The Cotton On Group

The Cotton On Group Employee Reviews

South Africa169 reviews
versatile work environment
nice uniform for staff
uniform for staff its cool

KPI idea lack competition for staff

Late shift without no transport in peak-season

Wifi for staff not given

environment offers growth
Productive and fun
Very fun and productive, can be challenging and can get a bit too much but you will have a great support system from management and co workers as they are caring
Favouritism
The manager in the Springfield branch likes to favour specific staff that he can get into bed with. There's way to much racism and management makes working there so unbearable if things don't go their way. I would never recommend anyone to work there. Off days don't come easy and as for leave days, highly impossible to take leave. Over worked and never appreciated.
5,0
Overall great experience working at cotton on, financially it provides a relief, the employee discounts are a great incentive.
The Cotton on environment is accommodating to all its candidates, it’s a relaxed, easy going environment to work with but also keeps you on your toes the employee discounts are a great way to help you have enough disposable income remaining to cover your needs. Great team !
Pros
Accommodating, self-growth
Just ok
Just okay long hours and the pay wasn’t that satisfying but overall a chilled environment to work in. Made a lot of friends. It’s just for part time not something I’d want to do full time.
5,0
Casual, fun and required energy since you’re working with different customers everyday
Cotton on is very unique, the people I worked with were full of love and it made it easier for me. We all worked as a team and made sure everything was going accordingly
culture and management
I was employed as a Store Planner for the Property Team. There is a lot of emphasis on team culture, work-life balance and self improvement. I had left there with good memories only.
1,0
The change of management at that time made it difficult to work with.
When I started working for the Cotton On Group, I enjoyed the whole experience until there was change of management, which only cared about numbers than our well being.
productive workplace
A typical day at work would include flat packing, stock taking, racking up, re-pricing, housekeeping and working the till. During the festive season it gets busy and you knock off late
Pros
staff discount
2,0
Very unreliable when you are a Christmas casual
Worst experience when it comes to being a December Christmas Casual sometimes you go a week without being called in to work. Unreliable company. Dont go there thinking you have found a job
Great and fair
You are well treated and fairly treated you are more respected and requested to love and respect your job too working hours are very good and days are also good
3,0
Productive and a fun workplace
Always busy but was always chilled. My co workers made it easy for me to do my job because of how we worked together when handling a task. Most customers were darlings, some were rude and overlooked us.
Competitive and Target Driven
A typical day at work included replenishing stock, customer service, cold calling, meeting daily department targets and store maintenance before the end of each shift.

The workplace culture is amazing and their is team building every morning to motivate employees and improve morale. Management shows empathy, respects their employees concerns and circumstances.

Hardest part of the job was working different shifts each week and meeting daily targets without commission. The most enjoyable part of the job was listening to music all day while working.
5,0
It's a fun and exciting place to work in r
It's a great company that takes care of it's employees and I love the benefits I had , uniform deals, medical aid it changed my life. I wouldn't mind working there again.
Pros
Discounts, medical
Cons
Long hours and no festive bonus
5,0
It was a great experience and a learning curve worth working for
Cotton On is a renowned company that takes care of its employees and customers its been a pleasure working for them and great success is following them
4,0
A place to be
In all companies out there this is one of the companies that take good care of employees.

They not perfect but the well being of employees is always priority
Pros
Good Staff discount, Free Uniform
Cons
Long hours, Not enough hands
5,0
It's a great place for one to work at.
My experience at Cotton On was one that I will never forget. The management and the whole team where a pleasure to work with them. Anyone who wants to work there will enjoy working there.
Fast pace
Working in Typo is very fast pace and demands alot of energy from you. It has been up and down for me. The people I work with are fun and I've learnt quite a bit from them and the company. I've learnt to have a thick skin and that's a little challenging when you are a kind person. There is a lot that made me question their "people first" slogan. But we all have to learn
Na
It was okay,it’s a good company with good values however the top management running South Africa are actually not following the company values.They are completely having their own mandate.
4,0
Great culture
I enjoyed working there a lot, I learnt how to deal with conflict and resolve issues effectively. It was very busy so I had to keep my energies positive.. The hours were varied and the people were welcoming - both of which I enjoyed.
5,0
I enjoyed every moment of working under the cotton on group
It was my first job and the cotton on group made it really amazing for me and within a short period of time I knew how everything is done.... You come across different people in a day and you learn a thing or two from them. I've learnt to be patient when dealing with people, I've learnt that being calm at all times really helps be a if im gonna be worked up it won't work for me
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cotton On Group. Our community is ready to answer.
3,7