Tsebo Solutions Group

Tsebo Solutions Group Employee Reviews in Johannesburg, Gauteng

3,0
There is no fun at Tsebo maybe for other people from other departments yes but catering non
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng10 January 2020
I was doing a lot of job but no salary at all and i noticed they don't take catering and cleaning serious. Other departments are okay and happy you can tell by the impression and they even say it them self. and its not easy moving to another department you have to be a friend with someone or be known somehow (favored).
3,0
It's was not a speasant experience
SHE rep (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng12 December 2019
The management was u professional, the stuff was unprofessional, working with tsebo was unpleasant, I worked cos I needed the money and it was the only job available at the time.
5,0
flexibility and hardworker
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng5 December 2019
a lot is expected to do in so little time, no overtime and less salary. Yo get juggled around to work very hard but also blamed for other mistakes you don't know about. you get to pay for other peoples sins whilst your working your way up.

we need to be paid correctly in order to succeed in life
1,0
I was targeted for earning more than whites
Front of House Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng7 November 2019
I was retrenched for the wrong reasons. Was told my position is redondered
Lots of politics and was used as a scape goat. I was enrolled at Gibs but they didn't mind about that.
I love my work
cleaner (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng7 October 2019
I love my work and work very hard and the equipment must clean and perfect even the person that you assist u easy to assist because all equipment ne
4,0
It was nice working for that company
cleaning supervisor (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng5 September 2019
Productive to staff concerning the knowledge of what they are doing they train you and get certification and promotion , professionalism is their thing.
Pros
Fruitful
2,0
It is has a good working environment. Especially in food industry you have opportunity to learn more.
cashier and sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng30 August 2019
I have been working for tsebo since 2014 as a cashier. I love my job so much no doubt about that. But my problem is when l came to the company they told me chances of growing with the company are very high. But that seems not to be true. It 8s very difficult to get a promotion in tsebo. How l wish to work as an Admin. I have tried to ask my managers to give me a. chance but seems no luck. Am currently studying part time book keeping course. I really need to upgrade myself and grow with the company am one person who does not want to stay in one position for a long time 5 years it's enough for me to be a cashier. I love my company l really wanna work for a long time but l feel like l need to change my position and work as an Admin since am currently studying book keeping
Pros
Yes nice and healthy food
Cons
Little bit long 6am-4pm.
Official response from Tsebo Solutions Group
2 September 2019

Dear Colleague

Thank you for sharing your experience to date. We believe in caring and empowering all our employees in Tsebo. Please do reach out to your HR lead in Fedics or TsaAfrika to learn about potential means to grow within the company.

5,0
Good work place
office cleaner (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng12 August 2019
I am a hard-working person I do love my job and respect the time, I always make sure that when I clean there will be no complain team work is important
Pros
Cons
8 hour's
1,0
Its not fun at all to work here
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng12 May 2019
The company i can say its still operating under old south africa its the worst company that i have wvwr worked foe, they dont look after the staff they only care about themselves
Pros
No pros
Cons
No good lunch, long hours
not fun to work for
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng19 March 2019
always had to fight to get stock do my job the management say the
behind you but that not only for them selfs I did enjoy the work hardest thing for me was always fighting to get stock to do the job
the most enjoyable was when I finish the job and see the clients happy
Pros
bonus
Cons
fighting all the time to do my job
working enviroment and treatment
1 was working a waiter (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng7 March 2019
I worked hard ,overtime under pressure and in weekend but iwas not happy,started with R5000 and they left with it,without telling us they still ow us money.
I learned to be patient and focus when you are working
we managed to leave with that money with my two kids.
Work place was strict and but okay
coming to work everyday and working overtime that is paying that was nice.
Pros
yes free lunch
Facilities Management
National Facilities Manager ABSA Contract ATMs (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng14 February 2019
Making sure that there is business continuity at all times.
Taking ownership of your job.
Creating a good support structure within the organisation.
Professional and committed culture.
Red tape on making a decision.
Interaction with the client and staff members
Pros
Flexibility of agile work environment
Cons
Red tape situations
Educative
Unit/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng23 December 2018
its more than just earning a salary. Its your passion and drive. Management is constantly advancing, it has its basics but its more hands on than theory. The hardest part is when 1) you don't enjoy it, 2 Loosing one member of you staff through death.
1,0
Long hour and less money
Tea/Vending Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng19 November 2018
No matter how hard u work for the company and long hours you sacrifice is still not enough for the management, treatment towards employees not good
Pros
Cons
Long hours and no enough pay
3,0
It's nice because everyone is free to learn how to cook
Chef (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng14 September 2018
Like I know many things about Kitchen prep food and beverages knife handling types cooking methods it's a good company because they also have some benefits.
Pros
Free lunch is also avalaible
Cons
Also have over times
Team work
WAITRESS (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng,benoni19 April 2018
I learned about customer service, customers are very important and we must satisfy their needs all the times. again working as a team is the key.the management is very strong and capable of building and growing the organisation to be in a well established.i loved the environment is very bright and clean.the hardest part of the job was dealing with an angry customer and cash handling
Pros
extra break
Cons
9-10 working hours
4,0
organisational culture not clearly defined advancement opportunities are low
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng17 April 2018
The work is challenging and very involved ,the company however needs to define its usp and go to market with a clearly defined objective .

The company has extensive experience in the catering company with a Brand that is known but needs a revamp in order to better play in the space
Pros
Great heritage and experience in the market
Cons
very similar divisions competing against each other makes the company appear disjointed
challenging and fun
waiter and waitress (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng29 January 2018
Working at Fedics was fun and challenging at times because we were dealing with different people but I learnt a lot. And we also worked long hours but there was a room for growth.
Fun work place
cleaner (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng3 January 2018
Only supervisors treat staff badly but overall it is a very good working environment,always safe and the cleaning chemicals are not infectious mostly.
Pros
Free lunches but occasionally
Cons
Double shifts
Consulting
technical Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg19 June 2017
Initially, I was employed as a technical resource for Barclays Africa deployed in different countries in Africa. During that period we would investigate, consult, procure and implement all technical defiance's of the business. I got promoted to Technical Manager, where duties included all above also advise the COO and perform budgets for the following years. While working in Africa I manage to work with different people and teams to achieve results in short space of time. The challenges were experienced during procurement, that team were lacking cooperation, it took a while to convince them to understand that this projects were for the good of thru business not individual achievements.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tsebo Solutions Group. Our community is ready to answer.

3,6