Transnet

Transnet Employee Reviews

Found 1 096 reviews matching the search See all 1 121 reviews
Good Company to work for
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Germiston22 February 2020
Team work though at times support was questionable. I enjoyed working with different people from different cultures and backround and staff developments key and the in house training was a challenge one has to leave class and sort production problems.
One time did not lime was work politics and ant time it took time to resolve production challenges while solutions are avaulable
Poor management
Safety Official (Former Employee) –  Thabazimbi, Limpopo20 February 2020
Transnet is a fun place to work at but unfortunately the management there is biased and are only promoting close friends and relatives. However i am a go-getter therefore i have hustled hard.
Focus and customer orianted
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape20 February 2020
Productive and fun environment
Learned new techniques of problem solving
Time management is critical to ensure the targets are met
Workplace culture is Safety comes first
Having to wait for requisitions to be released while customer needs the order
I enjoy working with different people
5,0
Its very good company that provides the best i the world
Welder artisan training (Former Employee) –  Bloemfontein, Free State20 February 2020
I have learned a lot working at transnet and i've required more than just skills. I now understand how the production industry works. Iam punctual, disciplined and always mindful of safety . i would recommend it anyone who wants to be best.
Good work environment
Young Professional in Training (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng18 February 2020
It was as a great place to start my career, gained a lot of exposure
Its quite bureaucratic like any other state owned enterprises, so career advancement might be slow.
5,0
The working environment and culture is exceptionally well.
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Western Cape18 February 2020
My role is to ensure reliability of infrastructure to ensure that the trains reaches their destinations safe. Ensure that different assets continue doing their intended functions. Maintenance is being done according maintenance policies and standards. Health and safety of employees and equipment's is of high priority.
3,0
Transnet as organisation is the good company to work for, however, there are still some rot in this organisation
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng18 February 2020
Transnet has got everything good on paper, however the practical part of it leaves much to be desired. The hardest part of my job is when you get leadership that would always want to instill fear and know everything, cannot be told when he/she is at fault.
5,0
Got to learn how to work as a team.I also learned how to maintain the railway lines.
general worker (Former Employee) –  Paulpietersburg, KwaZulu-Natal17 February 2020
I really enjoyed working at this company. I got to experience new things that I’ve never come across before in my life, like how railways lines are replaced. Personally I’d say it was a great learning curve.
4,0
Workplace allows for innovative and creative thinking
HRBP (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal17 February 2020
My job is challenging, and exciting but the environment itself is a big deterrent in achieving my work goals and objective. There is clear set objectives set every financial year and a performance management system is in place to measure performance.
3,0
Overall its a good company
Supervisor ohte (Former Employee) –  Delmas, Mpumalanga16 February 2020
If you work hard you can grow as much as you can. Its vèry strict on rules and safety. They train you for specific positions and projects. You get over time
5,0
The work was completed and I have gained an enough experience.
Inservice training in electrical engineering (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal14 February 2020
Working at Transnet help me to understand my field and the job properly as I was a learner pursuing a national diploma in electrical engineering. I gained more productive experience in each an every work I was giving to do.
I worker as a trainee Electrical Technician
P1/P2 Intern (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng12 February 2020
I worked with the technical team. I learnt how to plan my work. I got to do planned maintenance. I worked on breakdowns. We searched for new technology to upgrade old machinery to improve production. To become a better technician, one needs to be solution orientated.
Excellent
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Nelspruit, Mpumalanga11 February 2020
I worked for two electrical departments respectively overhead and substations as traction linesman,assistant foreman and electrician all fully qualified,my duty was maintenance of overhead electrical equipment and 3kv and 11kv substations and switchgears,lt and ht cables etc...
Controller (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal10 February 2020
Transnet teaches their employees how important their clients are ,punctuality,maintanance and always keep records also to worksafe as there are working with dangerous product that can cause fire,spillages so it very important to work under standard operations procedures
Nice working enviroment
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Tembisa, Gauteng7 February 2020
Good environment even the management are friendly ,i have all strategies on how to overcome the situation and clients complaints, thats a good company i can recommend people to work for it
5,0
Each day is different from the other. I learned to put safety first in every task I had to perform. I learned about team work and unity.
Fitter (Former Employee) –  Richards Bay, KwaZulu-Natal6 February 2020
Working for this company was quiet interesting and part of the learning curve at the same time because you face new challenges everyday. The company gives employees an opportunity to grow
Pros
The company prioritise safety and the well being of the employees.
Cons
The employees pay no passion on their duties
5,0
This was a very good experience for me
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal4 February 2020
I had a very good time at Transnet the way they treat their employees. Timekeeping is most important thing they need from employee and the taught us a lit about safety at work
5,0
Fun good for men makes you always fit
general worker (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal3 February 2020
Working Monday to Friday
Good time we started 7am to 4
If you finished early you can go
You don't work Holidays if do so that's overtime
Bonus every 6 months
If no one injured your team have a braai
It was fun
5,0
I believe the company is very accommodating and very easy to adapt to
operator (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng31 January 2020
I learned that any job that's they taught me there it can be done if you dedicate yourself to it. Anything is possible and if you come up to such challenge you've got to own up to it and face those challenges. I was really working with a positive minded team and we delivered every job in the actual time frame given. It was nice working with that team. Very relaxed working culture.
1,0
Unhealthy working environment
Young professional in training (Former Employee) –  Gauteng25 January 2020
I wouldn't recommend Transnet to anyone, I was overworked, exploited and underpaid. The environment is power/status driven. No fair labor practices, policies are there and not followed, too much bullying and harassment. HR is very useless and so is management, the company does not recognize hardwork.
Pros
Cons
Exploiting young professionals in training