The Foschini Group

The Foschini Group Employee Reviews

South Africa691 reviews
4,0
A very good company to work for.
You must be very energetic and always adapt to change because almost everything changes often.

Know the goals and your purpose of being there

Very good incentives and benefits

There’s always growth within employees
Average
Stressful work with less reward. During peak season the work is unbearable with lack of support from the rest of the team.

People are more concerned about transfering blame across the team.
Productive and Interactive
Collaborative efforts make and job easier and team work more effective.
Being a technologist, you operate as a service provider and work with different characters(people), so Flexibility is key.
productive
the work experience is very productive and it allows you to grow within the company.It is an honor working for a company that takes care of it's employee at all times. I will always be grateful for being granted the opportunity to work for TFG.
Fast-paced environment
Very stressful, long hours during the festive season which required all shops across the province to work together to ensure that all customers are able to get the merchandise they desire by assisting one another via a system of transferring stock from one shop to another.
4,0
I really like working for this company, I just need a new job with more hours and that’s closer.
Currently, I do not have any problem working at a TFG store. As long as you do what is expected of you there will not be any level of difficulty. This type of work environment is extremely fast-paced and expects of you to work well with others.
customer service
I enjoy inter-acting with different customer everyday and its very challenging. I like the memory that im creating when a customer comes to buy jewellary.
productive working inviroment
diverse , fun and team work driven , all woman team that drives more and more growth to the company . always striving for exellence and bringing more clientale
Patience
It is a very good environment to work under, there's too much pressure though when it comes to targets but all depends on the type of manager you have. I think when you are all treated equally the will be absolutely no problem. I'm against favoritism
Productive work place
a typical day at TFG, each day was challenging, for the pass 5 years I have learnt something new every day.

Management at TFG are the best, they put their employers first
3,0
Good company to work for
Great hard working people. Relaxed yet results driven culture. Work hard play hard culture. But very strict when it it comes to following rules, poor work performance is not tolerated at all. As well as not following company policy these can make or break you.
Something New
I had to try skills of our watch specialist someday wherein i had to minimize a size of a watch. Was challenging but ended up impressive to my customer
Successful retail background
Playing a vital promotional complain by delivering the highest standards of customer service and by getting behind the key offers and promotions in store helping customers to discover the range of products that we offer and responding to customers needs and request
Fun workplace and productive
Fun work place, people are great and helpful to work with, needed a channge something more challenging and decided to take on the next best challenge.
Content
Lovely company to work for but not a lot of opportunities for growth. I personally would like to work for a company that has some sort of growth or have some sort of benefitial opportunity for me to grow and add to my curriculum vitae.
Hectic
It a bit challenging but I'm learning new things everyday and willing to take along with me when I'm leaving the company it also a different culture diversify and meeting new people and learning slot from them.
Overall experience
It was a very fast paced environment where one really needs to be on their toes. There isn’t space for slacking and all. Working hours aren’t really ideal.
1,0
Company is ok but bad management
Its not a great pleasure to work under management that doesn't appreciate your hard work. Being treated as if they doing you a favour but you play a huge impact on thier turnover.
Pros
Good packeges
Cons
2,0
You get at work early so that you can almost do hard labor.
One knocks off late at night night. There is no work/life balance in the company you work during weekends and holidays and the salary does not match the work one does.
4,0
Productive and good working environment
Busy environment with friendly staff and management, room for growth is available depending on your ability to pay attention to detail as it is a fast paced. I enjoyed role rotation which exposed me to a lot and led to my knowledge expansion
2,0
Awesome company
It is a learning platform good room to grow and fascinating inviroment so much things to learn mainly customer service customer journey customer assistance with flair
Pros
Awesome benefits
Cons
Poor staff motivation
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Foschini Group. Our community is ready to answer.
3,8