Varsity College

Varsity College Employee Reviews in Rondebosch, Western Cape

5,0
Example: Productive and fun workplace but crazy too!
Its a very interesting setup. The students constantly bombard the various Heads of Departments, either via telephone calls as they ALWAYS have a million questions.
My days were always hectic. I typed all the manual registers of ALL the departments. There was never ever a dull moment for me.

I ENJOYED my work, capturing all the registers, I ALWAYS do when it comes to Data Capturing!

Figuring out the student results was always crazy as the system always created errors, which I had to fix.
Pros
Example: Furthering your education, cool environment, communicating with Lecturers, making friends with them
Cons
Example: Saying goodbye was hard, the software program which i used was crazy, as i had to sit with figures correcting the reports
1,0
No benefits at Varsity College for employees. It is all about Targets and we dont get acknowledged for our efforts and input. Only Management and Lect
No growth at Varsity college as an employee , You can only advance into a higher position if you are sucking up to Management, HR, Principal or you socialize with them after hours. ( Drinking Buddies )
Pros
Employees with 10 year service or who is middle age, dont stand a chance of advancing at varsity college
Cons
An employee who is likeble by principal, hr, and vice principal, his or her relative get first privilege in getting vacancy at varsity college. Its who you know??
3,0
To much work, too little staff
Varsity College is not a bad place to wok for, however having to word almost 14 hors a day sometimes 3 to 4 days a work due to the lack of staff is not on
Pros
Cons
hard work to little money
3,0
Fun Team
My day starts with sending reports to the team updating them about achievements of the previous day.

Attend to emails in my inbox.

Capture all new data in all different systems and pull letters to update applicants about their status.

I enjoy everything about my job, can be a bit challenging when I have to tell team mates to pay attention to details to make it easy for my data capturing.

My job also teaches me to be very patient, i get to train new people on the systems and the systems can be complicated.
4,0
Fun, challenging
The Higher Certificate in Events Management course is an accredited course that equips students with an enormous amount of skill and knowledge. All students are given the opportunity to organize an event and carry it out to completion allowing you to look back and acknowledge where improvement needs to be made and what works.
5,0
Enjoyable
I truly enjoyed this joy as I did well at it and was appreciated at what I did. my co-workers were also very nice and the management staff also very approachable and kind.
The hardest part of the job was to get rejected on the calls as that gave you a very sad/bad feeling compared to the best part of the day when you knew that a matricuant who was coming to Varsity College to have a look at it was one that you phoned.

It was an enjoyable job as a Telemarketer and Receptionist.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Varsity College. Our community is ready to answer.
4,0