The Cotton On Group Employee Reviews

5,0
Excellent atmosphere. Great place to grow development skills
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  eThekwini, KwaZulu-Natal24 April 2019
Working at cotton on had helped me develope my interaction skills, by doing customer service.
I have learned how to perform sales on a Point Of Sale as well as upsell products.
I have a new knowledge for visual merchandise as i have helped launch the store every month since the beginning of my employment.
I have met the country manager and regional manager a good many times and find them extremely professional at what they do for the company.
Pros
Staff dicount, medical, semi dental
Cons
Growth problems
5,0
i was a cashier at Shoprite i was working with customers
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape31 March 2019
I am committed to my work and i love to work with customers i am a fun person driven when it comes to worker i am a hard worker cotton i will give me an experience that will take me to places
Pros
An hour
Cons
10 to 8
3,0
Fun place to work in, but with long hours.
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  Tygervalley Centre, Bellville, Western Cape4 March 2019
Had a great time at Cotton On. It was fun working there, but also tiring. I worked during the festive season and it was always busy and we had to work long hours.
One thing I didn't like though is that they didn't provide staff transport.
And the Assistant Manager had a problem with me for no reason.
Pros
50% staff discount.
Cons
Long hours, not enough pay.
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng16 February 2019
this place taught me a lot within the retail industry. very lively environment and staff members make you feel like you part of a family away from home
great learning environment
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng1 February 2019
A fun place to work and learn how to deal with numerous clients with various clothing needs. Great for first time job seekers who have matriculated and looking for retail experience.
It's a fun environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng26 January 2019
I recently just finished matric and have been looking for a job. I just would like to earn some pocket money as I will be studying as well. I think this helps create good people skills
2,0
Worst place ever
Sales Assistant(ppt) (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng25 January 2019
This company is great to work at if you are a student or someone who doesn't have responsibility or not alot of them as you get paid per hour and they hardly schedule you for alot of days. Also there is no place for growth, people have been in the company for years and there's no sign of promotions or growth if you want to move from sales assistant to a management position. They will use you for their own benefit and not pay you enough. There is no communication and policies are always changing, they're never satisfied with the employees.
Pros
Discounts and uniform deal
Cons
Wages and long hours
Open Culture
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape7 January 2019
I enjoyed what I was doing every single day growth happens very quick in the workplace as we don’t take to long when we see potential at its peak. There is always room for improvement and learning takes place on a daily. The values gets used on a daily and we can always count on management to assist where needed this is a great company
Pros
Medical aid
Cons
Availability
3,0
Cotton on group is a nice enviroment to work for, but however the salary is not reflective for the duties i perform
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg east, gauteng11 December 2018
Working for cotton on group has allowed me to learn alot in the retail field and I have received remarkable training in a short space of time. It is a nice enviroment to work for. There is a lot of aspects and roles that I cover but the salary does not reflect that.
Pros
Unlimited discounts for team members
Cons
Working even on public holidays
5,0
wow wahat can i say ... so fan here we have our own sporting activities lots of fun is happening here
picking supervisor (Current Employee) –  zaneen ,giyani and polokwane6 December 2018
i fun place to be , i would have loved to spend the rest of my working time her but due to some family issues im sadly willing to leave my second home to relocate with my family in zaneen . it is sad but i guess if get the opportunity somewhere will always come say hi to my friends and cotton on family
Pros
of cos free lunch
Cons
normal hours
good experiece
Casual Worker (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg North, Gauteng9 November 2018
Learnt new skills
got to intact with other people
Was very demanding
not very good at respecting day off as asked
learnt the retail world a bit better
work hard, play hard
Merchandise analyst - Typo (Current Employee) –  Rosebank, Gauteng27 October 2018
Cotton On is a informal place to work where you decide how far you get to go in your career, there are an umbrella of brands which means that you are able to share knowledge with like minded people in a different brand and horizontal progression is possible and encouraged. Everyday brings new challenges and problem solving and creative thinking are the rule of thumb.
Pros
Family work balance
Cons
location
fun workplace
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Africa24 October 2018
Good day

Cotton on is a very wonderful company to work for, but since it is in the retail business it does not pay your according to your qualifications but with a fixed amount per hour, one of the reasons i left apart from the scheduling of shifts on days that do not work for me. It has little to no benefits for medical aid and pension fund as well for store assistants, however the opportunity to grow gives one peace within the company.

Regards
Pros
staff discounts
Cons
working on Sundays
2,0
Draining And Exploiting
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng8 October 2018
it is draining working without knowing if you will still have the job or good hours the next coming weeks. The staff is hourly rated and they constantly cut hours to a point where one gets to earn less than they can survive on especially people who rent and catch public transport. The work is always too much as one is expected to play security, sales assistant and cleaner at the same time. there is no growth at all people get to be promoted if they know the right people within the company, one can work for the company more than 3 years without ever being recognized as a capable employee.
Pros
staff purchase and uniform deal
Cons
no recognition, no motivation and exploiting
fun work place
Seasonal sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal30 September 2018
I had a temporary position as a seasonal sales assistant. the remuneration is market competitive.and the general atmosphere is great good ac work for students.
Pros
clothing discounts
workplace
Casual Worker (Former Employee) –  City of Johannesburg, Gauteng25 September 2018
work was always fun. although the hours were long and due to the small shop space of typo it made it hard to breathe as many people visited the store at that time so it did become claustrophobic .
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
4,0
Its a Awesome company to work for...they really do care for their employees. They give you recognition and value you as a person.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  South Africa21 August 2018
Its a great company to work for. They have great values and they care for their employees. They push you to grow. The benefits are a great and they have so much to offer.
Pros
So many benifits
Amazing
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng7 August 2018
Great company to work for. The management team that we have is incredible. The brand manager actually takes time to engage with those who are on the fiend. I was constantly challenged at work which made it fun. The workplace culture was good, the group looked after those who were less privileged. A lot of campaigned we had were to raise funds for charities.
Pros
Always given opportunities
Cons
I cant think of one
Fun Workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stellenbosch, Western Cape2 August 2018
It's a very great place to work for very eccentric and loud people. But it is never about employees and only about figures. No family feeling with the new management.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
Long hours and little pay
Dynamic environment
Manager in training/ 3rd Key-holder (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape1 August 2018
While working for the Cotton On Group, in the Factorie store, I experienced the dynamic qualities of both the specific brand and the company as a whole. The Cotton On Group offers great growth opportunities within in the company and always strives to empower the employees who show potential and are willing to learn.

Higher management always showed an avid interest in the lives and wellbeing of all employees and offered comprehensive benefits because of challenges faced by employees.

The company initiated a fun working environment which motivated employees to do their best; incentives were also given.

The hardest part, initially, was the long hours that store management staff were required to work. But after revision of mall hours the store hours changed and made the task more manageable.

While working for The Cotton On Group I learned that one can truly find management groups who truly care for their employees. I also learned to be more assertive and goal-orientated.
Pros
Clothing deals/discount uniform deals
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cotton On Group. Our community is ready to answer.

3,7