University of Kwazulu-Natal Employee Reviews

fair and fun
Student Registration Assistance (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal19 January 2020
Working fair hours according to the contract agreement and payment. Great workplace culture and a fun working environment to be around. consists of the most honourable management.
4,0
Productive and team spirited workplace.
Postdoctoral Researcher (Current Employee) –  ZA12 January 2020
I am working as a postdoctoral researcher. We collaboratively work on postharvest fruit and vegetable packaging (postharvest and food Engineering) at the department of Agricultural Engineering, University of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
Great workplace
This is the place I have most of the skills I have today. It has a great teaching and learning environment. The most enjoyable part of my job was to work with different people under different situations.
Overstayers make work challenging
Administration (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal18 December 2019
Too many people who belive that change is a bad thing and very few people are able (and willing) to have difficult conversations about behaviour and performance.
It is otherwise a great environment to work in if you are love to learn. There are experts in so many fields that you can learn from.
Pros
No need to work after hours
Cons
Very little trust amongst colleagues
Productive and fun
Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal17 December 2019
Working at University of KwaZulu Natal was rewarding. There is a lot of room to allow people grow and maximize their potential. Salaries are also paid on time so workers are not stressed up financially. the management is very effective and they have a great workplace culture.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Great changes
Class representative Bachelor (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal17 December 2019
Starting my student life at ukzn, has changed me considerably for the best. The year of myself being the class representative has matured me in ways in which I can only demonstrate.
Team work with callueagues
Postdoctoral Researcher (Current Employee) –  ZA17 December 2019
We work in team spirit and collaboration at UKZN with both staff and students. I enjoyed my work here at UNZN in publishing, presenting and a showcase of the research outputs to scientific community and stakeholders.
Good experience
Academic Tutor and Lab Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal15 December 2019
I had a good experience working at UKZN. The working environment was a healthy one and conducive for me to perform at the utmost best of my abilities.
Great place to work at
Environmental Management Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal28 November 2019
Ukzn has a lovely environment, a great culture and wodernful staff who help in one's skills growth and offers a great place to grow your academic skills while helping others.
Fun workplace and informative
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal27 November 2019
The demonstration takes 3 hours, with a class of about 40 -50 students. I learned more programming problems that were asked by students.i learned advanced c++, HTML, javascript, java , asp.net as I was helping students with programming business systems.
Productive and incite-full
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal17 November 2019
Research and lab work were the main focus. The fields of study was researched extensively and the theory from the literature was applied in the laboratory.
Collaborative and productive
Academic Tutor (Current Employee) –  University of kwazulu natal13 November 2019
I gained a lots of experience, being an academic tutor while studying thought to work under pressure. My colleagues were very helpful, we worked great.
Not bad
Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal13 November 2019
Just some nice experience and very informative one. So if you’re looking for experience it’s best to apply at University of KwaZulu-Natal for Demonstrating positions
Great learning experience
Mentor and tutor (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal10 November 2019
The organisation provided extensive support to tutors and also assisted us in areas of difficulty. Very challenging as I was a student too but very rewarding.
Overall a good workplace
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westville, KwaZulu-Natal5 November 2019
UKZN has its ups and downs.
Your growth and development is based on who you work under and/ or mentored by. Some staff do not like to share their knowledge or assist, whereas others do so freely.
Productive work environment
It was quiet interesting working for them. Even though I worked part time, pay was not bad at all considering that I was working 2 days a month. Working for this institution was very enriching and it improved my teaching skills.
Productive, Fun and Exciting
SI leaders are Assistant Tutors who facilitate and formalize student Discussion Groups for Productivity and Effective Learning. Engaging well with students to work in teams.
Experiential development place
House Committee Chair (Former Employee) –  Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal21 September 2019
University of KwaZulu-Natal is one of the exciting institutions i have experienced. within the space, i am growing on daily basis in terms of knowledge, skills & behavior.
Intellectually stimulating environment
Economics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal4 September 2019
- The company has a good program of integrating its own students into employment. However, Empowerment of employees is only for that of permanent staff.

- I developed so much a researcher, and it allowed me to shape my report writing skills. Thought provoking and always made you think outside the box. Data collection and analysis was the norm.

- What I learned is better communication, being able to explain a curtain thing in different ways to accommodate everyone. Time management is also one of the thing I learned since I had to organize sessions for them and be the first person in the venue.

- The work has also enabled me to work not only with people, but to be accommodating of various personalities as well adaptive of peculiar situations. It has also taught me accountability as the work I did was also directly correlated to someone else's livelihood.
Productive and fun workplace
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal21 August 2019
Advanced Programming & Theory of Computation

Providing assistance for final year undergraduate students with programming and computer science related questions using software programming tools for Java and python.Assisting during practical session