Umgeni Water

Umgeni Water Management reviews

4,0
Good
it was very good working for this Client, Very good working environment with a very good management.

there are lot of things that i have learned while working
Pros
New things to learn
5,0
Productive and travel to various sites
Maintenance of all assets at all the various Dam sites and waterworks. Make sure that equipment is well maintained and breakdowns are minimized. Also make sure that the maintenance management system is updated and maintained.
Pros
buying facilities
Cons
overtime
5,0
Great workplace for further advancement
Umgeni Water was a great company to work for, in a day one has something to do and has something to learn on it.
I learnt that even with the smalled work experience you can add value into the organisation

The management is very proactive in terms of providing support and development for their employees
Pros
Good working hours
Productive Fun Workplace
I learnt project management at Umgeni Water. I was handling various projects and was required to monitor contractors on site as well as report back on project statuses and compile reports.

I loved the easy going warm environment.
5,0
Highly professional department and supportive team
I am allocated to facilitate environmental education programs in schools and communities of 4 local municipalities. This requires a lot of travelling- initiating contacts- managing stakeholder relationships- project management and setting realistic targets. The job is quite lonely but we meet as a team at regular intervals to discuss performance. One has to have top notch problem solving skills in order to deal with challenges in the field. Management is there for performance review. The most enjoyable part is the diversity of programs that one implements and seeing school children expanding their learning and growth about environmental matters.
Pros
good salary
Cons
regular long distance driving
Family atmosphere
A very good organisation to work for. Distances between depots/work sites, especially when called out was an Achilles heel. A very good management culture and style, giving one the latitude to make decisions.
Pros
Subsidised housing
Cons
Distances between work sites/depots on call out and/or emergencies
5,0
Good company to work for...
Opportunity to learn new things everyday.
Gained extensive knowledge on SAP.

Management is fair and includes me in all work related things as I have a disability of hearing problem.
I get along with most of my colleagues who makes sure that I'm welcomed at all times.

The hardest part of the job is to keep up with conversations in meetings but is a challenge that I can overcome.

I enjoy working with my Supervisor in the GRC Support Team and he imparts knowledge regarding Governance Risk and Compliance.
Pros
Friendly and respectable people
Organised , goal driven
Management was direct and specific on what was required for achievement of goals.

If they were not happy with your pitch you were suppose to do it correctly till you get it right no compromise.

I learned how to read maps on the pipeline infrastructure a skill I obtained within the company.

the hardest part was getting access to company vehicle and learning how to use MAXIMO.

My co-workers and I worked wonderful together , and they were very helpful in terms of training.

The hardest part of the job was when engineers did not avail themselves to approve and critic what has been done or give direction on the next step to be taken.

the fun part was when a pipeline was completed.
Pros
Lunch Time prayer meetings
Cons
not receiving direction
Dynamic and Exciting
Cup of coffee/tea to boost those brain cells, reading and responding to emails. Analysing the daily duties without forgetting the quarterly responsibilities. New assignments being taken up, using new and innovative ideas, with the inclusion of classic ideas.

I learnt that the people in suits and offices do not just sit around and play on computers - they actually get major tasks done and in this case (major water supply tasks). There is more to big companies than what other sources may claim.

Being in the same room with the company's founder and ceo was life changing as the management skills have driven Umgeni Water to great heights and success.

The hardest part was feeling left out as I didn't have enough experiance, but I gained more information from those "awkward moments".

I just loved the work enviroment and being close to information that involves the functionality of the city.
Pros
Long Lunches
Cons
Trying to get the public to understand the importance of water.
productive and good expirience
Daily tasks include process optimisation and troubleshooting. My work has given me an exposure to Project Management, Process design; and managening the graduate trainees. My job was to ensure that i bring evidence for all the recommendations that i have made to make sure that the operations staff can be able to adhere.
the hardst part of the job is to ensure that the process controllers always do job as required to ensure good quality product at all times.

the most enjoyable part of the job is giving the feedback of the investgation conducted by giving the evidence and all agrees to recommendations.
Productive and blissful workplace
I start of my day by reporting to my foreman(electrical/instrument) to receive mandate on a days work so to help me priorities duties for the day. I than adhere to instruction than report back to foreman towards the end of the day. I've learnt how to deal with obstacles involving work or personal. I'm based in a maintenance workshop remote from management offices. Co-workers vary in characteristics but however I've learned to embrace different cultures and people. Hardest part of the job is attending to breakdowns when water levels are extremely low but succession of breakdown builds skill and elevates thinking and work ethics. Most enjoyable part of the job is working in December we host a lot of braai's.
Pros
Knock off early on Fridays
Cons
Working on contract
Productive work environment
Working at Umgeni as an administrator / PA had its normal daily routines, yet there was room for growth and improvement. The management where great to work with and were always helpful, there was nothing in particular that was difficult about the job.
Pros
ability to grow in different departments
managing and producing results
five days a week
water analysis

team work

troubleshooting

water management
Pros
free lunch
Cons
water management
3,0
Perfoming but not too serious workplace
1. A day where the management had to change the deadlines and all the dates were moved to 3days before the initial dates.

2. I've learnt that it is very important to always be ahead with my work.

3. Management was very supportive and assisted the team.

4. From co-workers i just saw an exceptional team spirit from them.

5. The job is not hard at all, but may be let say for a new person who is fresh from varsity, the challenging part can be speed and accuracy.

6. It gives you a break in the middle of the month, it is quiet.
diverse environment
Work starts at 8:00 to 4:30. During this time period I have a duty to perform all my duties for the day, fill the gap if a co-worker is absent. I have learnt to be a good team worker, time management around the work. I have to adapt in a diverse environment. I have enjoyed all the duties I had to perform, the management offers opportunities for trainings and studying which add motivation for the job.
Pros
working in a team
Cons
working weekends and public holidays