Ten Group Employee Reviews

1,0
I wish I never took this job
Lifestyle Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NY13 May 2019
I want to clearly state that I hope this review is anonymous. I was so excited to work here and the training class made me me even more excited. Even though the training taught me very little about how todo my job. Upper management is great but if you don't work in San Francisco you have no access to them. New York office middle management run their office like it was a high school. If you suck up they will give you less briefs so they can keep you around however if you just do your job and aren't part of the clique they will make sure that you receive so many briefs that it's almost impossible to hit your goals.Also the party culture can be toxic. When employees don't show for work because they are hung over that makes your work load more stressful. Managers never take escalated calls and leave you responsible for not getting in touch with them. Every good manager who was supportive and caring has either been let go or quit because of the absolute unprofessional behavior. The best way to succeed is to be an average employee and keep your mouth shut.
Pros
benefits eventually
Cons
see review
4,0
Fast-Pace and fun work environment
Operations Manager/North America (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA8 January 2019
This is not your typical boring 8 hours shift, it is fun, fast and energetic environment. Always busy so your time will fly .You will be supported by everyone around you and you will learn a lot.The best thing is: you will have the chance to grow!
Pros
company's parties, treats, fixable schedules, supportive management, good healthcare
Cons
No 401K match
Lifestyle Manager Jr (Former Employee) –  SAO PAULO, BR7 January 2019
Management staff and coworkers in all areas hired together can build a strong and close relationship, which can contribute for a healthy and profitable workplace.
Pros
Build a strong relationship with the team
Cons
Lack of respect from some coworkers
Good for your career
Lead/Senior DevOps Engineer (Former Employee) –  London31 October 2018
For me working at Ten was a big step-up in my career, but the management and the constantly changing deadlines made it very hard to work there.
There is no overtime pay, no flexibility, but plenty of overtime...
The funny thing is, you get paid for 40 hours of work, but you work 60-70, so you don't get paid for 20-30 hours... You get ill, and miss a day, guess what? They deduct it from your salary, even if you work during the weekend to make up for that time.
Pros
Career advancement, the technical team is full of awesome people
Cons
No healthcare, no overtime pay - but plenty of overtime, no flexibility, etc
Amazing
DevOps Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 June 2018
Business, As Usual, solving DevOps issues as they occur daily in AWS cloud computing.

Making the business PCI compliant as they deal with customer's credit cards
2,0
Great pay but no job security.
Lifestyle Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV13 January 2018
Terrible training with the trainer lacking actual on the job experience for position. Having a long 2-3 week training and then attempting to work independently confused/ Calling other employees every 5 minutes for 8 hours to get assistance, asking yourself why you even had training
No Job Security-
In my 90 days working for Ten Group
3 people fired without reason
2 quit disliked job/management
Pros
Pay, breaks throughout shift paid.
Cons
Terrible training, no organization, Trainer lack of on the job knowledge for help /no experience.
5,0
Great and very fast growing company
Lead Planner/US Operations (Current Employee) –  remotely11 January 2018
as all companies, if you give your best..you will get their best..as simple as this..i started as LifeStyle manager and within 2 years i became Operations Manager,stressful ( as every job ) but the management does every possible effort to accommodate your requests and situation.

Ten is good company if you are looking to grow, learn new skills and develop your experience .
Pros
flexible schedules, supporting management
Cons
no 401 matching
5,0
Inovação e experiência no mercado de luxo internacional
Partnership Manager South America (Former Employee) –  São Paulo, SP10 January 2018
A Ten Group me deu a oportunidade de expandir meus conhecimentos internacionais, e inclusive de me alocar temporariamente em alguns dos escritórios de fora do país (em Miami, Nova Iorque, e São Francisco). As oportunidades de aprendizado e desenvolvimento são infinitas, e o ambiente de trabalho é amigável e possui um ótimo clima.
5,0
Fast Paced, Exciting, and Challenging Work!
Head of Learning and Development (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA31 August 2017
I have been at Ten for more than 7 years and have had the opportunity to live and work in several offices across the globe as we have grown and expanded.

The people at Ten is what makes the company such a great place to work. In all my career I have yet to find a company so focused on hiring passionate people who I am proud to work with.

Ten is a rapidly growing company and operates in a fast paced environment. Change is constant and if you like a challenge there is no shortage of opportunities for development.

It's not always an easy ride but if you like problem-solving and are the kind of person who takes initiative when faced with difficult situations, this might be the place for you. Opportunites for growth are endless for those who put in the effort!
Pros
Amazing People; Strong Leadership; Endless Opportunities to Learn and Develop
Cons
Could be too fast paced for some!
Creative
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London5 July 2017
A creative leading industry that you will find it interesting to work in. Always under high pressure and no specific progress in career. Salary is not too bad.
1,0
High turn around / quick to lay off
Lifestyle manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV2 June 2017
This company has a high turn around rate. They will work you to death and not even think about hiring more people in your department. They will have you taking calls on things you have not been trained in then shrug their shoulder when you ask for help.
They laid off so many people due to "structuring the company." Switched them to different departments, then laid them off AGAIN!
Pros
Getting to work 4/10 hour days
Cons
Cleaning after adults, over worked, system constantly shutting down
Buena empresa
Offers & Benefits coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ciudad de México, D. F.27 April 2017
Si te consideras una persona con aptitudes de servicio, ésta es la empresa para ti.
2,0
No motivation and difficult to view a goal
Lm (Former Employee) –  London uk8 February 2017
In my day at Ten it was poor training
What you do most of time is searching at PC
No useful data base ,. Impossible to feel professional
Management skill was poor,
Employee work very hard and many had not enough time for lunch
Yet you were encouraged to do more .

No proper appreciation from management there but only accusation
How possibly get motivation ? example of poor management at site

Appraisal criteria was absurd , not standard out there
Based on it bonus was set so no one get 100% , 50-60% is average

Initial suggestion of salary sounds good but reality is different

Turnover rate is very high without surprise

Staff there is nice that is only good one
Pros
People
Cons
Poor management
5,0
Great people that work with the company
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV1 February 2017
Managment great at least in my department. Its a lot of work but the people are great it like a family. At the time we needed more people to hire because of the accounts we got.
No Goals No leadership
Lifestyle Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV24 December 2016
The management is ridiculously poor and lack clear vision/policies/values of the company, with no or negligible importance given to employee satisfaction.

Work-life balance is discarded from the core and mis-management of human resources prevails, which leads to broken communication and poor results.
Don't Work Here
Travel Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV27 November 2016
This place is the most disorganized and unprofessional place I have ever worked. Bosses promote girls that sleep with them, and they just laid off 14 people. They never signed me up for my health insurance and fired me when I had a health problem. High turnover rate, and horrific training.
5,0
Lots of work but lots of opportunity for promotions
Manager (Current Employee) –  United States25 November 2015
I've only been there a few months and they've already started considering me for promotions. The company is growing so fast that they are creating jobs left and right. There's too much work and the company needs more help to get it more structured. The managers are good people but right now there's more business than the company can handle and there's not a lot of support if you need help. They're hiring like crazy but it's not fast enough. If you can't handle the stress you'll get burned out. Show them that you can take it, show up and do a good job and you'll be developed if you want it. Even though the first few months were hard to get through there are some great co-workers who have been helping through all my questions. The people who work here are the best thing about being here.
Pros
Fantastic co-workers
Cons
Lots of work. 1 person calls out & it's hard on the rest. Need back up for low coverage times.
Career Development
Lifestyle Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco22 October 2015
A great place to get your foot in the door and move up quite fast if you perform well. Great way to learn about Travel, Dining, Theater, Concerts and Sporting events. Everytime I have an issue a manager listens and responds.
Cons
too much work
Haphazard and Broken Management - No employee satisfaction
Lifestyle Manager (Former Employee) –  Mumbai19 April 2015
A typical day at work will be full of fun for those who comes from a creative space. However, the management is haphazard and lack clear vision/policies/values of the company, with no or negligible importance given to employee satisfaction.

Pros
Fixed working hours
Cons
No clear objectives/no security/no growth prospects offered
International Growth Company
Senior Partnership Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA7 April 2015
Ten Group is a continuous learning experience! A typical day includes giving partnership presentations, talking to suppliers, and creating new promotional products.

During my time at Ten Group I have learned how to manage global Fortune 500 partner expectations and supplier relations.

Management has always brought in the big accounts and expanded thoughtfully.

Coworkers are a delight and the company culture reflects attention to hiring smart and upbeat people.

The hardest part of the job is ensuring that all internal and external expectations are met to all stakeholders needs.

The most enjoyable part of the job is speaking to smart, successful individuals in great industries/positions, and creating offers to excite the imaginations of all of the partners.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ten Group. Our community is ready to answer.

3,3