The Foschini Group Employee Reviews

Fun work place
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng24 May 2019
Meeting different people every day and helping them choose the perfect gift for their loved ones or for themselves was amazing. Great company to work for except for working on holidays and weekends
Benefits
Cons
Retail working hours
Customer orientated
Sales person and manageress (Former Employee) –  Uitenhage, Eastern Cape12 May 2019
Attending to the customer needs. Love dealing with the public.
Meeting new people. Assisting the customer with his purchases.
Customer is the most important person.
Pros
meeting new people
5,0
Productive and fun environment to work in. The company culture is great.
Trainee Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Cape Town2 May 2019
Great Company to work for. Executives are approachable leaders who lead by the business case, they listen to their people and execute ideas that will take the company forward.
Pros
Great Company Culture
Great management
Fashion merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Bloemfontein, Free State12 April 2019
The management was really great, they made everyone feel comfortable and treated everyone with utmost respect.

The work culture and environment is also very great.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Long hours standing on feet
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng9 April 2019
Learnt how to operate a point of sale system. Create accounts for customers. Approaching customers to open funeral benefits and life cover was the part that I enjoyed the most.
yeah
Human resource management Intern (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape6 March 2019
It's been amazing. I have learnt alot at the company. Not only have I gained hr learning and development experience but I also managed to gain experience in hr generalist function.
3,0
Productive and great work ethics
PRODUCT ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Parow, Western Cape23 February 2019
I have grown so much in the little time frame of excelling in each position.

I joined The Foschini Group in 2014 and have been working my way up the corporate ladder since then without looking back. Creativity, diligence and self discipline are key contributing values in my success in such a short space of time.

I believe I have illustrated that change, pressure and stress can be easily managed from my side and will effortlessly adapt or cope with any challenges presented to me in a workplace.
Pros
Accomodates my studies
Cons
None to mention
4,0
We are active in special days of the year making it fun as to participate in activities.
Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  Cape Town20 February 2019
Working for Foschini is fun...there is a little growth but not much and there is no permanency anymore. Its more about achieving your satisfactory target and reaching for incentive if you would like the extra cash.
Exciting and Challenging work
Fashion/Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Witbank, Mpumalanga12 February 2019
Working with Markham, i learned a lot of techniques in dealing with customers, executing prestigious customer service. Greeting customers with smiles, and making sure they left well. Targets were challenging to reach, but when we did we fully felt the encouragement to work harder and receive incentives.
Pros
Cellphone insurance incentives, opening accounts incentives
Cons
Balancing the stress of meeting targets with exceptional customer service
semi productive
CREDIT ADVISOR/DEBT COLLECTOR (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape28 January 2019
Good company but in the department for me personally there was no growth, or either not recognised more of a who you know situation. As an individual you learn a lot but cannot apply what you learnt as there is only a minimum amount of vacancies for such a large company available.
Pros
free lunches if teams did well
Cons
work extra hours for days off no overtime
4,0
at the time was a great corporate company
SENIOR DIVISIONAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  CAPE TOWN, ZA26 January 2019
the company has changed and the culture has changed with it from a great work/life balance to less security in knowing your future. made great friends and traveled significantly.
Fun and exciting workplace
Team Leader Admin and Logistics (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape23 January 2019
It is a wonderful company to work for. There are growth opportunities and employees are groomed for the corporate world.The work environment is flexible for those who want study and further their education.
The business has a perfect work life balance for its employees.
Pros
Work life balance, great benefits
4,0
Productive and fun place. It is also very flexible in terms of working hours
HR Intern (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg East17 January 2019
Productive and fun place. It is also very flexible in terms of working hours. It is a very free environment and the culture is amazing especially in the regional office in Johannesburg
Pros
Flexible hours
was nice environment
Data Capturer (Former Employee) –  Parow, Western Cape16 January 2019
Was a very long time ago, work environment was good and fun. Hours were a bit crazy which included Sundays as well. The job responsibilities weren't very challenging.
Productive, supportive and fun
Payroll Admin (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape4 January 2019
Management are friendly, supportive, approachable and very aware of employee's well being (both professionally and personally).
The environment is relaxing due to management and employee trust.
Pros
Team spirit, culture and most of all trust.
Cons
rare occasions of after hours work.
fun work place
sales associate and admin (Former Employee) –  Bloemfontein, Free State3 January 2019
Typical day would be when you have to receive 50 boxes and have to unpack all.
Learned a lot like taking responsibility and working as a team.
staff parties were the best as you all get to enjoy each others company.
5,0
Productive and fun work place
Floor Manager, Sales & Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng14 December 2018
Great working environment were you are allowed to express yourself through your work, it not just about work but lifestyle. Do your job and all is fruitful
Pros
Place to enhance your skills and self
Cons
The company is great but Leadership style is bad from instore level
4,0
Experience of a life time
Admin Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng29 November 2018
Worked for this group for 8 years, started out as a casual cashier and 8 years later left as admin manager. If i ever go back in to retail then it will be with TFG. I've been in corporate in accounts a few yesrs now and i love my job but i miss that customer service passion i had in retail. The interaction between clients and myself, i really enjoyed my retail days and do miss "my" store Branch FOS 0684. Miss the vibe, the team and the busy times filled with various challenges. The good old days in Foschini....
Pros
Challenging events to solve
Cons
Retail hours back then was hectic but you get worse hours
Productive and fun
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Parow, Western Cape11 November 2018
Working at the Foschini Group was a great experience. I started my computer experience with TFG and the management was great. It was there where I spoke to clients telephonically as well as assisting them with updating there information and there credit.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Being a flexi employee
Open culture
Finance Systems Support Analyst (SAP) (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape8 November 2018
Good company to work for. Very progressive. Flexible working hours is a plus. Leader in the retail industry. Various opportunities available to grow and prosper.