Truworths Employee Reviews

5,0
Great company to work at
Administrative Manager (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal22 May 2019
Great management like family. External factors influenced higher management when I worked there. But beautiful experience if you love the retail industry.
Pros
Discount on merchandise
Cons
Retail hours
2,0
Dealing with any queries or complaints
Advising customers on their purchases
Ordering, managing and taking out stock
Helping with promotions
Pros
work culture
Cons
everything else
Service Desk Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gauteng16 April 2019
I enjoyed working at Truworths, staff and management taught me a lot in retail and customer care.

the hardest part was the working hours and abnormal shift
productive service
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal13 April 2019
Truworths is a very good retail clothing company the problem is with the management especially store managers because they very scared of area managers there is a different between respecting someone and being scared of they are very scared they end up not giving people or employees the best relationship between the superiors and the rest of the staff
Pros
staff discount
Cons
working weekends
4,0
A very controlled, ethical, corporate work environment with a hands-on CEO. All processes are reviewed & very committed employees.
Senior Vice President, Retail Operations (Former Employee) –  City of Cape Town, Western Cape5 April 2019
Work day:
Review Operations dashboard - sales, inventory, staffing/hours, expense, internal audit results, budgets, forecasts etc. .
Meeting with regional operations managers with regards to regional performance versus KPI's & operating forecasts - weekly.
Prepare and assess promotional and sales activity - communications & instructions to stores.
Travel to stores every alternate week - address business critcal issues in stores and with merchants.

Lessons:
Due to the size and nature of the business, it was important to identify problem areas, agree remedial action & timing and then follow-up. All fully documented which ensure that any lessons learned were not forgotten.

Culture:
High performance and efficiency are cornerstones of the business. The culture is not "soft" and you are required to be robust in your daily work environment, although a common decency & interest in employees was present.

Hardest part of the job:
Just the size and complexity of the business......you learned something new every day.

Most enjoyable:
Highly successful and rewarding environment. Employees are very committed and always willing to put in whatever is necessary to make a success - very rewarding to lead with such a wonderful work ethic.
People at the very cornerstone of success.
Pros
Great systems and very talented & committed emplyees
Cons
Never enough hours, always something that needs your immediate attention, Time management is critical for success.
4,0
job opportunities are given almost every week...
Sales Consultant and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Modimolle, Limpopo2 April 2019
One can explore in different departments in the store...
Awards and rewards are given to acknowledge good work of fellow employees e.g employee of the week...ACE winner etc.
Pros
Morning Tea break (free sugar, coffee, milk)
Cons
Busy hours regardless
Learning experience
SERVICE DESK CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Jane Furse, Limpopo2 April 2019
It's was a wonderful experience working at Truworths. They have thought me a lot of things and it was nice helping customers and making them happy . It was nice to know your daily targets and food focusing on archiving.
Pros
Roadshow
Cons
Less hours
productive workplace
Advising customers on their purchases
Ordering, managing and taking out stock
Helping with promotions
5,0
Customer and employee friendly work place
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Knysna, Western Cape13 March 2019
The most enjoyable part of this job is that you meet new faces every day, able to share ideas with management and work as a team. the hardest part about Truworths is that they don't provide transport for their employees. I have learnt a lot about my self while I was working there.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Short hours
3,0
It's a very fun and a productive place to work to,more especially with the stuff. Stuff there they really know a team work.
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloemfontein, Free State12 March 2019
It's a very fun and growing company to work to and very productive. Each and every stuff members know their roles and you get to know how to teamwork.
Cons
Yes, long hours
5,0
Productive and fun work place
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mthatha, Eastern Cape22 February 2019
Truworths is a well established company with great care values and sufficient opportunities for growth , just like me they have been awarded me with two certificates of achievments for customer service and that of new recruits work book i have completed.It has been a pleasure to me to work in their company, although they had no hours which was tazing me upon.
Pros
Free lunches
3,0
If you looking for a company that's going to give you good on the job experience this would be the perfect opportunity for you.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape12 January 2019
The work culture at Truworths is amazing everyone is friendly and most likely everyday is a chance for you to meet new people. Truworths is more than just a company it believes in its services and in great customer services. If you are friendly and love working with other people ill recommend this job for you.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
short hours
Productive and fun
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kwaggafontein, Mpumalanga10 January 2019
Your growth depends on self management.
It gives an opportunity to grow.
You work close with management and can be easily to adapt.
You receive benefits of receiving discounts.
Typical retail job
Cross-Trained Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gauteng28 December 2018
The more the hours you work the better, it's a strain financially though when they hire a lot of sales/cross-trained consultants especially on holidays because then the total weekly hours to be worked are split amongst a bigger ratio. But usually in such a case the hours to be worked are increased as well, which is a huge perk.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
hourly rate is not the greatest
5,0
Very productive and a fun environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stanger, KwaZulu-Natal14 December 2018
Everyday is entertaining because you get to meet aswell as speak to happy customers.The environment I worked in was very postive and fun.Dressing up was always a must
Average
Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal13 December 2018
The hours were long but there were sufficient breaks and lunches. Most of the people working there were old and mostly without tertiary education. As a young female it seemed very non-progressive in the sense that a lot of outdated rules were still applied in the workplace. e.g. woman had to wear black pumps to work. For a fashion company that seemed very outdated and repressive especially since men could wear more comfortable shoes like sneakers.
Pros
Breaks
2,0
I am active and also good in communicating with people
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mpumalanga26 November 2018
Hard day at work is month end and what I've leant is to be a problem solver in any challenge that occurs at work and also patience in everything I do at at work.
Pros
Hard working
Great workplace
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Gauteng6 November 2018
The work environment is great and the Owner is a fantastic person they care about there employees and there well being.

Team work is one thing they can do best.
5,0
Gijima Training are fun and yet we learning more about TRUWORTHS through de training
Sales Consultant Flexi (Current Employee) –  Germiston Gauteng5 November 2018
Opening more accounts brings more business in the company and as staff members we get rewards for reaching our monthly target. My passion is to open more accounts and be the highest in South Africa, I'm now my store UZZI Champion. Putting the customers first is very important for the bsiness
Pros
Free lunches for Christmas parties and Flying to Cape Town as an ACE winner
Cons
Unpaid overtime, management fighting even though it's not physical fights
very productive and exceptional
Credit Collector (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng24 October 2018
I learned about customer care service, listening skill, during a typical day one of my biggest tasks is to check and assess my department progress, then I have to represent that progress to the executive board, management team were professional and very helpful, client and customer service orientation, the hardest part was to knock off at 9pm busy calling clients after office hours and advice them to up to date their accounts to avoid arrears, of which many customers did not like it, the most enjoyable part was to offer a service level that exceeds customers expectations,
Pros
nice environment and short hours
Cons
calling customers at 9pm, u will be harassed telephonically