Underwriters Laboratories

Underwriters Laboratories Employee Reviews

3,0
Ambiente lavorativo di nicchia e poco socievole
Preparatore campioni e controllo (Former Employee) –  Cabiate, Lombardia10 February 2020
ambiente lavorativo opprimente, poco allegro e di nicchia.
Productive place
Project Manager- Scrum Master (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, IL6 February 2020
One of the absolute best teams I've ever been a part of. I enjoyed going to work with them every day and I knew that team had each others' back. Great, legacy company with a storied history, clear mandate, and a bright future.
3,0
This review would be very outdated
Senior Account Executive/Principal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ1 February 2020
I haven't worked there since 2016, and at that time it was for UL VS US. I think most of upper mgmt has changed along with the culture. When I was there they were so new at verification services in the US that it was understandably challenging to work for. I did get to meet some really great people across the globe and appreciate those relationships to this day.
4,0
Fast paced and stressful but equally supportive environment
UI Developer (Current Employee) –  Dublin26 January 2020
Great place if you want to upskill and learn
Great salary
Great support
Lack of job security since change of CEO
Nice poeple
Great diversity
Can be very stressful - not very suited to easily overwhelmed people but the flexibility can be a great help to work around that issue
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON21 January 2020
Management plays favorite's, some union members report others causing termination, management also makes up fake performance reviews, avoid working here!
Mission driven company
Environmental Sustainability Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL14 January 2020
UL's commitment to working for a safer world is evident when you meet employees throughout the organization. The company has been around for over 125 years and has grown/expanded by a lot in the last decade.
Terrible work culture
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, IL12 January 2020
UL claims they have a great family like culture but I have yet to see it. The environment is very hostile depending on who you kiss up to. And even then, their are many who will get jealous and try to tear you apart from advancing in the company. It’s not a place to just come in and do your job. You have to get accepted by everyone you work with if you want to fit in to work. Pay is low to begin with
3,0
Productive and Busy workplace with benefits
CONSUMER SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Canton, MA29 December 2019
Lots of work and cross training and events for employees. Managers do a good job of defusing pressure from higher ups. Room for growth. Mainly routine testing with projects sprinkled in.
Horrible
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, IL11 December 2019
The management is cut throat . It’s a good ole boys club . They already ya e their favorites so if you’re not willing to kiss an unbelievable amount of a.ss then you won’t climb the ranks
Great for Engineers
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CA9 December 2019
UL as a company is extremely impressive. Even as a large, international company, you get the feeling that UL truly cares about its employees and treats them fairly. The benefits are good and UL feels like an ethical corporation. I don’t have anything negative to say about the company. My position was not a personality fit for me. The pace was a little slower than I liked and often found myself creating tasks for myself during slow time.
4,0
Muy buen ambiente de trabajo
Excelente ambiente de trabajo y aplicacion de las politicas de etica y vision de la empresa
5,0
ambiente di lavoro competitivo ma anche stimolante che permette di implementare conoscenze in abiti pur non affini al titolo di studio
Assistente di laboratorio (Current Employee) –  Cabiate, Lombardia10 November 2019
In questo settore, non affine al marketing o alla grafica, svolgo il ruolo d’assistente di laboratorio occupandomi della preparazione di campioni da sottoporre agli analisti per verificarne conformità ed assenza di sostanze dannose. Questa è un'esperienza che mi ha permesso di lavorare con aziende importanti e di fare parte di un gruppo di persone con competenze diverse e multiculturale. Ho incrementato la capacità di lavorare in ambiti eterogenei ed ho svulippato ulteriormente, la capacità di lavorare sia in autonomia che a stretto contatto con altri. Mi sono sempre relazionato con i colleghi ed i diversi reparti per il raggiungimento sia di obiettivi comuni che individuali. Una mansione che prevede: precisione, manualità, spirito d’osservazione, lavoro di squadra e costante aggiornamento.Ad oggi mi piacerebbe mettere in pratica quanto appreso a livello personale ed esperienziale in imprese o multinazionali all'interno di realtà più affini al settore marketing.
5,0
Great work environment and opportunity to grow
Manager, Principal Engineers (Former Employee) –  Melville, NY9 October 2019
I was employed at UL for nearly 45 years and looked forward to going to work each and every day. Management is very supportive of the employees and their career growth. They truly empower the staff. I was quite fortunate and traveled globally for nearly all of my career.
Pros
Empowerment
Cons
Most positions require quite a bit of travel.
Solid Company
Insight Global Contract (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, IL3 October 2019
Great place to work, good people, nice environment. Learned a lot and was amongst hard-working, dedicate fellow employees. The admin assistant was mean, but that was it.
Great company
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Rogers, AR24 September 2019
Great company to work for. They promote within. The hours are very good and always have plenty of work to do. I recommend this company to anyone. Location of labs is great as well.
Customer Service Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Camas, WA22 September 2019
Love working there. There are some great people and opportunities to get envolved with the community.

Management is very understanding and flexible with scheduling and job tasks.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
OT Availability
Stressful environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Europe22 September 2019
no balance between personal and work life. No career opportunities
5,0
Senior Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, IL21 September 2019
Overall great place to work, and mostly friendly people. Good benefits, and managers will listen to problems. No one feels like their opinion is just thrown away. Just left to go back to school.
4,0
a good company to work for
Project Engineer/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Novi, MI20 September 2019
knowing that going to work everyday can make a difference in someone's life out there is an achievement for me. I want to keep doing what i am doing and do the best i can.
Great co-workers
Collection Analyst (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, IL18 September 2019
Company too top heavy. A lot of managers making decision about policies or procedures they have no clue about. They prefer to go outside company to hire.
Pros
on site health club and ability to work remotely
Cons
no advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Underwriters Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.

3,7