Twisp Employee Reviews

4,0
Fun and beneficial environment
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  East London, Eastern Cape6 May 2019
Twisp is a great place for personal growth and a hands on retail experience. Overall, an awesome company with commission and incentive structure with amazing management who not only take care of their staff but also display an understanding for them.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Wprking long hours on public holidays
3,0
Productive when their is a rush of customers
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape25 March 2017
You interact with customers face to face, behind a kiosk. Very limited space but staff is friendly and always well dressed. House keeping is excellent. Twisp makes the customer feel welcome, so good communication skills are necessary. Always being on your feet throughout the day and making target.
2,0
Decent
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng28 February 2017
Its a nice working environment, the people you'll work with are mostly really nice. However the hours can be long and the pay isn't great. You do get incentives if you reach target, but you don't reach it often. Its nice building up a customer base though and interacting with different people every day.
Pros
Colleagues and area managers are really nice
Cons
Lo hours, pay isnt great
5,0
produtive fun place
kiosk supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brits, North West22 January 2017
learn new staff everyday. works with customers. we have quite days but it passes very fast. enjoyable part when helping paying customers.
Pros
free lunch when reaching target
Cons
quite days
Fun workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gauteng, Gauteng4 January 2017
It's a very challenging field of work because you will be working with people who have an addiction . You need to be patient and professional at all times . I have met a lot of different customers and I was able to identify different kinds of customer behavior .
Pros
Free snacks
5,0
Interesting work place quite a lot to learn and gain alot of knowledge and experience
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Paarl, Western Cape18 December 2016
Smoking alternative for people who wants to quit smoking and its quite interesting how we can make that change in a person's life and to communicate is the best key.The people you work with becomes more like a family you work together as one team reaching the goals
Cons
Too many hours
3,0
Fast paced and fun workplace
sales assistant and cashier (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape20 October 2016
Twisp is a fun place to work at.
Sale targets would be tough to reach because it was set too high which brought on failure.
Incentives were not given if the kiosk didn't make target even though personal target was made which led to salespeople feeling despondent.
Month salary was not enough for the hours worked.
Higher heir achy were at times unprofessional, but tried to encourage staff.
Pros
Discount to staff on Twisp products
Cons
Not enough money for hours worked
Challenging and productive workplace
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng1 March 2016
My day consists of contacting each of my stores and ensuring that they ready for trade. I then do some admin work for my area and for each of my stores. After that, I would contact some customers that are new to the business to follow up on their experience with the brand and to attend to challenges they are having. Through my current role as an area manager I've learnt to think creatively and out of the box, I am constantly gathering information from staff, competitors, mall management and customers in order to develop ways in which to position my stores to be more profitable. We as co-workers really well together in order assist one another in our respective area's.

The hardest part of the job is accounting for and predicting the customer purchase trends in the different malls. Predicting the ht rate of customers varies from week to week. The most enjoyable part is coming up strategic solutions to challenges in the business.
Pros
Given alot Responsibilty
Cons
No area manager incentive structure.
Good pay, poor management
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Vereeniging, Gauteng26 February 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with customers and build a loyal client base of repeat business.
Getting to know local buyers was the most rewarding part of the job.

Hardest part of the job was the struggle to get stock, little to no communication with the regional manager and poor training resulted in us learning everything on the job in front of customers.

I learnt a lot about how to solve problems on the spot and calm angry customers. I learnt how to manage my staff and time wisely, and discovered a few new qualities and strengths I didn't know I had.
Pros
Good commission, enjoyable job
Cons
Long hours, not allowed to sit down, poor chain of command.
4,0
productive fun
SALES (Former Employee) –  DURBAN18 January 2016
Come in do stock take clean the work area

Word excell

Management was bad

Co workers were good

Standing for the whole day

Money
Pros
No pros
Cons
Long hours, Standing whole day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Twisp. Our community is ready to answer.

3,5