University of Kwazulu-Natal

University of Kwazulu-Natal Employee Reviews

South Africa274 reviews
5,0
I am currently serving as an SRC member for two consecutive terms. It is voluntary and absolutely a beautiful journey for oneself's experience and working with different departments.

In most cases, you learn to manage both your school work and your SRC duties which sometimes require one to be a crisis manager and execute yout duties in limited time. All this work is done with no monthly stipend but is the greatest teacher of all time.
5,0
Great working environment with alot of culture awareness, support groups , writting places and professional services
Punctuality is excellent
Communication service is good

Good team work

Career orientated and focused

Enjoyable working environment

Professional and friendly workers
Educational and productive workplace
The University of KwaZulu-Natal provides enough information for the students, in a secured, hygienic and organised environment. This University provides education of higher quality
Great work experience
Always be willing to learn and work your socks off. It's not an easy environment but the other staff is friendly they make sure that you feel comfortable on your work place
Working hours
Working at this company has taught me alot including good communication,Respecting my job and my colleagues,going extra mile for my job.
And the working hours were good
Overall good environment
Loved working with students, I got to expose learners to the field of HR and academic literacy. It was a great experience because its my ultimate goal to lecture
Productive and fun place
It was a great workplace and very productive, I acquired a lot of skills. My supervisor was pleasant to work with including the professors. Time management and the ability to work under pressure was important. I enjoyed doing research and assisting my supervisor in drawing up proposals.
Productive and Fund
A typical day is very tasking with a lot of demand to meet up with. However it is always filled with enjoyable day and fund on the job. I also always learn to be ontop of my job, and be in charge of my job and delievering all the output required.
3,0
Stressful but interesting place to work
Demonstrating requires managing a group of undergraduates students. ost students do not care about their work and this can be frustrating but the few that are hard workers make it worth your time and make you want to be a good tutor just for their sakes.
5,0
Working as a tutor was a very nice experience, we got along very well with my first year students and I enjoyed helping them with the chapters that they did not understand and assignments.
3,0
Good for developing work environment skills and personal growth.
Very stressful work culture. You must be able to work under pressure. Requires good interpersonal, communication, time management, and problem solving skills.
Pros
Developmental
Cons
Stressful
4,0
It had a stressful day where i had to mark 100 scripts for final students in the department of Educational Psychology. I learnt the competence in meeting deadlines. The management encourages team work. The harder past of the job was marking of a lot of scripts and submitting the test scores under pressure.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Short breaks
Competitive and Fun
Great job, you get a chance to work with very smart people and great team effort. I learned a lot about the professional field and working with people(students). It gets very busy during the registration period so you have to assist 300+ students per day, but you kind of enjoy the experience because of the great team effort and the support you get from the senior staff.
Productive and Challenging
Challenging, Good communication, Teamwork, Punctuality and Time management.
Working on a good and safety environment. Communication was very crucial.
3,0
In some areas the package in not adjusted annually following inflation.
Support services must be closely monitored to ensure that they effectively deliver to drive the university's primary goal as a research & innovation hubb.
4,0
A stressful and and very non-transparent
It was a diificult enviroment as staff were not hired on merit and therefore a person had to carry them so that all deadlines can be met timeously.The staff were supposed to do three of 4 jobs, and it was all down to ad-hoc functions and still it was claimed that all KPA;s were not met so no performance bonuses were given.
5,0
Working at University of Kwazulu-Natal is a fantastics experience. It gave me the privilege to develop both my lecturing and research skills. Serving in some organisations also broaden my horizon.
fair and fun
Working fair hours according to the contract agreement and payment. Great workplace culture and a fun working environment to be around. consists of the most honourable management.
A challenging work environment
You can work happily here providing you don’t mind the pressure of completing research whilst engaging in teaching and learning.
Salary will never rival the private sector so go in with eyes wide open on that score. 😐
4,0
Productive and team spirited workplace.
I am working as a postdoctoral researcher. We collaboratively work on postharvest fruit and vegetable packaging (postharvest and food Engineering) at the department of Agricultural Engineering, University of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
Administrative
Organising tournaments for Varsity rugby team, general administration work. I worked with different students and ensuring all the required material, advertisement was done. Liaison with other varsities as well with regards to tournaments.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Kwazulu-Natal. Our community is ready to answer.
3,8