Unitrans Supply Chain Solutions Employee Reviews

Work as a team, work as a supervisor,forklift driver ,good relationship with the employers
Supervisor forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Western Cape worcester13 June 2018
Me start at unitrans for 10years ,was great too work at unitrans .i was general worker for long time and ,i work what i become there at unitrans.was. at unitrans we work with raw materail too make feed for animals.We off load trucks with diffrent raw material.We have lot of silos there we keep the feed safe .We do railshunting also train trucks that we shunt too be make empty by geneal workers.safety in work place is first piority.We also have train shunters who shunt the train trucks.
Pros
Morning shift starts 06hoo_14h00 and 14h00_23h00
Cons
Day shift 8hours and afternoon shift 9hours
The job we do is more dangerous and has long hours
Eme operator (front end loader cat 990) (Current Employee) –  Port Shepstone, KwaZulu-Natal23 May 2018
Where we work is dangerous but safety is a first priority but sometimes our management don't think about our safety when they want their target so we sometimes work under that pressure and the sad part when we've done a great job no one even say anything
Pros
Supply us with things for tea
Cons
Sometimes 12 hour shift
Everytime after using it left it clean
general worker (Former Employee) –  Durban8 December 2017
Everything in the sight must be up to the date
Supply to the customer at an early time
Making sure nobody will complain about unitrans
Each and every Labour of the company must be early 30min before starting work.
Pros
Tea and lunch
Cons
Over time
great work place to work at.
truck checker, yard management (Former Employee) –  edenvale28 September 2017
Mostly when you are focused and serious on your work you will enjoy unitrans work and company cause is all about being do your job properly and perfectly.
Pros
cheapest lunches
Cons
normal long hours.
Lots of respect between colleauges
general worker (Former Employee) –  Worcester, Western Cape18 July 2017
Unitrans is one of the best companies which doesn't chose by race in work place, treats every employee equally, strive to improve other peoples lives, there are learnership for drivers given every year.
Pros
Anytime of the day
Cons
Long hour as 9 hours per day
Productive, fun and development environment.
Bulk Vehicle Operator (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng2 June 2017
I'm young reliable candidate, hard working and willing to learn. A chance in development is one of my priorities. Also willing to relocate within the boarders of the country.
Productive and growth within the company
Fleet Controller (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape6 May 2017
I am a hard working young lady who have more than 8years experience in various field of work (refer to my cv)all I require is a company that will allow me to explore my talent,skills and experience I have in good use.
Pros
Flexible
enjoyeble emviroment
Fleet Controller (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape21 April 2017
Unitrans is a very good company and they take care of their employees,reason why im currently applying for this job its becouse i wanna relocate and go back to my home province(Eastern Cape).

Good company
driver code 10 (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape11 April 2017
I had a good time with the company,got along with everyone ,I did delivery everywhere long distance and locally. I can safely say the company was good
Pros
Free lunch yes was given
Driver 14 DGP
respect and work under pressure (Current Employee) –  KwaZulu-Natal7 December 2016
I'm good man and I respect any one also good knowledge , I'm fit , work under pressure and overtime , good communication , speaking English talk with cell phones and must follow the rules for company
Pros
Cons
overtime
Good working environment
ADMINISTRATION CLERK (Former Employee) –  Durban, ZN24 March 2015
It was a normal working day. The environment is friendly. The colleagues were easy to interact with. The best part of my job was learning something new everyday. Being under pressure everyday is very stressfull, however it makes you become a stronger person and enables you to become more hands on with difficult tasks.
Pros
Full lunch hour
Cons
Being under pressure
My workplace
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP11 August 2014
My day start by checking my truck for faults and thereafter i report to my supervisor any faults i find to him.if all clear he assigns me a job to do.the job is very enjoyable but sometimes traffic jams,low salary and unpredictable work related changes make it hard to cope.as a truck driver i have learned to be patient and adapt to long hours i'm supposed to work.
Pros
good rest intervals
Cons
low salary
Good company
Code 14 driver (DGP) (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, WC11 December 2013
Was proud of what I was doing,used to get along with my co-workers
Challenging and interesting, everyday has something new
Contracts Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Durban, ZN4 November 2013
Working in operations in a transport entity comes with different activities and challenges everyday, it always keeps you on your toes.I've learnt a lot in terms of cultural diversity and managing people. My management and co-workers are very supportive,as we have no choice but to work as a team to achieve company goals.the most difficult part of the job is trying to convince people in order to avoid work stoppages in times of disagreements. It is always fun for an explorer to wor in an environment where you learn new things everyday.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Work does'nt stop when the day is over
Great company and industry
Contract Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rustenburg, NW13 August 2013
Motivated to come to work on a daily basis
Have gained alot of insight and understanding of the transport industry
Interactive and engaging style of management motivates employees to productiveness
Co-workers are normally receptive but hint of reservation iro race due to location of contract
Hardest part of job is to satisfy client all the time
Involvement and learning as well as the relaxed atmosphere to work in
Pros
relaxed working atmosphere
Cons
company benefits, eg. no medical aid, housing, etc
productive and fun workplace
dispatcher (Current Employee) –  durban9 May 2013
hard day because of pressure from npc sales as well as customers when the deliveries are late.customers always wants to get their loads before schedule time and they will shout at you but all you need is to stay calm and explain to him why he can not get his loads before the schedule time.i have learnt that communicatoin is the key to peform well.management need as much loads being delivered as possible,if not theremust be valuable reasons,like vehicles breakdown which is being reported soon as it happens.drivers they delay want to delay trucks so a tracking system is helping to monitor every move of them and contact them if it is needed.it is hard when everybody[customers] wants you to assits him at one time.after all that i enjoy the day when everything goes smooth,without vehicle breakdown or plant breakdowns and have finished my day's loads