University of the Free State

University of the Free State Employee Reviews

4,0
Productive and good work ethic
It was very productive working at the Computer lab. The people I worked with were very good at what they are doing and showed a good work ethic. The management were also great to work with and were helpful towards each and every employee.
Good results
The experience was good and the service was excellent can't wait to be appointed permanent at the university of the freestate working and making good friends and building great work relationships and gaining more skills is the best place to work
4,0
Productive and fun working environment
Learned how to be patient and that is it always advisable to ask if you don't understand your tasks or what is expected of you. And be willing to learn new things and new ways of doing things.
Productive and fun workplace
A typical day would be one where you interact with different people whether its students from different cultures or people that contact the office. Everyone goes about their work and everyone works together when needed. Occasional team meetings take place to ensure everyone is on par with what is expected of them and deadlines are met diligently and on time.
Productive , Goal Oriented and Exciting
Day at the word was comfortable and manageable. I have enhanced more knowledge about Windows 10, Microsoft 2016 and the Internet. I have learned how to be organized. I prefer working in both outside and office jobs. The job was manageable. Explaining to students and assisting the students with the challenges.
5,0
Leadership development, competitive and progressive.
The university environment is filled with challenges as balance should be maintained between academic life and work-life, but through experiences, certain skills such as leadership and teamwork skills are developed while communication is also key to managing and getting through university life.
5,0
Excellent company to work for
The environment is so much relaxed and at the same time fulfilling. The only challenge is being in a lower post but with good qualifications. In a nutshell one should consider themselves lucky to work for this company
Relaxed
There was not too much planning in advance. We had everything required to carry out the weekly practicals. We had all the practicals given to us at the first meeting together, so it made preparing a little easier.
Good working environment
Good working environment. Practical sessions are well set out and easy to understand. Payment was always on date. Feedback was always available when requeated
I love working at the University of the Free
The job that I am currently doing does not have much benefits. The people I work with are very friendly and the environment is very accomodating. I want to grow.
Educative and productive
It is a on-going learning institution where by I learnt new skills on daily basis which adds to my career advancement for instance my daily interaction with students help me to improve my listening and communication skills.
Pros
I given time to attendant my private activities.
Cons
Be at work as early as possible
Fun and productive
The kind of job I had was for students and it had no benefits so I can't rate or review the institution due to the tutoring job I had.
Working with second-year students and honors students was a wonderful experience. The job made me realize that as much as I loved working as a tutor, teaching or lecturing isn't my thing. Now I know, but it is something that can be improved.
4,0
Very good research university with all instrumentations
UFS was very nice university for research in their concern subject. UFS having all research instruments for performing fruitful research accomplishments. Research supervisor (professors) and colleagues are very helpful nature in both research as well as personal.
Pros
Nice Management
5,0
Productive and very interactive workplace.
- Executing your day to day duties.
- Being consistent

- Very approachable management

- People first approach

- When the system jams on me, and find difficult resolving the by myself.

- Smooth running of my work in general.
Pros
Study allowance is one of the benefits
Cons
Job monotonous
4,0
Everyday at work was different. You had your everyday tasks but also there was new things.

I have learned a lot and I have enhanced.

The staff is supportive of each other
5,0
At UFS CTL department, I learned a lot of skills particularly in data science. I enjoyed working with data; cleaning the data, merging data sets, validating the data by removing duplicates, blanks and unnecessary characters. I learned new data science skills such as clustering, feature selection, and neural networks. My line manager is very patient flexible. Nothing is hard to do at my workplace, but the slightly challenging part, but fun though, is learning new programming languages and data analytics softwares such as Knime. The job I do at CTL influences policy development; therefore I enjoy presenting my own results and reports to senior management.
Productive and and learning
Job description was to assist B com Accounting third and years with their academics and to monitor their small group meeting, i also learnt a lot from them.
3,0
It is good place to work and the colleagues are friendly.
Working at the University of the Free State as an intern was a good experience for me because it offered me a chance to learn new things and get experience about workplace as i was new in the working environment.
Pros
Good working environment, safe and productive.
5,0
Good
It was great. I learned a lot from different departments. The work is challenging and exciting. You learn a lot in every situation.
Colleagues are always willing to help and tech you.
3,0
I had a great learning experience at UFS
Prepare your work well in advance, if you fail to plan you plan to fail. Learn from your mistakes and you'll do your job more effectively and efficiently
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Salary was not that high
Good environment
Its a good environment to work. It has a few challenges however depending on the department one can be able to scale through. the surrounding environment is great and secured
Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of the Free State. Our community is ready to answer.
3,2