Unilever Employee Reviews

Found 316 reviews matching the search See all 5 881 reviews
Exciting moments
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape2 May 2019
Its nice to work at Unilever but the thing is, how long are you going to be a merchandiser and pack shelves everyday? It takes a lot of time to get to management. I mean you can do your drivers license and finish it while you are still a merchandiser and no one will notice you. I am still a merchandiser but am tired of packing shelves now. I am currently busy with my drivers license. Then I will go.
Pros
Free lunches
Was a great expreince
Field Marketer (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal19 April 2019
Fantastic opportunity great experience gained also motivated to grow in the business I always push went that extra miles loved working for the company
Pros
Had the oppertunity to be a team leader
Cons
Went over and above on what was requied
Productive and fun workplace
Universal Operator (Current Employee) –  eThekwini, KwaZulu-Natal8 April 2019
It's a good workplace, the workload is manageable. Friendly work environment. Personal Development is more crucial. Team players are most important in this field
Technical Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gauteng, Gauteng5 April 2019
Enjoyed life with Unilever, times were tough but honest and quantifiable. I gained many experiences that i sift through now and again that helps me to this day !
Pros
The People
1,0
Unilever is a diverse company with lots of potential and room for growth
Merchandiser/Field Marketer (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape2 April 2019
Dont kake promises that cannot be kept and also dont promote or state promotion to your employees but do not pay the necessary momeys owed to them.improve on ur regional managers to always communicate more infficently.
Pros
Experimenting new ice creams at meetings that launched
Cons
Unexpected hours to build condolers in other stores
Great Work Environment
Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg31 March 2019
Unilever prides itself in ensuring they provide employees with a safe work place culture, & development focused working environment that has the employee at the core of it's mission.
4,0
Quite nice industry when working customers/clients
field marketer (Current Employee) –  Bloemfontein, Free State14 March 2019
Retail is good when working with sales and people,but would like to explore.Get to deliver good service and meet new people.Have alot of challenges and explore alot.
Cons
Normal hours. No public holidays for me to work, but dont mind
Family Culture
Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Durban11 March 2019
Unilever has a very close work culture with lots of coaching and life lessons, everyone looks out for each other with safety being the greatest concern. Safety Comes First!
Fast Pace environment
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal5 March 2019
Unilever Channel management it a retail department, we were working under various retail stoers like pnp, checkers, spar etc. Unilever was a good company indeed we were studying a lot about retail itself.
Fun workplace.
Junior Researcher (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal8 February 2019
Most of the work was performed away from unilever, at the laboratories of DUT, in conjunction with enactus. We worked supervised by a process engineer.
Fun Environment
HR Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Boksburg6 February 2019
My typical work day started with a quick meeting with my team especially on a Monday morning to ensure everybody is clear in terms of what was required in that week.
Review the previous week's performance regarding attendance, overtime and the costs related to these, Ensure that all managers receive their reports and they have done their part in managing these aspects.
Always touched base with union leaders to ensure that there are no IR issues that may impact on production.
Do daily factory walks with my team once a week.

What i learnt from this environment is the importance of stakeholder engagement. The environment is highly unionised and therefore one cannot wish the labor representatives away.
The environment was highly pressurized and work/life balance was a challenge
Pros
The size of the organisation and prospects for advancement
Cons
Work/life balance
stressfull but nice
Field marketer (Former Employee) –  Worcester, ZA2 February 2019
Placing orders and helping customers do their shopping and making deals with store mnagers to increase my foward share and make more sales for my company.
This job has taught me alot on how to work under pressure and deal with difficult customers.
My manager is such a nice person who has great management skills and who always encourages me to do more.
Me and my colleagues work as a team,we treat each other with respect,as their senior they do not undermine my authority.
Meeting targets on time tends to be the hardest part of my job as some of the objectives at store level are beyond my control.
Having satisfied all my suppliers at the end of the day makes me enjoy my job...
Pros
when you have meetings
Cons
bad treatment by store management
a very competitive enviroment
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  SOUTH AFRICA31 January 2019
Culture allows you to always advance is skill and knowledge .
management across different functions allows for mentorship in different levels of your career
Pros
Staff shop, Excellent canteen best medical aid and pension fund
Excellent Company to work for
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Umhlanga, KwaZulu-Natal28 January 2019
Great culture. Ongoing training, planning and goal setting. Great technology and really Sales and Marketting Driven. Professional and so much fun and creative people.
Pros
Canteen
4,0
Is the availability of product for the exchange of value
Field sales (Former Employee) –  La Lucia, KwaZulu-Natal24 January 2019
The company come up with a plan which called Unilever project wave. Bt it seems like the company failed to exceed' most of employees were retrenched and came to an end
Pros
Meals for Everyone
Cons
Plenty of work with a short period of time
Fun workplace
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal19 January 2019
Good company with different kind of people working for the same company learning new thing everyday which makes us learn more so it will be easier for us to communicate with other language's.
Friendly
general job (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal12 January 2019
I won't say much about unilever because I worked there only six months but I really enjoyed to worked there
Staff was verry friendly that all I can say
Pros
Not at all
Cons
I don't know
4,0
A great place to learn and grow in your career
QUALITY IN-SERVICE TRAINEE (Former Employee) –  Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal1 January 2019
A great company to work for overall. Great salary, and benefits. Overtime as 12 hour shifts on the weekend. 5 days of work a week. Lots to learn from the company with training.
Pros
Working hours and conditions were good
The best employer
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Boksburg, Gauteng24 December 2018
The best company I have worked for in my career. The culture is perfect. Development is great. The best place for you to start your career as an Engineer. I learnt a lot there. they taught me everything that i know today. I also traveled the world there. People comes first in Unilever.
1,0
Flexible
Field Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng28 November 2018
I walk to spaza shops and take orders for Unilever products, i work around soweto and it gets dangerous and i have to spend 15 minutes at a store chatting to the customer
Pros
Big company
Cons
Dangerous