TomTom Employee Reviews

1,0
Technically flawed and deeply unethical culture
Developer (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam18 March 2019
Ever since the company’s market share started going downhill a decade ago or so it has been an absolutely crazy company.

The incessant reorganizations reward people who like political games and thus major architectural decisions are made by the worst people to do so. Combined with always rushing to keep more code being pushed out faster has lead them to have absolutely staggering levels of technical debt.

On top of that management has zero regard for labor laws and will fire aggressively when burn-out is anticipated and employees raising ethical concerns are often no longer with the company three months later.
5,0
Had fun, but no room for me
Intern (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, NH11 February 2019
I worked with a team of project managers working on reports. I was able to collaborate with many talented individuals in a relaxed, but fast paced job environment. It was overall very enjoyable experience to work there. I wish they had openings that I had experience with because Id love to continue on as a full time employee.
4,0
continu in ontwikkeling, dynamisch, heel veel getalenteerde mensen
Senior Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Amsterdam, NL18 December 2018
Ik heb verschillende functies gehad bij TomTom en leer nog steeds heel veel. Er is ruimte voor eigen initiatief en ontwikkeling, maar iedereen moet het zelf doen en zelf structuur aanbrengen. De bedrijfscultuur is prestatiegericht met een positieve inslag. Het leukste is de kwaliteit van de mensen: veel talent uit verschillende landen, allemaal met veel ideeën. De meeste mensen nemen initiatief en hebben veel ambitie. Het moeilijke is dat er veel concurrentie is en het is niet altijd duidelijk waarop management wil focussen.
3,0
Fun for a while until the company imploded
Senior Sales Logistics Administrator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MA10 December 2018
Working for a consumer electronics business was a wonderful growth experience when the company was doing well in the US. However, as we were a Dutch company, we never had a chance against the US competition. No advertising was ever performed to bring us into mainstream America. Senior management promised we would have exposure, but it never came to fruition. As a consequence we imploded, and went from a staff of almost 100 to less than a handful. Redundancy weeded many of us out, and our colleagues in The Netherlands absorbed our responsibilities. Sad.
Pros
Free breakfasts and occasional lunches, parties, location, good benefits
Cons
Lower salaries than local industry, communication
Fun place to Work
Senior NOC Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Pune, India11 September 2018
Good team members to work with along side working with the latest technologies to support there products. Look after there employees very well and participate in group outings
2,0
Ik kan TomTom niet aanbevelen
Senior Software Test Designer (Former Employee) –  Eindhoven Airport27 August 2018
Onsympatiek product & project management, betaalt slecht tov concurrentie. Geldt voor vestiging in Eindhoven. Amsterdam is beter.
environnement agréable
CONSEILLER CLIENT (B2C) (Former Employee) –  محافظة القاهرة1 June 2018
pas trop de pression comme les autres centre d'appel
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam Noord28 May 2018
Good company with good work environment.
Really nice staff and relax areas in the building.
5,0
Open cultuur en goede groei mogelijkheden
Director of Development Operations (Former Employee) –  台北市5 April 2018
Ik heb 12 jaar bij TomTom in Taiwan gewerkt, en de open cultuur en 'can do' houding can de meeste mensen is aantrekkelijk.
TomTom geeft goede mogelijkheden tot zelf ontwikkeling, ik heb veel geleerd over HW en SW Development Management en Agile SW Development (SAFe) in het bijzonder.
Pros
Open en Integere Cultuur en weinig "backstabbers", Goede Learning & Development mogelijkheden
3,0
Dynamisch bedrijf met ondernemende spirit
Manager (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam27 March 2018
TomTom geeft je de mogelijkheid om te leren ondernemen in een multinational!
Buen ambiente
Geographic Sourcing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Santiago de Chile, Región Metropolitana26 March 2018
Buen ambiente laboral. Práctica en hablar inglés..
4,0
Excellent Company to work for with many opportunities to travel.
Mobile Mapping Operator (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NH15 March 2018
A very interesting job with many opportunities for learning.

Position required quick on the job adaptation to changing informatic systems, as well as the ability to perform the duties of the job in a very dynamic work environment.
Pros
Great opportunity to make some serious money if you're willing to put in the hours.
Cons
At the mercy of the weather. Lots of time away from home.
Great company, brilliant workplace
Regional Manager (South England) (Former Employee) –  London20 February 2018
Great culture, all departments are happy to work together. Made it very easy during launches. Everybody was happy to work together to produce the best solution going forwards.
Relaxed & autonomous working environment
Senior Geographic Sourcing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Remote7 February 2018
Working remotely from home required focus & dedication, but planning your personal workload throughout the week was hugely satisfying and enabled you to take charge of your work life balance.
There were times where you felt the isolation, but especially at the start of my career with TomTom there was a lot of support available from the office based staff & particularly the HR department.
Pros
flexible working
Cons
declining support
4,0
Micro management kills the rock stars
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Belgrade, RS5 February 2018
Good place to be, but micro management kills all the engineers with their processes.
A lot of pointless meetings that could lead into void. If you like that, it is a good place for you.
3,0
Mooi bedrijf, maar mist langere termijn strategie
Market intelligence manager (Current Employee) –  Amsterdam8 January 2018
TomTom is een innovatief bedrijf en er werken veel getalenteerde en leuke collega's. Nadeel is dat het soms iets te veel korte termijn georiënteerd is en dat is niet altijd even positief voor de producten en het personeel.
4,0
Leuk bedrijf, sfeer colega's en product
Senior Visual Designer (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam17 December 2017
doorgroeimogelijkheden minimaal, beloning is lager dan de industrie standaard, bereikbaarheid fantastisch en directe colega's zijn leuk!
Pros
Geen
Cons
management
Estupendo ambiente de trabajo
Asistencia técnica (Former Employee) –  Gemeente Amsterdam14 November 2017
Ambiente y condiciones de trabajo estupendos. Muy fácil adaptarse al día a día.
incredible team
Co and Sr Sourcing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NH16 October 2017
I have signed an agreement of confidentiality upon my acceptance of my severance package. I have agreed to not enter into any reviews or publication of any qualities of my employment at TOMTOM.
2,0
Not a great work culture
Product Marketing Manager, North America (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MA10 October 2017
I truly believed in the TomTom products, but there was not a lot of company morale or excitement. Poor leadership from the top down and there really wasn't a culture of learning.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TomTom. Our community is ready to answer.

3,8