The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Employee Reviews

Found 42 reviews matching the search See all 1 524 reviews
5,0
Worked as a missionary for the church and shared the gosepl of Jesus Christ
Service Missionary (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal14 January 2019
Awesome experience that helped develop the attributes that contribute towards love, integrity and being a faithful father and husband. This mission opened my eyes and my heart to think of others before myself, providing many opportunities for service.
Pros
Loved the people that I served in South Africa
Cons
Mission only lasts for the period of 2 years
warehouse assistant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng22 November 2018
Work in the warehouse - the Church offers a job to its members and none members it is not an organisation its the Lord Kingdom there fore who works for it need to abide by His Principles.

When you apply a focus mind and heart nothing is impossible.

well trained management.

Church Principles and teachings.

When you cheat the Lord's work.

We all know and understand of what the Lord expect of us.
Pros
Spiritual Devotionals veey mornings..
Cons
Do the work till you are done
Missionary work
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape31 October 2018
I was a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day saints. It was probably the most fulfilling experience of my life. I was a volunteer and did not mind that I was not being paid one bit.
Pros
Excellent life skills.
Great people
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng20 October 2018
I served my mission in South Africa where the people that supervised over me were amazing people. They were very kind and understanding, and they helped to fulfill your responsibilities whenever they were able.
Uplifting and motivating
PIANIST (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, KwaZulu-Natal11 October 2018
I played piano on Sunday meetings during sacrament for an hour

I learned to work with people and I learned patience

I was able to manage time

Playing piano was the best and enjoyable thing i would do.it gave me piece and hope
Pros
activities with free meals and funny games
Cons
few hours 3 hours
Amazing Atmosphere to grow in
Ward Record and Finance Clerk (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng8 March 2018
It is by far the most conducive environment I've ever labored in. Every duty gets done because people are focused and determined. There are no politics nor injustices among the people.
Pros
Time freedom
Cons
Short Term Contracts
fun
day Saints - Assistant Administration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bloemfontein, Free State5 March 2018
not a company job as such but it was church based and voluntary work which i did for the church and i gained experience as i was helping do the church books
5,0
A place to learn and grow
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Durban, South Africa27 February 2018
I labored as a missionary for the Church in South Africa. It was an incredible experience and I would recommend anyone to do the same. The experiences that I had helped me to grow and learn in ways I would not have anticipate.

Very rewarding experience. The people were great and I had a good time. The hours were long though.
Pros
Health Insurance. They find living quarters and vehicles.
Cons
They dont pay ransoms, no dating, no kissing, No swimming, No movies, No music
Always good people
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng30 December 2017
you will almost always find good people when you work here. Of coarse everyone has their few bad apples, but for the majority you will never find anyone kinder.
Great place to Mature
Voluntary work (Former Employee) –  Witbank, Mpumalanga10 November 2017
Great place to work at served as voluntary missionary best 2 years of my life everything just works dedicated people with a great culture of helping each other succeed.
5,0
Great place to launch career
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng5 November 2017
The church is a multinational organisation with reach in over 200 countries. The international experience is very good as I leaned best practices from across the world and how to work with and interact with colleagues from various countries. The work you do is directly linked to the grand vision and purpose of the Church. Retired leaders who serve ad volunteers come with varied professional experiences and act as mentors and job coaches
Pros
Great culture and higher purpose
Cons
Long hours and lots of traveling
Great spiritual experience
Missionary Service volunteer (Former Employee) –  Durban South Africa28 September 2017
As a missionary I was dedicated to serving people and did that for 2 years of my Life. Serving the people of Africa was a great honor. Money was not the motivation, the blessing are.
Pros
Great lessons and learning about people
5,0
Great people, work with a purpose behind it.
Real Estate Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, South Africa12 July 2017
Working with good people and being able to appreciate that what you are doing has a direct impact on the lives of the people in communities around you is a great motivating driver.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Bureaucracy
Tough
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Van Reenen, Free State4 July 2017
This was not a job. This was a volunteer mission, that involved drug rehab programs and proselyting. A typical day consisted of waking up and studying for 2 hours then going to work.
workshop
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng26 May 2017
the work am doing now is to call people different country ask if their payed money the got and also we call customers i like culture for the people we work with.i love this job
Great Company
Regional Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Parktown, JHB9 May 2017
The church is one awesome place to work at. They invest time and money in people but don't be fooled, this is one corporate company that requires alot from their staff. The good part about this is that the more you give, the more you are recognized.
Pros
They really invest in people.
5,0
Productive and fun workplace.
PEF Consultant (Former Employee) –  Parktown, Gauteng5 May 2017
Talking to different people on a daily basis, who have different backgrounds but are all striving towards getting better and quality education so that they can be Self-Reliant and be equipped with skills that will ensure they become excellent employees.

The managers are so cool and laid back but run the team on being results driven. The free lunches and snacks for reaching our Team and individual targets was amazing.
Pros
Free Lunches. Good Management. Fun working environment. Short working hours from 8am to 2pm.
Cons
Salary.
5,0
Voluntary work for this organisation
Voluntary Full time Missionary (Former Employee) –  Western Cape, Eastern Cape25 April 2017
The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints has a voluntary clergy and no one who serves within the Church receive remuneration for their services.
Pros
Enlightenment and free family counseling.
3,0
Very productive and fun
Sells Representative (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng10 April 2017
working Here is good though its very much busy.

I work for 6 days a week without a public holiday or weekend and off days. no leaves as well. but I enjoy working and have much mire experience to learn although there is no payment since its a voluntary service for 2 years, I do enjoy.
productive and fun workplace
volunteering (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng25 January 2017
it was a very fun environment,each day was filled with new challenges. i learned how to better work with people,and enjoy every situation with each day.the work place culture was very traditional, and the hardest part about the job knowing that even though you love what you do you wouldn't be paid for it.the most enjoyable part about it was interacting with people from different cultures, and environments
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
no salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Our community is ready to answer.

4,8