Unitrans Employee Reviews

1,0
Productive and workin place
Leanership for driving code 14 (Former Employee) –  South africa2 October 2019
It typical day needs to put more effort on what you doing ,and be vigilant at all times ,be brave stick to the time ,I've learnt to work with the team,to work on your own and take decisions if possible,management is there to make a plan and take decisions and work with zero harm at all times.
Pros
Full benefit coverage
4,0
The hardest part of the job.
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West17 September 2019
This is a very stable and big company to work for. The hardest part of the job is to get promoted when you proof yourself almost everyday. Long hours make the salary worth it, but only for so long.
Productive and very Proffesional
Checker (Former Employee) –  Western Cape25 August 2019
Great Company to work for
Management is Excellent
Hours is convenient
Protective clothing is comfortable
Salary is always on time
Benefits is good
Good environment to work in
Good work colleagues
Learning the work was a new experience
Pros
Free beveregas
Cons
Retrenchment
Good all round
Bvo (Current Employee) –  Tota waltloo28 July 2019
Flexibility needed interms of doing delivery so that workers will feel very comfortable to perform there duty without fear of making mistakes so management must allow them to show how they can manage there work without interference
Im verry productive
forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Worcester, Western Cape24 July 2019
I'm a good worker and hard working honest love working with people and in joy my job I tink on my feet and work good under pressure and olways on time
Cons
Im use to work long hours
5,0
Great environment to work.
code 14 driver (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal4 June 2019
It was a great 9 years at Unitrans I feel like I need to challenge myself and try other companies. I have learnt a lot and I have a clean record and collected many certificates.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Weekend shifts
Productive and fun workplace
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Ladysmith, Driefontein19 April 2019
My first day at work i fee comfortable and enjoy a task that were given at that time in order to be productive. I learn about the job and how must behave at a workplace. The management is strictly manage the job quite and enjoyable
Pros
Free lunches
No extra
Shift foreman (Former Employee) –  Mooinooi, North West31 March 2019
Was working verry long hours without any extra compensations and no overtimes, employees with a lover salary rate where getting overtime paid and more money than their senior
Pros
Cons
Verry long hours
Company Culture
HR HUB Manager (Current Employee) –  Gauteng20 March 2019
Unitrans has a wonderful Company culture that is warm and caring. I have learned a lot form my bosses each different one I had through out the years .
Cons
Retrenchement
2,0
No employee development
Admin Supervisor (Former Employee) –  GP6 February 2019
I worked there for over 10 years. Salary was good however, management isnt interested in developing their employees. While their succession planning is basically none existant, they tend to be very restrictive in mentorship and human development.

A company as big as this mustvhave an inhouse development program as their our of work are jot starndard.

Their line of reporting is also not structured thoroughly and that alone tends to cause friction between employees and their managers.
Pros
Salary is a tad above market place
Cons
Long hours, no life, overtime worked is not paid though you are required to work overtime work frequently, Managers can be biased towards employees notnto mention misleading.
4,0
It was a place where I learnt so much about business and management.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal11 January 2019
I was open to a lot of work challenges that were placed to motivate and encourage me to push beyond.
It was a very warm,friendly environment to work at, yes there were people who were challenging but I learnt how to deal with hard around,in a diplomatic manner.
Our Management was very supportive and hard to work with but I'm grateful for meeting up with that challenge because I'm a better person today because of it.

Preparing for Audits was the most part I enjoyed in my job,because that's where I could prove myself and my diligent work.
Pros
they wanted you to be independent and think on your own.
Cons
I was not permanent.
4,0
Top down policies and procedures
Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  Matsapha29 November 2018
All systems and procedures are top down and does not give room for creativity from bottom. Subsidiaries are not part of strategic plan. Image is excellent and a preferred employer of choice.
Pros
They develop a seasoned manager
Cons
24/7 responsibility
Fun works place
SHEQ Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gauteng15 November 2018
huge company to work for with many Good people, positive workforce, High level of commitment, energetic staff, supported HR function..........................................
5,0
Good company to work for - plenty of growth potential
Health and Safety Representative (Former Employee) –  Contracts Supervisor6 November 2018
Unitrans is a great company to work for , there is plenty of growth opperturnities .The employer adheres to very strict policies and work ethics and is a recognised brand in the trucking industry.
Pros
plenty of on the job training
Cons
an industry that never sleeps
productive
ultra havy dutie driver (Former Employee) –  gauteng20 September 2018
No tips working properly .overtime .nomall.owers paid proper.working hader to productive the company.the company also productive me .benefit bonuses a
Pros
free lunch no our taken
Cons
yes long ours
Product must be goods
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal23 June 2018
I samukelisiwe try to all my best our products are always on point because I need more customers to continue to buying our product.we need more customers to buy our products as a supplier
Pros
My own lunch
Cons
Extra hours
5,0
Work as a team, work as a supervisor,forklift driver ,good relationship with the employers
Supervisor forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Western Cape worcester13 June 2018
Me start at unitrans for 10years ,was great too work at unitrans .i was general worker for long time and ,i work what i become there at unitrans.was. at unitrans we work with raw materail too make feed for animals.We off load trucks with diffrent raw material.We have lot of silos there we keep the feed safe .We do railshunting also train trucks that we shunt too be make empty by geneal workers.safety in work place is first piority.We also have train shunters who shunt the train trucks.
Pros
Morning shift starts 06hoo_14h00 and 14h00_23h00
Cons
Day shift 8hours and afternoon shift 9hours
3,0
The job we do is more dangerous and has long hours
Eme operator (front end loader cat 990) (Current Employee) –  Port Shepstone, KwaZulu-Natal23 May 2018
Where we work is dangerous but safety is a first priority but sometimes our management don't think about our safety when they want their target so we sometimes work under that pressure and the sad part when we've done a great job no one even say anything
Pros
Supply us with things for tea
Cons
Sometimes 12 hour shift
4,0
what i excpect from myself on a day of work
sales executive (Current Employee) –  East London, Eastern Cape26 April 2018
a day at work needs to be rewarding and productive. I encourage myself to stay motivated as that way I will always do my best and succeed at what I do. im driven to make a difference & be noticed so I can grow in a company...
Not a friendly workplace
Bookkeeper, Debtors, Creditors, Cashbook (Former Employee) –  Gauteng27 March 2018
Most enjoyable is working with the customers resolving issues.

Typical day - checking times sheets, invoicing, customer care, organizing functions, debt collecting,

Hardest part is working with people that does not take responsibility for their actions.

Unfortunately their is to much time spend on an problem instead of find out why this occurred and how to fix and prevent.
Pros
Learned a lot on how to handle staff and to motivate them
Cons
Issues don't get resolved.