Varsity College Employee Reviews

1,0
No benefits at Varsity College for employees. It is all about Targets and we dont get acknowledged for our efforts and input. Only Management and Lect
Ex employee (Former Employee) –  Varsity College, Rondebosch, Cape Town15 January 2020
No growth at Varsity college as an employee , You can only advance into a higher position if you are sucking up to Management, HR, Principal or you socialize with them after hours. ( Drinking Buddies )
Pros
Employees with 10 year service or who is middle age, dont stand a chance of advancing at varsity college
Cons
An employee who is likeble by principal, hr, and vice principal, his or her relative get first privilege in getting vacancy at varsity college. Its who you know??
5,0
Overall a good place to work
Assistant Librarian (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng9 December 2019
Friendly staff who are willing to help with any task that proves stressful and always implement an open door policy for technical support should need be
4,0
SLP staff replaced by inexperienced staff
All the SLP staff where replaced with inexperienced cheaper people Even although I had a 99% pass rate and developed their course material and exam sheets
fun workplace
Economics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Durban North, KwaZulu-Natal24 November 2019
It is a fun place to work at, with a re;axed ambiance. A typical day would consist of going to Varsity College and tutoring students. Students were friendly and paid attention. Time management skills were learnt as I was still a student there.
Productive and fun environment
Registration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durban North, KwaZulu-Natal17 November 2019
It is a productive and fun environment. Each day brought about its own challenges and this made us make sure we are always focused. The management team was exceptional in the way they lead the registration team
3,0
productive, fast pace, comfortable environment
student assistant (Former Employee) –  Durban North, KwaZulu-Natal31 October 2019
the management was excellent, it a was comfortable environment to work it , people were friendly, it was a fast pace but stressful workplace.
we had to adapt to different situations, we work long hours but with a reasonable pay
Good experience
Registration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durban North, KwaZulu-Natal30 October 2019
I’ve worked at the job twice for a period of 3 months each. I was able to work on my people skills and how to work in a team. It was an awesome experience and grateful for the opportunity.
4,0
Every lecture was well prepared and a challenge - I love it.
Accounting Tutor (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng30 October 2019
Part time lecture after normal office hours and Saturdays.
Learned to lecture in English. ( I am Afrikaans speaking)
No problems at all with full time lectures.
Workplace culture very positive.
5,0
Fun place to study at and work for
Registration Officer (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng23 October 2019
The registration period at Varsity College is both fun and challenging. The days can be long but I was constantly kept on my toes and was excited about the prospect of being faced with new challenges every day. The workplace culture is one of openness and approachability. The hardest part of this job was maintaining a professional manner when clients got confrontational, but this experience taught me a lot about myself and I am now better equipped to handle such situations.
Great Learning Curve
Data capturer (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng16 October 2019
Through my experience at Varsity College, I learned a lot about different management styles and strategies for maintaining cooperation in a large group project setting. I feel that as valuable as that experience has been, I am eager to work on more specialized projects on which I will have the opportunity to be more of a leader than was going to be possible there. My creativity in IT was limited.
Pros
Free Lunch and Trasnport
Cons
Long Hours
Varsity College
Academic Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng30 September 2019
It's an amazing company to work for. The work culture and people is what other companies aspire for. They care about your wellbeing and they want their staff to be studying to better their own personal goals.
Productive workplace
LECTURER (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng4 September 2019
A typical day at work includes preparing for classes,facilitating and engaging with students.
From this job I'm learning a lot,from accepting and understand the diversity and cultural differences of my students(customers).
The workplace is a motivational one,my colleges are educated and I cant help but draw motivation from that
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not many hours allocated
5,0
Example: Productive and fun workplace but crazy too!
Data Capturer (Former Employee) –  Rondebosch, Western Cape25 August 2019
Its a very interesting setup. The students constantly bombard the various Heads of Departments, either via telephone calls as they ALWAYS have a million questions.
My days were always hectic. I typed all the manual registers of ALL the departments. There was never ever a dull moment for me.
I ENJOYED my work, capturing all the registers, I ALWAYS do when it comes to Data Capturing!
Figuring out the student results was always crazy as the system always created errors, which I had to fix.
Pros
Example: Furthering your education, cool environment, communicating with Lecturers, making friends with them
Cons
Example: Saying goodbye was hard, the software program which i used was crazy, as i had to sit with figures correcting the reports
4,0
Productive and dynamic work space
Registration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape19 August 2019
Varsity College is a really fun company to work for, which will challenge and test your abilities. The company is in the educational sector and works in and amongst a dynamic group of people.
5,0
Productive ,full of fun and enjoyment
Reg assistant and assistant sport co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Durban North, KwaZulu-Natal14 August 2019
The IIE’s Varsity College has a strong vocational focus that prepares students for their careers.

The IIE’s Varsity College Career Centre, in partnership with industry, serves to support our students with all aspects relating to their career development and growth through coaching, mentoring and engagement. This will enable them to leave the tertiary environment as competent graduates who should thrive in industry and hopefully become active members of our VC Alumni Community.As a prospect or current student you may not realise it, but the part-time work you do while studying will give you a head start with building a competitive CV. Employers want a mix of work-based and academic-based learning and will be impressed by the fact that you have shown initiative and stepped into the work place already. This way you’ll gain skills that complement your chosen career and help you to stand out in a competitive graduate environment.

No part-time jobs are guaranteed and they may not always match your field of study. However, all opportunities provide students with transferable skills, instill a work ethic and, of course, provide extra income and independence.
Pros
Tips from customer and management
Cons
over times
Productive and fun
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng27 May 2019
Exceptional staff that are always willing to help. The institution goes out of its way to employ current students to give them the working experience they need. Day to day activities include prioritising studnets and assisting them with regards to referencing, academic writing and plagarism
Pros
lunch breaks
4,0
Friendly atmosphere with other ICs, fun place to work
Independent Contractor-SoE (Former Employee) –  Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal23 May 2019
I worked in Varsity College where the reception from day one was awesome. A great place to work. I learnt a lot and developed many skills I didn’t have prior to joining VC- as an independent Contractor for School of Education.A friendly team of independent Contractors and they are always happy to help show you the ropes. Great management who also have a way of motivating staff. I learnt a lot in the two years working there.
Pros
Free lunches, drinks, free pens during marking period
Cons
Not so great pay but willlingness to give back to others makes it less worrisome
educational enviroment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  finance department24 April 2019
being at varsity college ignited my desire t work with people. the working environment and culture is that of team work and everyone is dedicated to making the team succeed.
work culture was great.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Durban North, KwaZulu-Natal7 April 2019
Working as a volunteer at varsity college has taught me the basics of what a professional workplace would be like. it has taught me to be a leader and a problem solver. they have a family like culture and are totally transparent.
Fun environment
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape1 April 2019
I improved my communication skills and learned to be a leader in meeting deadlines and providing guidance to other students. I had to work with different personalities and that was a good challenge.
Pros
A great learning environment while teaching others
Cons
salary was low

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Varsity College. Our community is ready to answer.

3,9