The Emirates Group Employee Reviews

Found 6 reviews matching the search See all 1 685 reviews
3,0
It a a very productive work place
office admin (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape2 January 2017
Working at this company takes alot of skill and concentration to fulfil the job. It takes dedication due to some of the flights not coming in on time. Need to always be prepared for a delay. It is a nice environment to work in.
Pros
Free lunch at the lounge.
Cons
Weekend shifts
4,0
Fun and very productive
CUSTOMER SALES AND SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP18 January 2014
Walk in and log in for taking calls and making bookings, correcting bookings, booking accommodation, requesting for visa's. Accommodating customers.
Gained more knowledge of the products that needs to be sold to customers.
Management was good, very liable and very constructive and understanding.
Worked together as a team
Hardest job part was dealing face to face with very angry customers where bookings were cancelled. Ensured customer was well treated and problem resolved.
Playing your role as a reservations agent, giving help and lending a helping hand to the work colleagues.
Pros
Team builings
Cons
No growth structure
4,0
Productive and fun..theres a balance..
Supervisor/Team leader (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP31 May 2013
A typical day at work is assisting different people from different cultures and understanding their needs.. i have learnt alot of leadership qualities whilst on the job. Managemnet and co-workers are like a family to me, and gave me great support. I dont t hink that there is any part of the job thats hard or difficult, you need to have a can do attitude.
Pros
Travel benefits
3,0
Fun working environment
Customer Service and Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg17 May 2013
As a customer service agent, I am based at ticket desk department. I assist direct passengers and tavel agents with travel queries and issuing tickets.

Everyday i learn new things about the product, the system and different people i deal with.

We share knowledge and we work as a team.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with irate passengers or travel agents.

When I get rewarded for my hard working
5,0
When the flight goes overbooked and full with passengers, do the quick adjustment by offloading some of the weight which is needed by the captain.
Cargo Assistance (Former Employee) –  Gauteng -27 August 2012
All the administrating work- I have lent to work under pressure and try to manage the time frame that is been given by the captain or departure control, my co-workers was very good and kind of assisting, the friends that keep on asking to get the help from me, I never experience any hardest part of my Job as i was enjoying with the rest of the team and the most enjoyable part of my job was when the flight become delayed due to over loaded or full with passengers.
Pros
free lunch once we reach the target
Cons
become long hours when the flight is delayed.