The Cotton On Group Employee Reviews

Found 147 reviews matching the search See all 1 098 reviews
5,0
The best company ive every worked for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape5 December 2019
Cotton on is a versatile company that accommodates the youth and early 70s. It is a group that is loyal to its Values and has taught me to always be real with customers and employees.
5,0
cotton on group is the best in everything possible
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, KwaZulu-Natal4 December 2019
Good management good people to work with safety the culture is out of this world I am enjoying myself at work I’m having the greatest team to work with I enjoy everything
Not much
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal25 November 2019
Not much to say but have just started work load is high . You cannot work at cotton on if ur slow paced gotta be active and alive and willing to face life differently it’s not a child’s play
4,0
productive and fun work place
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal11 November 2019
as i'm a hard working person passionate about the things I do, i learned that hard work gives good benefits. the most enjoyable part was to convince customers about the brand of the product.
3,0
Fun work place if you work with the right people
Part Time Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  somerset5 November 2019
It was a fast paced work place as the outlet I worked at was situated at town. Many tourists. Work is fun when you are with the right group of people.
4,0
Anyone wanting to work in an environment where you interact and observe customers each day. This is a great job for you.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape4 November 2019
Cotton on is a vibrant , casual working environment and it’s always evolving. I’ve learnt how to excel in customer service , customer care and team building. The hardest part of the job was the hours. Sometimes you’d work a late into an early and it would be so tiring but I really enjoyed my experience and I’ll gladly work there again. The perks and advantages are amazing !
Fast-paced
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng3 November 2019
It is important to constantly engage with customers, and make sure the floor is looking as presentable as possible. Make sure you are not only physically, but mentally and emotionally fit.
3,0
Productive place to work at
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape28 October 2019
It is a good experience to work at Cotton On. Wonderful people. There is a lot to learn from that industry. Unfortunately, there is no room for growth.
Positive work environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng25 October 2019
Part-time employees' rates are extremely low for the amount of work that is required. The retail industry is extremely demanding and one must be prepared to work long hours. However, Cotton On should do better to pay their employees the money they deserve.
Great clothing store
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape21 October 2019
Cotton on is the new and fresh look. I enjoyed the company due to the fact that they were always up to date with latest fashion and trend. It was always a pleasure coming to work and dealing with clients. The only problem would be that the hourly rate for us as employees was abit shallow but nevertheless enjoyed the time working for them and wouldnt take it back! Great fashion! good prices
fun
Sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal17 October 2019
I worked at cotton on when I was very young it was a very nice and funky environment to be around, we were all very young and got along very well with each other
1,0
Overworked with little pay
Sales assistant(Christmas casual) (Former Employee) –  City of Tshwane, Gauteng10 October 2019
Management does not value stuff and really doesn't reward them as they deserve. There is no guarantee of advancement unless you are a favorite and belong to a certain race group. Staff is not treated nor rewarded equally. No employment benefits for long term stuff. I couldn't wait to finish!
Cutural All-Rounder
Sales Assistant promoted to Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal5 October 2019
An overall roller-coaster of physical and emotional as well as mental molding my character. Upbringing of personal and public values, skills and morals that benefited both myself and the company. Well absorbed and certainly and outstanding experience and also a pleasure to be apart of the Group.
3,0
I would recommend this work place but as for the management am not happy at all, from the regional manager to the department manager.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape3 October 2019
Cotton on is the good company with good benefits but as for the management they make you hate it. They have good benefits such as medical aid but sometimes you can work over time n not get paid for it. That's the store managers fault.
3,0
Need strong set of skills to manage
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape21 September 2019
Great place to work , International Brand, good training on customer service. Fashionable merchandise and consistently good markdowns throughout the year.
As Store Manager you need to have strong set of skills to be successful. The Sales Associates who is wiling and eager to work , this is the right place to work.
Hard work and fun with a winning spirit atmosphere.
You will benefit from the effort you put in.
2,0
Life at the Cotton on group
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape13 September 2019
This company pushes being for the people that’s not true they will work you till you can’t go anymore and still work you more the benefits are not worth the job
Cotton on
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape25 August 2019
Its was amazing, and I've learnt a lot but there is no growth. Too much work for the salary given. Great discount and uniform deals. And the clothes are quality.
Empty promises
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng4 June 2019
Their is no growth, management has a lot of favouritism...You work hard and earn less, unnecessary pressure.Management takes staff for granted while all the rewards goes to them but not the whole team.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Long hours and work load
5,0
Excellent atmosphere. Great place to grow development skills
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  eThekwini, KwaZulu-Natal24 April 2019
Working at cotton on had helped me develope my interaction skills, by doing customer service.
I have learned how to perform sales on a Point Of Sale as well as upsell products.
I have a new knowledge for visual merchandise as i have helped launch the store every month since the beginning of my employment.
I have met the country manager and regional manager a good many times and find them extremely professional at what they do for the company.
Pros
Staff dicount, medical, semi dental
Cons
Growth problems
5,0
i was a cashier at Shoprite i was working with customers
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape31 March 2019
I am committed to my work and i love to work with customers i am a fun person driven when it comes to worker i am a hard worker cotton i will give me an experience that will take me to places
Pros
An hour
Cons
10 to 8

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cotton On Group. Our community is ready to answer.

3,7