Truworths

South Africa13 reviews
productive workplace
Displaying items
Serving customers

Dealing with any queries or complaints

Advising customers on their purchases

Ordering, managing and taking out stock

Helping with promotions
5,0
Had problems with my previous manager
She was always being unfair towards my honest because she was a thief always complaining for unnecessary things she was very criticising and discriminate others she raises hatred among staff
5,0
Its a very good workplace. You meet different people every day and different characters. But all you have to as an employee is to bring a good custome
Be the one whose very helpful and energetic person. Good communication is very important between customers and employees. Have a willingness of helping people and bring the smile. Best service all the time course you bringing the store on market.
4,0
Fun work place and very proffesional
It was a great experience, i was really honoured to work for them, i taught me a lot mostly patience whe working with different people. The people i worked with are great, management is great, i was very happy there but it was only for 6 months, it insightful, challenging yet amazing, i have gained experience, and lucky to have for such lovely company
Pros
Great work place
Cons
Long standing hours
My daily life at Truworths
Its always nice when you come in at work in the morning, fresh people with beautiful smiles ready to start the day. By the time you go home, you'd be dragging yourself because you're so exhausted. its really tiring in a retail store but it's quite fun working with different people.
I sure have learnt a lot from Truworths, it is such a wonderful place to start working at.

The hardest part of the job is having to smile with the customers even when you are having a bad day. But overall it is an amazing place to work at especially if you are a fashion killer like myself.
1,0
Working extra hours
I learnt a lot from truworths company it was a great experience working there i also liked working under pressure bt only if it was for the good course
Great team
The training provided was not sufficient to perform your job at your best. Very limited training but you are required to know what to do any slip ups were not tolerable.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Very low pay rate
Fun workplace
At Truworths I have worked as a cashier assisting clients at the pay point and assisting supervisors inside the cash office. Assisting customers on the floor was one of my duties.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Truworths?
Productive place
tart my day at work with ensuring that my till's flow is correct. Ensuring the shop is neat and tidy for customers to enter. Management informed. Excellent staff
Pros
free lunches
1,0
Non Productive, No Promotions
The company blames its employees for stealing stock while they can't provide more security.
as an employee the company should protect their staff at all times, should there be any loop hole regarding stock loss the company together with its employees must brainstorm to prevent such matter.

however, i find it very low to dismiss their workers,
fashion at its best
taking floats to starting that day behind the till always excited me
i learned that you not every customer wants to speak in English some prefer their own languages had the best times with my ex-coworkers from eating lunch to helping with transport fares it was the best

the hardest part of the job was to see a customer leave the store with no smile on their face
Pros
discount on pachaces
Cons
annoying supervisers
2,0
produtive and fun
I have learn to Working as a team and understand customers.my hardest day :we a customer is angry and shutting in store and I have to calm he/she.enjoyable part : we play games and we competition and win
Pros
n/a
Professional
CASHIER
I get to work at 7:30am and make sure that all I would need is at my till. I would then prepare the banking and do some adminitrative work. Once the store is opened at 9:00am, before the customers come in, I would assist at the floor, by packing items around my work area.

When the customers start coming in, in addition to cashier duties, I would also assist the manager by answering telephone calls, attending to customers' calls and queries and taking in delivery of stock.

By 5:30pm I clean up my work area and tidy the store, getting ready to go home at 6:00pm.

I have learnet a great deal and gained enormous experience at Identity Store while working as a cashier,assisted management, did banking, organizing skill and telephone skills.

The management was professional and I enjoyed my job. My colleagues were as hard working as I was. The hardest part was during the customers' pay days when the store will be full throughout the day.

The enjoyable moments were when I helped customers and then get a good feedback and complements from them.
Pros
salary was good and the overtime.
Cons
when i was off and had to fill for someone els.