Tsebo Solutions Group Employee Reviews in Johannesburg, Gauteng

working enviroment and treatment
1 was working a waiter (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng7 March 2019
I worked hard ,overtime under pressure and in weekend but iwas not happy,started with R5000 and they left with it,without telling us they still ow us money.
I learned to be patient and focus when you are working
we managed to leave with that money with my two kids.
Work place was strict and but okay
coming to work everyday and working overtime that is paying that was nice.
Pros
yes free lunch
Educative
Unit/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng23 December 2018
its more than just earning a salary. Its your passion and drive. Management is constantly advancing, it has its basics but its more hands on than theory. The hardest part is when 1) you don't enjoy it, 2 Loosing one member of you staff through death.
1,0
Long hour and less money
Tea/Vending Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng19 November 2018
No matter how hard u work for the company and long hours you sacrifice is still not enough for the management, treatment towards employees not good
Pros
Cons
Long hours and no enough pay
3,0
It's nice because everyone is free to learn how to cook
Chef (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng14 September 2018
Like I know many things about Kitchen prep food and beverages knife handling types cooking methods it's a good company because they also have some benefits.
Pros
Free lunch is also avalaible
Cons
Also have over times
Team work
WAITRESS (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng,benoni19 April 2018
I learned about customer service, customers are very important and we must satisfy their needs all the times. again working as a team is the key.the management is very strong and capable of building and growing the organisation to be in a well established.i loved the environment is very bright and clean.the hardest part of the job was dealing with an angry customer and cash handling
Pros
extra break
Cons
9-10 working hours
4,0
organisational culture not clearly defined advancement opportunities are low
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng17 April 2018
The work is challenging and very involved ,the company however needs to define its usp and go to market with a clearly defined objective .

The company has extensive experience in the catering company with a Brand that is known but needs a revamp in order to better play in the space
Pros
Great heritage and experience in the market
Cons
very similar divisions competing against each other makes the company appear disjointed
challenging and fun
waiter and waitress (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng29 January 2018
Working at Fedics was fun and challenging at times because we were dealing with different people but I learnt a lot. And we also worked long hours but there was a room for growth.
Fun work place
cleaner (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng3 January 2018
Only supervisors treat staff badly but overall it is a very good working environment,always safe and the cleaning chemicals are not infectious mostly.
Pros
Free lunches but occasionally
Cons
Double shifts
Not productive
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng4 June 2017
I Have been working for this company for years but it doesn't challenge me,I don't see no growth.
I believe that as a person your business environment should motivate you, it should be productive but with TsAfrika it's a NO I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
1,0
i feel stucked in this company no progress um just lossing the experience i had.
Waitress (Current Employee) –  JHB, Gauteng10 May 2017
the management is not treating the stuff
they just dont care about the staff
they make us feel unsafe, wanted
lastly i hate this job with all my heart.
Pros
rotted food
Cons
we dont have a break
4,0
Meeting new people experiencing different lifestyles
Waiter (Former Employee) –  GAUTENG, JOHANNESBURG5 March 2017
The was good especially first I was told I should be ready for a training and it was my first training and job offered to me at the same time. I have learned how to communicate with different people on the industry of FEDICS also the productivity at time management dress code hygienic well spoken language when speaking to customers and clients. Hardest part working under pressure at the same time the job was enjoyable and learning from my mistakes.
Pros
worse roll with a 500ml can
Cons
15minutes
Busy and productive
Barista, cashier (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng25 February 2017
Medics food services is a good company treats the staff and management with respect.

They recognise hard workers and reward them, the company is very big so they provide opportunities to grow as an employee.
Pros
Free lunch
Exciting Environment
Engineering Executive (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng13 February 2017
First 30 minutes - Review of previous day tasks. Plan for the day. Have learnt how to manage difficulty customers and their expectations.

Execution of work according to the strategy. management of employees is a challenge on its own. Workplace culture is not well defined but the client's is and makes it a bit challenging to fit into the client's culture

The hardest part of the job is the management of the client as the client has the last say.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when a task is completed as promised to the client
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Lack of communication
Its a good work place
Barista (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng25 January 2017
Its good because you get to be given opportunity to learn other things e.g (cooking, admin, call order). Its challenging but its alot of fun yet gaining knowledge at it, i prefer staying on my espresso machine and making coffee addicts happy than doing point of sale. Mostly i like learning about coffee
Pros
breakfast and lunch
Cons
11 hours
5,0
An excellent company to work for
National Key Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng17 February 2016
An excellent company to work for. Great career growth opportunities. I enjoyed my stay there and willing to go back at any day
Productive and Fun working place
Cleaning Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP6 December 2015
Working for Tsebo Outsourcing Group taught me lot in life, Management was always supportive and willing to help in anyway.

in regards to my co-workers they such a blessing team to work with, the support and relationship they give is on of the best one can die for.
2,0
Fedics was great as a company from national level but at certain operations it was not that great
Human Resources Officer (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP16 October 2015
Fedics was the first company to embrace the changes that were taking place within the country. Its CEO/ MD was one of very few extraordinary visionary person who had the best interest of the company and its employees at heart. A great leader indeed.
Productive, healthy and safe
IT hepdesk agent (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP6 October 2014
Typical day - is when we log normal telephone and email calls without downtime on any servers. Sometimes we get a lot of account lock-out, password reset and application errors.
What I learned - I learnt a quick and easy way to find an archived email, resolved error 691 on ADSL connection.
Management - we have great management in out department, they never shout to make you nervous.
Co-workers - teamplayers, everyone is willing to help.
hardest part- having to teach a user how to find some keys on the keyboard.
Enjoyable part - having to deal with a difficult user and assist them at the end.
Pros
access restriction
Cons
enough work resources.
Good Company to work for
Adminmanager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP26 August 2014
Responsibilities : Weekly / Monthly Management accounts, Maintain computer network (5 point of sales)
Daily costings, Banking raise invoices
Pros
Free food
routine
contract manager (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP17 June 2014
meeting suppliers and clients on daily basis, creating team work with my staff.
having shortage of staff / not having enough casuals/relievers due to management's incompetency can be very stressful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tsebo Solutions Group. Our community is ready to answer.

3,5