in
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal3 May 2019
There’s always new information & new systems to familiarize yourself with.l,which makes everything interesting. Another thing, is if you’re hard working you do get some form of recognition.
Pros
More learning and understanding about the technical side of things and systems
Cons
Not enough over time
Fun workplace and productive
Technical Officer (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape28 April 2019
A day typical day at telkom was usually hectic with undated work,what iv'e learned is how to cooperate with colleagues and clients,management was supportive and workplace was conducive. The hardest part of the job was leaving the client with no service due to matters that i beyond your control(example due to cable theft)but the most fulfilling and enjoyable part is the opposite that is providing service leaving the client happy.
Pros
Growing
Productive and fun workplace
Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape24 April 2019
1.Put aside the time and be strict about protecting it.
2.Try to find a subject that's good for work, and good for you.
3.Set yourself a goal.
4.Make yourself accountable.
5.Share what you've learnt
Supprort
Technical Officer (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape15 April 2019
Daily work I enjoy, working on the infrastacture and updgrading network making it easy for the telecommunication environment to be access easy for communication and suspport.
Pros
own Lunch
Cons
Weekends
5,0
Productive and fun place to work
Sourcing Consultant (Operation Specialist) (Former Employee) –  Gauteng, Gauteng12 April 2019
Identify cost savings projects within the categories to contribute to the value delivery targets.Source the right product and service of the right quality at the price, at the time from the most suitable source of supply in accordance with procurement policies and procedures. To ensure Procurement synergies are identified and achieved. Execute projects within agreed timelines the project planning and execution
Identify and analyze need
Pros
employee of the month
Cons
working long hours
productive
CALL CENTRE BILLING AGENT (Former Employee) –  accounts9 April 2019
- all Administration
- Account enquiries – dealing with clients calling in call centre regarding there accounts
processing debtors
- Directing calls to relevant departments
- Emailing of invoices
Pros
nice people
Cons
long distance
good place to start
Social Media Support Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape3 April 2019
Being a large organisation there is many things to learn and grow your knowledge base. It is a fun place to work with many amazing people. Dealing with constant complaints can be draining but at the same time when resolving the customers issue it is rewarding.
Pros
Medical Aid
Productive and fun
Field Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, Free State28 March 2019
It was a great experience to travel all over the country knowing different cultures and learning different languages, also helping people with professional requirements
Pros
Not really
Cons
Exceptional

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Telkom SA Limited. Our community is ready to answer.

3,8Work/Life Balance