Varsity College Employee Reviews

Productive and fun
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng27 May 2019
Exceptional staff that are always willing to help. The institution goes out of its way to employ current students to give them the working experience they need. Day to day activities include prioritising studnets and assisting them with regards to referencing, academic writing and plagarism
Pros
lunch breaks
work culture was great.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Durban North, KwaZulu-Natal7 April 2019
Working as a volunteer at varsity college has taught me the basics of what a professional workplace would be like. it has taught me to be a leader and a problem solver. they have a family like culture and are totally transparent.
Fun environment
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape1 April 2019
I improved my communication skills and learned to be a leader in meeting deadlines and providing guidance to other students. I had to work with different personalities and that was a good challenge.
Pros
A great learning environment while teaching others
Cons
salary was low
2,0
free for all
student (Former Employee) –  Randburg, Gauteng27 March 2019
no structure provided, free reign given to students and lack of structure allows for lack of studying and high failure rates. not recommended to students. poorly managed.
Pros
Cons
waste of money
Official response from Varsity College
2 April 2019

Did you take up your problem with Campus Management? Did you look at ways to improve your problems? Lack of studying is attributed to the individual, no tertiary institution can assist with an individuals lack of motivation or studying.

Informative and innovative
Campus Librarian (Former Employee) –  Pietermaritzburg7 March 2019
Being accountable for the entire campus library ensuring that all aspects are cover and timeously to embrace sustainability. reporting to the management about the progress of the library enbling different kinds of session to ensure credibility of information to students.
Pros
Management Reports
Cons
Hardwork
Busy
Academic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, ZA5 February 2019
Great institution to work for. Plenty of room for growth as well as study opportunities. Fun environment and approachable atmosphere between work colleagues.
Nice place to work at
Tutor (Labour Law, Statutory Interpretation) (Former Employee) –  Durban North, KwaZulu-Natal7 December 2018
It was an experience to help other students to understand the work and concepts. The work hours were decent but the pay was on the low side. Regardless, I enjoyed giving back.
Pros
Giving back
Cons
low pay
Flexible and dynamic
Receptionist, Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal6 December 2018
Allows employees to be themselves such that they are able to realise their self-actualisation needs. Good working environment with friendly staff and healthy workplace measures for relationship building and networking.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short hours for casuals.
Fun and calm
Chairman (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng16 November 2018
Day to day operations are to plan projects and campaigns for our goals and missions for the year, events planning and analyzing efficient ways in executing our plans.
Pros
free flow and relaxed
Cons
no set structure
2,0
Fast paced
N/A (Former Employee) –  KZN24 October 2018
A fast paced environment. Keeps you on your toes, enables you to constantly develops new skills. No space for growth .

Students are rewarding. You are constantly challenged to improve your self.
Pros
Students
Cons
Overworked
3,0
PUBLIC RELATIONS INTERN (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng1 October 2018
While working at Varsity College I gained a lot of experience which was inline with what I had studied in tertiary. From event coordination and execution, press release writing to working closely with the different department managers.
Pros
Positive working environment
Cons
The growth structure was limited
Productivity
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  eThekwini, KwaZulu-Natal14 September 2018
The overall company has a good corporate culture, it encourages a lot of co-operation between different departments. The campus can be demanding as you deal with many students.
Independent Contractor
Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng9 July 2018
Being an Independent Contractor is great if it is NOT your only source of income. It must be chosen as another source of income. Or you must have at least 6 hours of teaching a day to make it sustainable as your only source of income.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
3,0
Nice working environment everyone is friendly.
Assistant librarian (Current Employee) –  Eastern Cape5 March 2018
A typical day at work entails dealing with student queries, helping them with the different online sources that they are expected to work from. You learn something new everyday, do administrative duties have a lot of queries to redirect as everyone in the company sends students to the library for literally everything but sharpens an individuals interpersonal,communication and customer service skills. I enjoy working here but there is no room to grow in my line of work.
Pros
halfday on your birthday plus a gift voucher, free lunches and midday treats sometimes plus staff bursary .
Cons
9 hour days have to work weekends aswell, KPAs are always changing more academic administrative duties.
5,0
Productive, inspiring work enviroment.
Registration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape13 January 2018
The work culture is amazing, they get students to work on campus thus encouraging work ethic. The work environment is positive mostly and rewarding.
Cons
Long hours.
Well Structure systems
SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND TECHNOLOGY SENIOR (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng29 December 2017
One of the best education industry movers with regards to systems and overall stability.

Unnecessary redtape at certain sales points and redundant courses curriculum.
Pros
Great structure
Cons
Redtape and redundancy of solutions to the market
3,0
To much work, too little staff
Academic Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rondebosch, Western Cape1 November 2017
Varsity College is not a bad place to wok for, however having to word almost 14 hors a day sometimes 3 to 4 days a work due to the lack of staff is not on
Pros
Cons
hard work to little money
Great!
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng31 October 2017
The most enjoyable part of this job is the leadership. Varsity College has an awesome leadership structure.

I learnt a lot from the staff and still keep in contact with them.
Fun
Junior Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Western Cape7 July 2017
• Developed and implemented network backup and recovery plans to maintain reliable network operating system.
• Supported and maintained of NOC/Co-location facility. Racked, cabled and
• networked servers and network equipment.
• Designed and built networks.
• Troubleshot OC-3, DS3, DS1 and ISDN connectivity issues.
Pros
Working hours were short
Fun Team
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rondebosch, Western Cape5 July 2017
My day starts with sending reports to the team updating them about achievements of the previous day.

Attend to emails in my inbox.
Capture all new data in all different systems and pull letters to update applicants about their status.

I enjoy everything about my job, can be a bit challenging when I have to tell team mates to pay attention to details to make it easy for my data capturing.

My job also teaches me to be very patient, i get to train new people on the systems and the systems can be complicated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Varsity College. Our community is ready to answer.

3,9