Truworths Management reviews

1,0
stressful
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng14 November 2019
I learnt to be resilient as well work very fast , especially on days that we had a sale. The management was horrible i did not see any growth within the company , the was no team work which was very discouraging.
5,0
It was a great place to work and I would recommend it to everyone, I had a great time and great years at Truworths
Debt Collector and Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Head office5 November 2019
Truworths was by far the best work experience I had ever experienced and if I were o be given a chance I would return there in heartbeat.. the management is cool, the building is cool, the vi e is cool yet productive and every one is your family. I would recommend this place to everyone. Great place to work for.
just an ok place
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mimosa mall Truworths1 November 2019
The staff is alright but the management is fairly OK. Truworths is not a place for someone who wants start a making a living for themselves because they pay people minimum wage unless you have a management position.
4,0
Good place good opportunity to grow with good management
Weekly Cross Trained Consultant (Former Employee) –  Krugersdorp, Gauteng10 September 2019
Horrible hours especially in December.
Money ample for one with no responisibility.
Incentives
Management at the time wasnt sharing information and giving us an opportunity to grow
Boxes and hanging stock
Housekeeping a nightmare
Till duty always getting short
2,0
Corporate is as corporate does
Regional Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape22 July 2019
If you want to be a worker bee who is not allowed to be an individual then this is the place for you. The business clock watches your every move. The culture is poor as people gossip and talk behind your back and if you not gossiping then you are a target.
Pros
In a building
Cons
Don't trust staff, old school corporate, verkramp.
Workplace and Management
Desk consultant and floor assistant (Former Employee) –  City of Johannesburg, Gauteng27 June 2019
Truworths' work place is by far the best as the people who works there are very helpful and very much kind. They teach you different skills and experience. The management is helping towards in bettering you as an individual
2,0
If the management is terrible, best believe the whole store is terrible!
CASUAL WORKER (Former Employee) –  Benoni, Gauteng6 June 2019
Truworths is a great company to work for but if the management in the store is terrible then you'll regret ever working for the company.
The money alone isn't enough for all the Hard work you do there end the over time just doesn't cut it too.
5,0
Great company to work at
Administrative Manager (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal22 May 2019
Great management like family. External factors influenced higher management when I worked there. But beautiful experience if you love the retail industry.
Pros
Discount on merchandise
Cons
Retail hours
Service Desk Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gauteng16 April 2019
I enjoyed working at Truworths, staff and management taught me a lot in retail and customer care.

the hardest part was the working hours and abnormal shift
productive service
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal13 April 2019
Truworths is a very good retail clothing company the problem is with the management especially store managers because they very scared of area managers there is a different between respecting someone and being scared of they are very scared they end up not giving people or employees the best relationship between the superiors and the rest of the staff
Pros
staff discount
Cons
working weekends
4,0
A very controlled, ethical, corporate work environment with a hands-on CEO. All processes are reviewed & very committed employees.
Senior Vice President, Retail Operations (Former Employee) –  City of Cape Town, Western Cape5 April 2019
Work day:
Review Operations dashboard - sales, inventory, staffing/hours, expense, internal audit results, budgets, forecasts etc. .
Meeting with regional operations managers with regards to regional performance versus KPI's & operating forecasts - weekly.
Prepare and assess promotional and sales activity - communications & instructions to stores.
Travel to stores every alternate week - address business critcal issues in stores and with merchants.

Lessons:
Due to the size and nature of the business, it was important to identify problem areas, agree remedial action & timing and then follow-up. All fully documented which ensure that any lessons learned were not forgotten.

Culture:
High performance and efficiency are cornerstones of the business. The culture is not "soft" and you are required to be robust in your daily work environment, although a common decency & interest in employees was present.

Hardest part of the job:
Just the size and complexity of the business......you learned something new every day.

Most enjoyable:
Highly successful and rewarding environment. Employees are very committed and always willing to put in whatever is necessary to make a success - very rewarding to lead with such a wonderful work ethic.
People at the very cornerstone of success.
Pros
Great systems and very talented & committed emplyees
Cons
Never enough hours, always something that needs your immediate attention, Time management is critical for success.
5,0
Customer and employee friendly work place
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Knysna, Western Cape13 March 2019
The most enjoyable part of this job is that you meet new faces every day, able to share ideas with management and work as a team. the hardest part about Truworths is that they don't provide transport for their employees. I have learnt a lot about my self while I was working there.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Short hours
Productive and fun
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kwaggafontein, Mpumalanga10 January 2019
Your growth depends on self management.
It gives an opportunity to grow.
You work close with management and can be easily to adapt.
You receive benefits of receiving discounts.
Average
Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal13 December 2018
The hours were long but there were sufficient breaks and lunches. Most of the people working there were old and mostly without tertiary education. As a young female it seemed very non-progressive in the sense that a lot of outdated rules were still applied in the workplace. e.g. woman had to wear black pumps to work. For a fashion company that seemed very outdated and repressive especially since men could wear more comfortable shoes like sneakers.
Pros
Breaks
Great workplace
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Gauteng6 November 2018
The work environment is great and the Owner is a fantastic person they care about there employees and there well being.

Team work is one thing they can do best.
5,0
Gijima Training are fun and yet we learning more about TRUWORTHS through de training
Sales Consultant Flexi (Current Employee) –  Germiston Gauteng5 November 2018
Opening more accounts brings more business in the company and as staff members we get rewards for reaching our monthly target. My passion is to open more accounts and be the highest in South Africa, I'm now my store UZZI Champion. Putting the customers first is very important for the bsiness
Pros
Free lunches for Christmas parties and Flying to Cape Town as an ACE winner
Cons
Unpaid overtime, management fighting even though it's not physical fights
very productive and exceptional
Credit Collector (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng24 October 2018
I learned about customer care service, listening skill, during a typical day one of my biggest tasks is to check and assess my department progress, then I have to represent that progress to the executive board, management team were professional and very helpful, client and customer service orientation, the hardest part was to knock off at 9pm busy calling clients after office hours and advice them to up to date their accounts to avoid arrears, of which many customers did not like it, the most enjoyable part was to offer a service level that exceeds customers expectations,
Pros
nice environment and short hours
Cons
calling customers at 9pm, u will be harassed telephonically
Shot and sweet
Administration assistant (Former Employee) –  Potchefstroom, North West13 September 2018
I focus to learn as much from this company but was only a temp.

Was a wonderful experience to work for them. The staff and management was like family
Pros
Learn about people
Cons
No cons
3,0
Fun work place messed up management
Customer Service Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Cape Town5 September 2018
The work place is a great place to work but management is what's wrong with the place.. Hours are okay but they don't provide transport if you work late and they rob you with your overtime. But all in all I learned a lot about myself while working here
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
No transport
Fun Place to work at
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape27 July 2018
Typical day would be support to all staff, from call centre to top management.
I've learned plenty from this company as it consisted of in house programmers, database administrators, developers.
Also, I have worked at the DC for this company and have learnt how to work independantly.
All in all, a great company to work for.