Tower Group

Tower Group Employee Reviews

2,0
Impersonal arms length approach to management.
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NY30 April 2019
A culture that creates a philosophy in which - placing blame is as important a finding a remedy. A seat of the pants management style that stymies initiative from some very talented staff.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Meandering mission - lack of clearly defined culture / philosophy.
3,0
Productive and exciting
Senior Business Analyst-Project Management (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJ18 April 2018
The company should have been better monitored as its executive financial decisions seemed to have lead to the unfortunate demise of the company and the necessary acquisition by another company. My time there, however, was a great learning experience in my exposure to UAT,Q&A, IT and business analyst areas.
Pros
Great area to work in, exposure to areas of knowldgeed, the free management style was challenging and exciting.
Cons
Ineffective management from a corporate level
2,0
The Owner is old school and very abusive. Generally, a good place to work when the Owner is not part of the day to day.
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NY17 February 2018
The company provides with the opportunity to be the best I can be, however, there are times that there is limited control of my position. The employees are team players and I have a great support group.
Pros
Flexibilities, Supports family needs.
Cons
No bonus incentives.
4,0
This was a good place to work - good relationship with owner
Accountant Asistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK11 August 2017
This company is no longer in business as the owner has passed away and all of the assets were sold. It was a good place to work for many years and I enjoyed the clients and working there.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No longer in business
5,0
Tower is in liquidation
Assistant Controller - Statutory Accounting (Former Employee) –  New York, NY23 May 2017
Tower is in liquidation. There are a few employees who will be let go within the next 12 months.

No need to answer the other questions. The Company was acquired by AmTrust.
Pros
Great company
Cons
In liquidation
Very fun workplace
Computer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MI8 July 2015
My time at Tower group I really learnes a lot, the co workers along with management was very helpful and resourceful. It was a good work environment and healty habits learned there.
Pros
Good coworkers
fun workplace
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  ENG7 April 2015
My review of this job is that it is a very out going work place with lots of staff which are very welcoming also they are very talkative which I like in people, also I am able to bond with different people which allows me to feel even more comfortable.
5,0
For temp work, this place was great as they didn't mind how long you stayed for.
Finance Associate (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJ30 March 2014
Was only temp. It was a great place to work because they let you temp for as long as you want. Permanent work is not guaranteed, but it is possible if there is an opening.