Tenneco Employee Reviews

Found 21 reviews matching the search See all 1 203 reviews
Productive friendly and supportive
DEsigner (Former Employee) –  Engineering department28 November 2019
Great place to work, People are always ready to assist and get the job done.
There are always tools and equipment readily available to get the job done,
Work comes first before issues like time worked or time out.
Pros
flexi time when needed
Cons
Communication under stressful times
Productive and safety
Weld Technician (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth South Africa27 July 2019
I first read a handover from the previous shift.
Then I go around the plant to check if anyone needs assistance.
I have learned to be always be alert as accidents can happen anytime,I have also learned to be patient and calm as collegues sometimes could be not so polite due to personal problems.
Management is always willing to train people who need training and skills.
Hardest part of the job is working shifts as they could change anytime during the week.I enjoy almost everything about my job.
Pros
Trainings and skill developments
Cons
Night shift
2,0
Shortage of parts is a major problem
Production Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Deal Party, Eastern Cape27 June 2019
Management only realise at the end of the month that parts shortages are affecting the monthly target.There is a bad culture of using each other as scapegoats if the monthly target is not reached.
No one wants to account for the shortage of parts.The only thing everybody does best is to shift the blame to another department.
Pros
Free coffee and 14th cheque
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape25 June 2019
I was operating a big machine that wash and dry parts, I was working under pressure there because I was also supplying a line, and line must not stop.
fun workplace
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Eastern Cape9 May 2019
Tenneco is the best company that I wouldn't mind going back to .
I learnt so much from the employees in this company.
the management is excellent.
I never complained about my work because I enjoyed working there , but I had my mistakes that made me not to be there anymore . and I regret every part of my mistakes.
Pros
good salary
Safety and quality always
Quality Control Inspector and oprator (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape19 December 2018
Everything we do by our workplace is done according to the labour act and the management staff is very good. Our company values, safety first and qulaity always
Pros
E wallet for everymonth we reach the target or not
Cons
Shortbreaks
Productive and fun workplace
Operator and forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape28 August 2018
Tenneco is a good working company. It provide u with the necessary trwining for a vacancy u apply for. It gave me good working experience on the production lines and in the logistics and shipping department.
Pros
Free training
productive and fun workplace
forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape5 August 2018
It was a good company where I have meet new people. I have learned alot about the company and experience.I'm a very hardworker and reliable. I can work underpressure.
Pros
over time
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape18 June 2018
It was a great working experince and a very fruit ful learning experince with great management capabilities and great working relations amongst workesrs
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Short breaks
5,0
They gave me skills and experiments.they boosted me.they gave me time to build my future
Maitanace Apreteship (Former Employee) –  Eastern Cape11 April 2018
I am a very down to earth person,responsible,reliable,wiling and eager and enthusiastic in whatever i do.i lkie to learn new things.im a very fast learner,focused,hard worker,problem solver.i like to meet new people.im panctual,always on time.willing to work long hours and on public holidays too.im willing to help anywhere i asked to wok.im a very flexible person.always sober minded.never steal the companies time.im phisically fit and mentally stable.
Pros
I can except a free lunch from the company, but I always bring my own lunch to work
Cons
I'm willing to work long hours, even on public holidays
Loved working here.
MATERIALS CONTROLLER (Former Employee) –  Nelson Mandela Bay, Eastern Cape23 February 2018
I enjoyed working here as my co-workers were friendly and helpful. The work wasn't too stressful and and my salary was good. I hope to work there again in the new future.
Pros
Free lunches
Great Work Enviroment
Maintenance Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape13 November 2017
Cutting edge tooling and automated automotive equipment. Technologist dream when dealing with the closed loop systems and various plc and control logics
2,0
productive
Stores Clerk (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape3 May 2017
good work environment. but i believe there is room for improvement team work plays a big roll especially top management for the plant to improve people are the one who no best for any sagatoins
Pros
free lunch
4,0
good company to work for unfortunately my wife relocating to East london
Production Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape26 December 2016
Management style not so good only chasing the target the last week of the month.Superintendent responsible for the whole department ,safety, quality,costs and priductivity.
Pros
free lunch vouchers
Cons
old lazy peopke
Family culture
Regional Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape29 March 2016
Great teamwork and enjoy all aspects of working day.
Members of management team supportive & results diven.
Most critical daily functions are the ontime sourcing of suitable components at correct price level and negotiation of delivery terms & conditions.
Pros
Various
4,0
Working as a team we are very productive and motivation from management.
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP4 August 2015
I loved Mondays, mostly because the day flies by in a flesh. Once i got my Mondays right, then the rest of the week will be easy for me. I never sound boring, I never give a description of my typical day as typical.
I learn to be detail oriented, even if that's not my normal mode of operation. Communicating with my colleagues or superior always make my next day easy.
To trust my co-workers production at the end of the day is always done.
As we were working as a team, if is there any delays then the final product takes time to be finalized.
Working alongside my colleagues who are fantastic and learning about new ideas.
Pros
Only if we riches target for the month
Cons
Only if we are behind with our production
3,0
Required to focus continuously on the ever fluctuating motor industry.Have to be up to date on all aspect of the supply chain.
Value Stream Planner (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, EC31 March 2014
Demanding and exciting.Always new challenges to overcome.
3,0
its a fun place to work and the production flows because if that.
Repair Welder Operator (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, EC25 November 2013
Everyday is the same, I've learned many things especially operating welding robots. The management is well organised and they are always there to make sure everything is up to the required standard. I have great co workers who are able to assist one another. The hardest part is to keep with the pace to meet the required production target. I enjoy welding.
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
no long hours unless its overtime, normally its 40 hours a week.
5,0
Hands on, analytical, motivated, open minded, adaptable, assertive, passoinate.
Kaizen promotion officer (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth15 October 2012
I enjoy understanding and improve what the team member is doing and what he has problems with. Helping to improve his work, and at the same time improving the PPH/quality/ is a win/ win situation in which i take pride and joy.The team member is the most important resource which need to to managed to the full potential in order ensure that the benefits are reaped to the maximum. Solving the problems and getting added results are the most enjoyable part of the day.
Pros
flexibility
productive
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Port elizabeth - eastern cape4 October 2012
Each and everyday i was looking forward on going to my work place and i have learnt a lot of things on how to weld a part and how to operate machines, the management were doing a great job and i had a good relationship with my co-workers the hardest part of the job was when i started working there but as the time goes i got used to my duties and that was the most enjoyable part of the job