Truworths

Truworths Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Fun work place
So much fun and there’s a lot of departments to learn from. You stand for long hours but get used to it eventually. You are given a certain department to look after which teaches you responsibility
1,0
Run away
For a start off for students it is a good job but there is no growth. If you are good at something they will have you do it without paying you.. With regards to security procedures, theft and so on. At times or rather most times management would indirectly force you to do something you not comfortable with then make you sign things to cover them or else you'll get a warning. I do not recommend working there unless it's a start of job for a student
Too fun
This is a very great company to work for, they are learnerships there which helps u to get more moola plus knowledge since knowledge is power, u become that powerful colleague to others
Pros
Free smoking breaks
5,0
Very productive and a fun environment
Everyday is entertaining because you get to meet aswell as speak to happy customers.The environment I worked in was very postive and fun.Dressing up was always a must
productive workplace
A good company to grow in there are many opportunities to further your studies and to grow within the company. Not many companies offer this which is why it is such a good company.
5,0
Targets are always met at our store in Waterfront and the customers are friendly
A typical day at work would start with a briefing in the morning of what is expected (targets) of us and what needs to be done for the day (Positions). It was fun to work in Waterfront because you always met different kinds people (Tourists), I sometimes had a problem with language barrier but got through it. Seeing a happy customer was always the most enjoyable part of my job at Truworths
Pros
Meeting different kinds of people, experiencing the retail world
Cons
Long hours and sometimes short staffed, so you'd have to work a double
Very good
Working there is very pleasant to a beginner. It's a good start and you're exposed to internal growth. Training is for free for those who are willing to learn and management is very good and supportive always.
it was ok
I enjoyed working there because I was not just a sales consultant bt
•care taked the store when my manager was off duty

•dealing wth customer queries

•doing banking

•opening and closing of the store

•and making sure tht the customer goes wth a smile

I gained a lot of experience there..
Pros
engaging wih friendly customers
Cons
less stuff
2,0
It is a job
I would say that Truworths was a good way to start my retail career however it was the most pleasant workplace to be at. It was a job to me that I took seriously but not my favorite.

I can really say that they pay you on time and do give some sort of training. Team culture was satisfactory and better management could have been employed.
Pros
Good working hours
Cons
Team and Management
fun workplace
meeting different people everyday and getting to know what the new fashion trends are and learning about all the different cosmetic products
Pros
free cosmetics
Cons
...
Hardworking and Productive
Mr experience at Truworths was brief but it was a very good learning experience. At this company they strive for excellence and a high level of commitment and hard work is required. I was a sales assistant. Although i was a sales assistant a learnt a lot about the various departments and brands and so much more than what my job description entailed. It was a really great learning experience. Some days were very stressful, especially over month end weekends when the store was extremely busy, sometimes we would have to cut our breaks short to make sure that all the customers were helped. The staff members were a pleasure to work with, i got along very well with everybody. Management was strict but fair and got on well with their staff. The hardest part of the job was dealing with theft within the store. The store was a target store and we had to be on the look out all the time. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to assist the customers and make them feel comfortable at all times.
Pros
Freedom of choice of clothing
Cons
High theft
4,0
productive and a fun work environment
A typical day at work started with a meeting with our supervisor and floor manager who will tell us which department we are going to work in for the day .I learned a lot about the retail industry while working at Truworths. I had great managers who were willing to assist us when we needed help. I had a great relationship with my co-workers and friendship were started and we had a great team work. The hardest time of my job was the long working hours .The most enjoyable part of the job is that we interacted with various customers throughout the day .
Pros
staff discounts
3,0
it was very quiet at times, and very busy other times. co-workers was fun to work with.
2,0
It was kay to work there.
There was nothing fun about the job, it was just a job to earn a living while I was still looking for a varsity.
Pros
did not work everyday.
Cons
The pay was not that good.
4,0
Young, vibrant, fast paced and deadline orientated environment
A typical day would involve a stock take in the morning before the store opens. Stock is counted individually then captured on the system and sent off to head office and designers. This is done to check for stock losses and to ensure that proper procedures are put in place in order to prevent such activities from happening.

From there on, we are briefed by management as to what is expected from each of us for the day. Our trading day starts thereafter and we are placed in our various departments for the day.

Management is very approachable and assists where help is needed, whether it is a personal concern or whether it is to advance your career within the group.

Co-workers are supportive and friendly. We created an environment where we treated one another with respect and dignity. This enhanced my working environment completely and enjoyed interacting with my peers.

The hardest part of the job was having deadline on top of deadline, dealing with customer and designers queries and complaints but there was nothing that a supportive team could not manage.

The most enjoyable part of the job has to be when we've delivered and the bosses are proud of us. With the industry being so competitive, the pressure is immense but we've always given our best and reaped the benefits of it thereafter.
Pros
Opportunity for growth
4,0
Great place to enter the world of sales and to learn about the wonderful world of sales.
Dealing with prospective clients wanting guidance and service to assist in their purchasing needs. It was a great learning curve to learn how to fine tune my ability to sell to prospective clients depending on personality, needs, aspirations, etc. Management was encouraging and had us hone in on goals. My biggest concern was that we were below street level and hence did not partake in day to living until we had finished our day, I felt a bit secluded.