Unitrans Management reviews

1,0
Productive and workin place
Leanership for driving code 14 (Former Employee) –  South africa2 October 2019
It typical day needs to put more effort on what you doing ,and be vigilant at all times ,be brave stick to the time ,I've learnt to work with the team,to work on your own and take decisions if possible,management is there to make a plan and take decisions and work with zero harm at all times.
Pros
Full benefit coverage
Productive and very Proffesional
Checker (Former Employee) –  Western Cape25 August 2019
Great Company to work for
Management is Excellent
Hours is convenient
Protective clothing is comfortable
Salary is always on time
Benefits is good
Good environment to work in
Good work colleagues
Learning the work was a new experience
Pros
Free beveregas
Cons
Retrenchment
Good all round
Bvo (Current Employee) –  Tota waltloo28 July 2019
Flexibility needed interms of doing delivery so that workers will feel very comfortable to perform there duty without fear of making mistakes so management must allow them to show how they can manage there work without interference
Productive and fun workplace
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Ladysmith, Driefontein19 April 2019
My first day at work i fee comfortable and enjoy a task that were given at that time in order to be productive. I learn about the job and how must behave at a workplace. The management is strictly manage the job quite and enjoyable
Pros
Free lunches
2,0
No employee development
Admin Supervisor (Former Employee) –  GP6 February 2019
I worked there for over 10 years. Salary was good however, management isnt interested in developing their employees. While their succession planning is basically none existant, they tend to be very restrictive in mentorship and human development.

A company as big as this mustvhave an inhouse development program as their our of work are jot starndard.

Their line of reporting is also not structured thoroughly and that alone tends to cause friction between employees and their managers.
Pros
Salary is a tad above market place
Cons
Long hours, no life, overtime worked is not paid though you are required to work overtime work frequently, Managers can be biased towards employees notnto mention misleading.
3,0
The job we do is more dangerous and has long hours
Eme operator (front end loader cat 990) (Current Employee) –  Port Shepstone, KwaZulu-Natal23 May 2018
Where we work is dangerous but safety is a first priority but sometimes our management don't think about our safety when they want their target so we sometimes work under that pressure and the sad part when we've done a great job no one even say anything
Pros
Supply us with things for tea
Cons
Sometimes 12 hour shift
2,0
Good working enviroment and co workers
TRUCK ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Thornhill eastern cape16 March 2018
Its a good job my first experience ive learn alot and management is perfect .enjoyed the end of year parties where we all eat together as one.
but it was time in my life for something bigger
Fun to work
Call Centre Agent Inbound (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng27 October 2017
This company was great, a typical day would start with handling clients telephonically who would be frustrated. Being able to assist them was the peak of the day. The management team was great, they would organize workshops to encourage good team work. The hardest part was trying to calm a client , on the flipside the most enjoyable part was being able to assist.
productive, busy, intense, fun
SHEQ Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Alberton, Gauteng28 September 2017
the workplace is busy and intense, it is a lot of pressure and working with customers as customer care. management is strict but fair and allow one room to grow further oneself. they encourage it. hardest pet of the job is trying to keep customers happy and trying to provide a good service, the good part of the job is having a satisfied and grateful customer at the end of the day.
4,0
Unitrans is a big company and it was fun working there
driver code 14 (Former Employee) –  Gauteng19 July 2017
working at Unitrans was good, they have flaxible working hours, time management was essential, management was able to communicate with us on a regular basis
5,0
Best co I've ever worked for
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng30 March 2017
A Typical day would consist of :
• Overseeing Debtors, Creditors and Cashbook Clerks
• Daily Cashflow reports
• Compiled and prepared detailed financial statements, management reports and journal entries.
Pros
Excellent co
Unitrans
Qualified Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal26 February 2017
Unitrans is an equal opportunity employer.

No compromise for safely.

The use of stop work authority is always enforced and continuous safety focus - tool box talks, meetings, and courses. This keeps all staff informed and aware.

Communication is key, in understanding the link between Operations, Maintenance and the Vehicle Operator.

Worked a 45 hour week and worked weekends once a month.

Most enjoyable part of the job, was working in a team, people would assist, and work towards a common goal.

Unitrans believed in continuous learning and ensured all were continuously updated on vehicle maintenance and safety.

Management played an important role in understanding the planning of the fleet to be maintained ongoing, thereby assisting the maintenance depot to reach their goal monthly.
5,0
productive and fun working place
Driver (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal8 February 2017
Employees rights waz equal to the employers rights and benefits, salary was good and working hours wit nice paying overtime.
I obtained more certificates and training, the communicatin between staff and management waz very good and profesional,
Review of employees nef was correct which made us happier to deliver and reach the goals of unitrans company
Pros
free lunches
Driver 14 DGP
respect and work under pressure (Current Employee) –  KwaZulu-Natal7 December 2016
I'm good man and I respect any one also good knowledge , I'm fit , work under pressure and overtime , good communication , speaking English talk with cell phones and must follow the rules for company
Pros
Cons
overtime
A well run organisation
Rigid Vehicle Driver Trainee (Former Employee) –  Kwazulu Natal17 August 2016
I worked long hours to which i received overtime for. I learned the value of time management and how to handle stressful situations.

Management was on the ball and i enjoyed being with my co-workers at work and sometimes after hours I made lots of friends because most of them were easy to get along with and very helpful.

The hardest part of my job was being away from my family. The most enjoyable part was seeing all part of South Africa and experiencing new places
Pros
friendly staff
Great learning environment
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg North, Gauteng19 June 2016
Great exposure for someone getting into the working world.

Management cares about the employees.Great salary and benefits.
fun and enjoyable
Contract Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Witbank, Mpumalanga19 January 2016
good start for my career and very excellent management styles with good leadership skills and who care about employee wellness
Pros
nothing for free
Cons
normal working hours
stable and harmonised workplace
Fleet Controller (Former Employee) –  Burgersfort, LP4 July 2015
Suppotive management structure and great company to work for..Succesion plan for employees very good.

High but attainable working standards
Pros
Supportive management
Cons
excessive travelling but you get used to it
Good place
Admin Clerk (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP30 June 2015
It is a good environment for learning and growing.
The leaders are open to suggestions on improvement.
Can be very hectic on some days.
The people may bud heads a lot, but come back and create a fun environment for themselves.
The management then, could use a few pointers on working well with their teams.
Overall a decent place
4,0
Work and play: all part of the day
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Sandton, GP23 April 2015
Being a morning person, I like to start my day as early as possible. I get to work at 6 (even though my hours are from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm) mainly to avoid the morning rush of traffic. I start as soon as I get into the office with my printouts and daily journals, etc. Then, I start with my list of things to do for the day and socialize with my colleagues to build better working relationships because it is important. During my time here at Unitrans, I have worked in many departments and tried to assist everyone in order to learn how the different functions within Finance fit together. The relationship between management and staff is as good as one can expect in a large corporate company. We are very sociable at Unitrans and getting to know one another is promoted through monthly socials that happen on the premises. The hardest part of my job is definately a lack of communication relating to important parts of our working environment. The most enjoyable part of my job is the learning. Knowledge is definately power and I love knowing how all the pieces of the puzzle fit together.
Pros
Awesome work environment.
Cons
Communication