The Estée Lauder Companies Employee Reviews

Found 26 reviews matching the search See all 1 683 reviews
Productive and energetic company
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Table Bay, Western Cape2 April 2019
An amazing company. Pushes you to be dedicated and achieve target. Get what you give and allocation of product given quaretely. However, the reps does not necesserily make you feel comfortable and many unkept promises.
Pros
commission and amazing products
Cons
long hours and unappreciatiated
5,0
Great place to work with a good work/life balance
Senior Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  City of Johannesburg, Gauteng15 February 2019
I found the staff friendly and welcoming when I first joined. There was an understanding regarding work/life balance and the culture is one of family and loyalty. I enjoyed my time at Estee Lauder and hope to be employed by them again.
1,0
Productive and fun workplace
Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Gauteng1 February 2019
I'm qualified make-up artist based in Pretoria gauteng,with experience about beauty I offer make-up for any occasions like photoshoot, music video,bridal, baby shower and matric dance
Pros
Free lunches
3,0
great working environment
Corporate Consumer Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Gauteng29 June 2018
I enjoyed my time at Estee Lauder because of the people and the Committees I was part of; such as Inclusion & Diversity, Breast Cancer Awareness and Employment Equity.
The former Managing Director trusted me in my job, she believed in me.
Senior Management let do not micro manage.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
lack of respect by other employees
2,0
Great team to be part of.
Sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape24 May 2018
Excellent training is provided, wonderful perks also. All the brands under their umbrella seem to have a long career with the company as they are well looked after.
Pros
Fair time is given off for family and leave days
Cons
Retail hours
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Gauteng16 April 2018
- typical work day - TOP doors in JHB ( Sandton, Melrose , Rosebank ) MAC COSMETICS
Drive transactions and sales of the entire team to achieve the store sales targets.
Monitor individual performance of each retail Artist and coach them for better performance.
Train the team on customer service, sales techniques and artistry to improve performance.
Monitor commercial KPIs: in store traffic, conversion rate, # of transactions per hour, UPT, AST and productivity.
- BRAND CULTURE - ALL RACES , ALL SEXES , ALL GENDERS

- Work/ life balance is not easy to balance ( 100% committed to my job)
- enjoyed the training attended in : Canada , Lisbon, Uganda
Pros
training samples, MAC products, International travel
5,0
Know products by heard and targets and business by heart
beauty consultant (Former Employee) –  Gauteng19 January 2018
Estee Lauder Company taught me a lot how to handle a business. How to relate with my customers and being a team player. To be on a challenge with your numbers. How to make your customers happy always and come back to what they know and what they love it's called loyalty to them.
Pros
To have events
Cons
To be consulting and recruiting new and old customers
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape30 December 2017
It's important to be target driven and passion for sales .Be prepared to work retail hours and be able to work under pressure.Great benefits of trainings and the perks of using the products
Pros
Commission and allocation, quarterly trainings
Cons
Working contract
Productive, fun, teamwork
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Gauteng30 December 2017
Amazing company to work for. They look after their employees; develop them and allow them freedom. Deadline and target driven. Work as a team and assist all employees. Flexi hours. Opportunities to grow and learn.
Pros
Flexi hours, performance bonus
Cons
Long hours, distance (traffic)
3 Succesful Contracts
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Kyalami, Gauteng27 December 2017
Estee Lauder is a decent family of people. I travelled a lot for my work which involved face to face interaction with employees at counters in EL stores countrywide. I had the longest consecutive contract period for the specific position than any of the other Paracon employees mainly because I completed a large roll-out of new systems.
Pros
Yearly Free Cosmetics
Cons
Extra travelling with my own vehicle
4,0
Working on a big counter
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng20 June 2017
A typical day at work consists of attending daily updates and being informed on important information dealing with the store. Reporting to our counters and looking at daily figures to know how we are standing for the month as well as looking at daily targets.

The most enjoyable part of my job is my customers. When I have a bad day I just focus on my customer giving the best customer service and making them feel like royalty.
Pros
Product allocation
Cons
Retail hours
Hard work, but fun
Receiving and Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kyalami, Gauteng29 May 2017
The most enjoyable part is when we under pressure, that's when you see how we stand together to get the work done. We are a closed knit team and always meet the target and dead line
Pros
Transport
2,0
Good start for someone fresh from school
Fragrance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gauteng, Gauteng25 May 2017
Sell and promote products.
Nothing much, just promoting
No growth
Depends on the retail store they place you
No growth and good remuneration
Selling if you passionate
Pros
Free gifts
Driven and fun
counter manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng16 May 2017
I've worked with them for over 5 years and they are a really fun company to work for, very sales driven,which is why they are number one, however not much growth opportunities.
Pros
Inspiring
Cons
No growth
Enjoyable Evironment
Marketer/sales (Former Employee) –  Tygervalley, Western Cape24 January 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working at La Mer Tygervalley, The product training was superb and the management team was extremely helpful to part time employees.
Pros
Product Gifts
Cons
Retail hours
body spa and adventures
Fragrance Specialist/ makeup artist (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, gauteng17 January 2017
I'm a hard working, creative and cooperating person. I adjust easily and learn faster, I also become dedicated to my job and I always go an extra mile if needed. I'm very good in listening and time punctual. Communication with me is key to everything . I'm active at all times and I serve the best to everyone.
Pros
free makeup products and perfumes
Cons
8hrs
3,0
fun work place
fragrant specialist (Former Employee) –  east rand mall7 January 2017
the good part about working for Estee Lauder is that you get to meet new people everyday, learn something new everyday even though some days you get defficult customers you still enjoy the enviroment because not every person that you help has a bad day.
Pros
only when there's a xmass party
Cons
8hrs per day
5,0
Very encouraging and strong leadership
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg east21 December 2016
I've learned so much from the company and its taught me how to understand and the value of the customer. Very good and respectful company that has been in the field and still achieve more
5,0
Productive and fun working inviroment
Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Gauteng2 December 2016
Working for a world wide company is informative you as a person you grow professionally basically you become a more better person in this company prio
Pros
Trainings
Cons
Target
5,0
Mac was an awesome place to work in.
Retail Make Up Artist for MAC Cosmetics (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng26 September 2016
Typical day included: Make overs, Make up application on clients for parties, Bachelorettes, weddings and photoshoots

lesson was: making sure your client's leave with the right product in their hand. Keep up to date with the latest and current trends in make up and fashion industries

Management were a fun bunch : we were always working management as well as staff.

Hardest part of the job: The hours were long and irregular.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the happiness on clients faces after their transformation
Pros
Environment was a happy one
Cons
long irregular hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Estée Lauder Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

4,1