University of South Africa (UNISA)

University of South Africa (UNISA) Employee Reviews

Productive environment
It was pleasant environment. Was challenged a lot and need to be willing to take initiative and be creative. Learnt a lot of skills which will be helpful for future positions
Good work experience
Great company to work for and grow is there within the company. You get to learn new things and how to provide good customer service to client. Management skills on point.
Pros
Promote learning opportunity
Cons
Short contracts
5,0
productive and fun working place
It was a good experience to work with student same at my age. yo learn a lot and you will be able to help them.
love the fact that we have deferent race
Pros
sametime we get free lunch
Cons
long hours on Saturday
Exciting workplace
Lecturing
emails

Online support for student

Meetings

one on one meetings with students

video conference

discussion classes

telephonic consultations

Tutoring
The Best
Best place to work at and good salary. Very professional place to work at dealing with students who are matured and understanding. Salary was the best .
4,0
A challenging yet productive environment
I deal with recruitment, reports, screening, interviews, and onboarding.
I organize meetings and assist the HR advisor as well as managers in their day to day tasks.
5,0
Good work place at unisa
I enjoyed working at unisa and i've gain a lot of experience. I will love to work at unisa again. But with nepotism it's depends who do you know at unisa. Unisa it's highest nepotism in this country.

It's family members company. It's luck luck if you get a job on your own but 80 percent of staff it's family members its 20 percent of normal staff. This is my experience in unisa.

NEPOTISM UNISA
Pros
Cons
Normal hours and overtime
2,0
This institution is a very powerful tool, where you can learn the educational field and the secolar world
Working for Unisa is the most wonderful opportunity I ever had. I really grow from strength to strength and the working experience I gain is a bonus. Working for Unisa really boost my Outlook regarding life. I ve started to work at the information desk, later on I work in the call center, and I was also doing assignments statistics and filing. I really gained a lot of knowledge and working experience. I am a fixed term worker praying to be permanent. Because working is a stepping stone towards my future.
Pros
Free events
Cons
Reasonable hours
Fun work
Working at the university hard work because you deal soo much private documents

I learned to be on time, work under pressure and to meet deadlines
Pros
enjoyed
Cons
7am to 7pm
Productive and organized company
This was my first professional company and I didn't have an idea as to how a Manufacturing company function. I learned a lot about the day to day running of a company and also applying the theories I learned in industrial engineering course practically.
Pros
Free lean manufacturing workshops
A rewarding experience
Unfortunately my experience was limited to only translating one study guide. Due to Afrikaans being removed as language of instruction, opportunities are very limited.
5,0
The place was productive and there was too much to learn
I loved working for the University of South Africa I assisted many students with disadvantageous academic background who are computer illiterate and love working with people more especially assisting them even choosing a suitable qualification I learned more about the Unisa student system at met the Universities top management I set and shared my views on how other issues such as student funding must be addressed working at Unisa is my heritage. The work place culture was greet students with a smile and have a resilient and a welcoming heart.

The Job was not hard but rather too much one can imagine how many students come to register at the University of South Africa and we had to assist all those students. Sad part was when a student could not be admitted because of not qualifying or when a student is academically excluded for non performance those are the sad moments.

The enjoyable part is when you see students that were in despair and you assisted them to excess higher learning and financial aid through applications.
Pros
It was always a pleasure to work at Unisa
Cons
had to balance work with school
3,0
Work Online with +/- 200 students from around and outside South Africa.

Learned how to manage students online and ensure their productive participation in forums in different discussions.
Pros
Support from institution
Cons
Less students partaking during discussions
5,0
I wish to provide service to the community consistent with the mission and vision of the company
A willingness to keep up to date with developments in new technology.
Ability to create and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and customers.
strategic and operational level
My present career aim is to work within IT because I enjoy working with computers, I enjoy the environment and I find the work interesting and satisfying. The opportunity to learn new skills and work with new technologies is particularly attractive to me. I have learnt ability to help identify where changes need to be made in the strategies used by the company and to help implement the necessary changes. I have gained skills to evaluate any requests for changes and to identify any risk associated with the change, in order to determine if the request should be approved or rejected.
Pros
coaching employees through the change process
Cons
implementing change initiative projects
5,0
Professional and ethical work environment
Excellent working environment. Staff is given opportunity to grow academically. Challenging aspect is teaching large classes but students have good manners.
Pros
free medical
Cons
short leaves
Productivity and Management
Working for the University is good experience that I will always treasure as I learned a lot about teamwork and working independent, as well as working under pressure and ensuring that good results or outputs are reached. I learned a lot about assisting customers, being Professional at all times. It was easy approaching management and being open about ideas you want to share and it was motivating.
Pros
working with clients you never stop learning.
Cons
working on weekends
Contractors are not appreciated
Lack of support from management to resolve financial claim process/ queries regarding late or outstanding payments.

Quality of services rendered to students is sometimes of poor standard.
Pros
Part time employment allows for flexibility between work/ family commitments, Mentoring students whom are eager to grow and develop self
Cons
Set curriculum to be completed within short timeframe, Content of workshops is rushed and comprises quality of education.
4,0
Very friendly and close knit family of people who worked very well together towards deadlines and targets.
A typical day at the office would basically start off with a morning meeting to set daily targets and report back on looming deadlines. Processes for the day would involve a multitude of tasks ranging from setting up meetings to dealing with students face to face including the preparation and dissemination of any information gathered through a rigorous administrative process which would end off with filing of documents accordingly. Time management is of utmost importance but what made it worthwhile was the culture of client satisfaction which we felt every single student deserved.
the hardest part of our tasks were getting regular attendance out of the students to ensure a positive result at the end of every semester. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the pass rate of the subjects on offer increase steadily every semester making our efforts pay off.
Pros
Beautiful working environment and the availability of resources
Cons
Long hours and very little compensation.
Productive and fun workplace
My review would focus on the professionalism of the staff, good management, excellent teamwork, productive workplace, fun and friendly environment. I have learnt to coordinate work with my colleagues in the production of teaching and learning materials and co-produced teaching materials.
Productive and stimulating
review daily sales, reconciliation of sales and creditor's payments
to work independently on financial administrations

to manage staff from different cultures.
Pros
Free lunch and studies
Cons
Balanced
Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of South Africa (UNISA). Our community is ready to answer.
4,3