University of Johannesburg Employee Reviews

Student Assistant
Student assistant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng22 November 2019
I was awarded a bursary to complete my studies and then was volunteering as my payment. They gave me the best exposure one can ever wish especially that it was my first job.
4,0
Hood people, always willing to help
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Auckland Park, Gauteng22 November 2019
If you looking for improvement, UJ is a good place to start. It is a great working experience and fun, the place is full of good people and the site is always clean and everyone wants to help
Inclusive working environment
Tutoring (Current Employee) –  University of Johannesburg, Gauteng16 November 2019
I really enjoy working here because I have met people who makes my work very easy. I found students who are very active and who know what they are doing at school.
5,0
The University of Johannesburg is a really good University.
Business Information Technology Sudent (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng13 November 2019
From the University of Johannesburg, I got the opportunity to develop most of my essential IT skills that have helped me navigate the start of my career.
2,0
Stressful and difficult place to work
Sport Scientist (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg12 November 2019
In this specific job role, you are only offered one year contracts. Due to this there is absolutely no job security whatsoever. Due to this being a year-to-year contract there are no benefits associated with this job. The salary does not cover cost of living in this area,
Interesting summary review
Administrator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Doornfontein, Gauteng11 November 2019
The previous company I worked for was eye opening and challenging in a good way, I learned a lot from them and would recommend others to work there. My boss was very helpful, polite and fair.
5,0
Productive and workplace for growth
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng5 November 2019
The University of Johannesburg is a workplace for growth academically and personally as well. It is a fun place to be at. I learned a lot from the University of Johannesburg.
Productive and Fun
Resident Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Doornfontein Campus, Gauteng3 November 2019
The environment was relaxed. I learned at alot about many individuals and leadership. Everyday challenges made it more interesting and the team work was what made it more fun.
Not really prpoductive
Residence Academic Officer (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng1 November 2019
Working at university of johannesburg was not really productive because I did not have much work to do. Assisting first years was not really good because some of the did not want any assistance from their residence academic officers.
Productive and fun workplace
Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng31 October 2019
University of Johannesburg is a big organisation whereby it requires a lot of energy and you need to apply technical skills as you will be working with different problems and students everyday
3,0
Productive and good learning curve.
3D Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng30 October 2019
Management is fair and the students are not any trouble. A good working environment with a friendly atmosphere. You are not micro-managed and if you do your job you should have no worries.
Great workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  DFC25 October 2019
Engage with students day to day, It was a great experience to deal with problems related to academics and being able to solve them. It is great space to work at.

Management doesn't stress you about a lot of stuff. You work on your pace based on students' request.
Pros
nice working hours.
Cons
dealing with politics from staff and students
4,0
It was a fun working environment.
Usher and Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng22 October 2019
I used to work with advertising events that will taking place at the UJ campus, the fun part was ushering guests into the venue un the days of the events and you always had to put up a smile in your face.
5,0
working hard and playing hard.
Assisting students (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng22 October 2019
Tutoring and assisting on the labs
To work with different people from different background.
Diversified.
Having to deal with difficult students.
You get to work with studen.
Challenging
Student project manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng21 October 2019
Great place to study. It was mostly challenging having to adjust to a 9-5 as a student. Work environment was mostly tense as deadlines always had to be met.
3,0
was a nice place to work
Student Tutor and Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng12 October 2019
was a nice place to work. people and staff was friendly.
the work was easy and i would juggle my work and studies easily.
there was a sense of team work and collaboration.
5,0
It has been a good exposure to be part of the UJ organisation as a student assistant. The work is flexible, you can do your schoolwork while working.
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland Park Kingsway Campus, Gauteng10 October 2019
UJ taught me to work well under pressure and I do enjoy the work I am doing more especially when it comes to being flexible. UJ allows us, students, to work while studying, which teaches us to juggle between work and studies.
5,0
I had fun collaborating with different academic disciplines.
Student (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng9 October 2019
Collaborating with different with different academic disciplines in the faculty was a good learning experience. Creating an artefact, product or sculpture made from E-WASTE to show what the future holds required me to be creative and work in groups with other students. This collaborative project required good communication skills and to be able to work well with other people as a team.
Procurement Buyer (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng3 October 2019
Day to day work is fun.
I have learned to manage suppliers and project.
The management is good
The workplace culture is quite exciting
The hardest part of the Job is the staff working with.
Dealing with suppliers and evaluating the projects
Pros
No free Lunches
Cons
Normal working hours
5,0
Productive and conducive work enviroment
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Auckland Park, Gauteng1 October 2019
The work environment was a great one. It required discipline and excellent time management. One had to prepare daily for each class and had to be able to assist students with any challenges that they encountered. As a tutor I also had to identify students that were facing any difficulties and assist them accordingly. Overall it was an amazing experience and I learnt a lot from it.