Trudon Employee Reviews

2,0
A company that has fallen
Multi Platform Key accounts Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng5 May 2019
Trudon used to be a great company to work for. Now that printed media is outdated ridiculous targets are set and the company has no clear future. The pressure is immense and management keeps threatening staff.
Cons
a very negative environment with no job security.
fun workplace
Advertising Consultant (Former Employee) –  Eastern Cape5 September 2018
the company has a great working environment which allows teams to work successfully and the management team is hands on and supportive. branch level manager
5,0
Productive and fun work place
Premise Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape2 April 2018
They do so much for SME companies. Giving them opportunities to grow their businesses by advertising they reach so many people. They were the leaders in their industry
Pros
Incentive trips, traveling
Cons
It's harder to convince people as people remember them by the telephone books
fun place to work
Sales Secretary (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng25 August 2017
my day starts with preparing the documents for the regional sales managers meeting. checking reps calendars. pulling call reports. assisting hr set up interviews. attending meetings and taking minutes. compiling of weekly reports. ordering stationery. making sure printers function properly. handing out stationery.

time management is very important. culture is so up beat and enjoyable. sitting in long meetings at times is the hardest part of my job.

i enjoy most is to serve and assist people with a smile
Pros
getting to leave work early
Cons
workload is alot for one day
Driven in Sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  East Rand, Gauteng5 May 2017
You are based in the field at all times. Need to be self driven, self motivated. Looking for new clients and upsell to existing clients all the time. Manage yourself and you wont be managed. Trudon is a very innovative and up to date company. The most enjoyable part of the Job is that reap your reward in commissions.
Pros
Huge commission potential
1,0
It was a contract
Driver (Former Employee) –  Gauteng12 October 2016
It was only a contract to deliver Telkom directories to businesses and residential. To make sure every residual receive the directory and register new business
Pros
Get paid per directory
Cons
For a person to get good payment you have to work hard
workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bloemfontein, Free State3 October 2016
Trudon's the publishers of the Telephone book. We're responsible for the free State and Northern Cape Telephone book

I'm hardworking and always willing to help where i can. can work in a team or alone! I
Pros
...
Cons
....
4,0
fun environment with a dedicated and hardworking team
Ecommerce Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng21 June 2016
So my typical day goes more or less like this

- First and foremost my cup of coffee please...
- Check emails and jot down what I need to do for the day and email - my workload to the team.
- Get started with work and simultaneously attend to client quiries
- Attend weekly status meetings and give feedback on progress and report on any issues encountered.

My communication skills improved immensely in this position and being in such a deadline driven environment helped with time management and setting realistic goals.

My manager had an open door policy which made adjusting to the new environment a lot easier especially on those first days, he was always willing to help and encouraged his surbodinates to always work efficiently.

I absolutely loved my co-workers!!! A young and vibrant bunch.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with unhappy clients and the most enjoyable part was that there fair balance between life and work , the workload was manageable.
Pros
Knocking off at 2pm on Fridays
Cons
Duties not clearly defined, causing conflict amongst employees
Graduate Trainee (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng6 May 2016
Trudon is a good environment to work in, I have learned a lot in the business intelligence department, I have learned how companies create reports. What i enjoy mostly is the part where we have to do research and analyze information.
4,0
Very interesting, educating and lots of fun to work for.
Graphic designer (Former Employee) –  Bruma, GP31 January 2016
Leading a team of graphic designers responsible for the production of adverts appearing on the yellow pages website.
Management skill, Leadership skills and Chairing of desciplinary hearings.
Good management and leadership
Good and hard working team.
Hard part of the job was when the system became unreliable
Most enjoyable part of the job was to hear or receive compliments from happy customers, both internal and external
Pros
Very interesting, educating and lots of fun to work for.
Cons
unreliable systems
Fun and active
ADVERTISING CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  East London, EC21 January 2016
Reach daily target of clue's per day, reach required budget for renewals and up sell of existing clients, maintain budget line regarding revenue, minimize controlable loss, ensure renewals for print and electronic products are to be maintained, create and send off artwork to head office, ensure artwork received a work ability report, ensure rejections are dealt with in a three day turn around frame
Pros
Great management, charity work, commission, medical aid contribution and pension
Cons
Internal positions made redundate in certain provinces
3,0
Friendly environment and people, but not satisfied with the salary.
Graphic Artist (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP25 May 2015
The typical day at work is cool, friendly and fun. There's many of us and we all come from different backgrounds. I have learned that we all mind our own businesses and everyone comes to do what he/she has to do. I have also learned that we all go through ups and downs, but it is important to always smile and be friendly to your colleagues.

The management is bad. Sometimes our salary payments would not be ready at the time thy supposed to be. Most of the time we would come to work and sit with nothing to do, simply because there are no jobs available. And then there is a period where we experience backlog.

My co-workers are friendly people but others are not. Most of them are good people though.

I work as a contract worker and I get paid per product. The hardest part of the job is when you create a website and they keep rejecting it back to you for changes. At that particular moment you will not get paid for those changes that you make.

The most enjoyable part is when there's enough jobs to do. That is because you know you will earn something satisfying.
Pros
They allow us, yhe contract workers, to take day-offs anytime if we want to as long as we do something productive.
Cons
Lack of jobs to do, meaning less payment.
Happy and Friendly working enviroment
Sales Executive/Representative (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP28 February 2015
Trudon is great company.Main focus is on print advertising.They are publishers of the Telkom Telephone Directories ie White and Yellow pages.The company has now ventured into online advertising,by developing their own website ie www.yellowpages.co.za.But my personal opinion,and based on my experience at this company,is that they are on a decline,print advertising is on a decline.
Pros
Value their Staff
Cons
No real growth opportunities at Trudon
Fun
Delivery driver Code 08 (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, WC30 August 2014
Busy and hectic most of the times as we had a strict schedule. And had to pay attention on what I was doing in order to prevent unnecessary mistake.
Pros
Free lunches
3,0
working in trudon has taught me to be responsible and to appreciate every aspect in my life
distribution consultant (Former Employee) –  Bruma, GP9 July 2014
my typical day at work would be coming in and doing every task given to me at the best of my ability.i have learnt alot of things in trudon since it is the first company i have ever worked for. every skill and aspect needed in the corporate world i have gained from them. i have learnt to be reasonable in the workplace and outside of it. i work in a very diverse environment. iv learnt to appreciate different cultures and beliefs. i worked very well with my colleagues, i believe to be a good team player. the hardest part of the job was always living under the fear that i would loose my job since i am working temporary.i would say being part of the trudon family has always been the greatest highlight
Pros
a "well done" from my boss was always enough and accepted with a smile
Cons
having to work overtime to meet deadlines
Trudon
Asset Administrator (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP9 April 2014
I would like to thank Trudon for the oppertunity to work for their company, I found it to be a comfortable easy friendly enviroment to fit into to, the diversity in the company is magnifying and diverse, I found most of the people easy and friendly and helpful, Management is visible and direct on how they would like things done, it made daily tasks easier and targets obtainable, communication channels need work and solutions, but besides that it was a all round pleasurable experience, I learned more and some and could now add more to my work experience.
Pros
Values and productivity are key roles
Cons
slight lack of comminication
tough rewarding
Meda Advertising Consultant (Current Employee) –  Durban, ZN14 January 2014
Times are tough nowadays in the economy and especially in marketing/advertising.
our targets were always rising almost exponentially, so it was always tough to keep up and exceed targets. management starting to get unreasonable but I love what I do and I just get down and do what I need to do. the rewards can be great financially, with also a sense of team achievement.
Pros
making money
Cons
always pressure to work every night at home
Productivity & a good,healthy vibe
Advertising Consultant/Rep (Current Employee) –  Cape Town20 November 2012
Start work @ 8hoo.Check my e-mails & do adming until 9hoo. From 9h00 i start calling for new business & existing clients. Then I go see my appointments for the day. Then get back to office at about 15h00 to do a admin,fliter new leads & do a hand in for the day.
Pros
build strong relationships with my clients
Cons
to much admin work for the day.