Virgin Active Employee Reviews

2,0
Really great place to work at.
Club Administrator (Current Employee) –  Parow, Western Cape17 October 2019
I have learnt a lot within the company, I love my job, unfortunately my location is very far from home. I have met amazing people in the company, and I've learnt from so many cultures. The hardest part of my job is that I work long hours and I hardly spend time with my daughter.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Long hours and not all staff are team players
unethical
Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Sunward park Boksburg15 October 2019
Virgin active must respects its employees and also pay them well, people are working hard for nothing. We put in so much effort but there is no appreciation from top management, no bonuses, no time to study, to them is just work and no life.
Need to increase salary
Club v max coach (Former Employee) –  Moreletapark, Gauteng14 October 2019
I love working at the gym just some things you have to sacrifice because we cannot change everything especially the weekend especially Sunday in and some holidays you find that you using your own transportation is better but public transportation is not available. But besides that it is nice to work in the gym.
3,0
Its a very nice place to work in and gain experience
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Fichardtpark, Free State7 October 2019
Its a pleasant place to work in ,and co - workers we helpful and welcoming and the management was also helpful,and the coolest benefit was being able to excersise for free
Fun Work enviroment
Club Administrator (Former Employee) –  Randburg1 October 2019
A company’s overall Employee Experience is the sum of many parts. The positive experiences add, the negative subtract, and what the company ends up with is based on how much effort they’ve put into understanding their employees and effectively addressing what they need to stay engaged and deliver performance back to the business
1,0
Go back to the basics listen to consultants cry otherwise you will always loos great consultants like u lost me
Sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape16 September 2019
Virgin is a great company to work for realy they look after there sales staff and incentives good . Even there benefits are brilliant but they need to look into the constant turnover of staff who is the problem and stop blaming consultants for thing managers did wrong stop dismissing people left rite and centre without getting to the coure of the problem.
Not to bad.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Steenberg, Western Cape13 September 2019
Hours were bad. Couldn't balance professional and personal lifestyle. Always left work hours after my shift ended. Money was really good though. Always earned really well if you work hard for your commission.
1,0
Stressful
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Tygervalley12 September 2019
Stressful. Managers are all INCOMPETENT. Period. I have nothing more to say. Tygervalley club is NO flagship at all! Durbanville where i was a PT for 5 years shoud be the flagship club!
Pros
Cons
Liars all around the club.
3,0
It used to be a great company.
Assistant Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Thornhill mall Cnr Munnik and Veldpaad Polokwane10 September 2019
Virgin Active is one of the best and biggest international company. Its is wonderful in all aspect however since beginning of 2019 after change of ownership the company has hurt a lot of people.
Pros
Good commission steucture.
Cons
Caree growth pattern not up to scratch
4,0
Fun Working Environment
Group Exercise Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloemfontein, Free State29 August 2019
Enjoyed my work here. Members are friendly and staff becomes family because you spend most of your days at work. They provide a lot of learning opportunities.
2,0
No interest in their staff's lives
Fitness, Maintenace Technician&Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Western Cape and Eastern Cape27 August 2019
They only care about the company and nothing else, Salary is a disgrace especially for those working with the kids some employees is working there for over 15 years and their salary is still below R5000.00. People sacrifice alot by working shifts starting 4:30am till 21:30pm but their efforts dont get recognised nor appreciated
Better enviroment
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Hennopspark centurion26 August 2019
I have started working at Virgin active as a Receptionist from 2013 December and became an administrator in 2015 until now and I am not satisfied with my salary benefit..
Pros
Company benefits
Cons
Low Salary and long hours
5,0
Great environment to work in, Friendly staff and very helpful.
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Nelspruit19 August 2019
Virgin Active is a very competitive workplace. You have to hustle and pick up clients to develop a solid base in order to get compensated well. A great place to start working.
Membership Consultant (Former Employee) –  Glenvista, Gauteng13 August 2019
Employees come first and are always kept happy to ensure we deliver good services to our members,though work hours can be long, environment quite fun.
Pros
Employee benefits, great salary
Cons
Long Hours
5,0
fun work place and goal orientated
Sales Consultant/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng5 August 2019
It is a good company to work for,with all the benefits that we get and also help employees grow within the business...I as the sales consultant working on targets which is very challenging it help me to always be focused and also to be able to handle pressure as I have to deliver results daily and also that helps me to be able to manage myself and also be able to work as a team...And also it help me to have a good relationship with customers as we r dealing with customer service.. So I will recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Skills development and free lunches on service tray
Cons
Long hours and weekends
Diverse workplace
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Kings Park Durban29 July 2019
Broadens your mindset and skills. Excellent communication and management skills learned across all ethnic groups. Stressful position but amazing staff compliment.
3,0
It used to be a great company.
Assistant Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Thornhill mall Cnr Munnik and Veldpaad Polokwane20 July 2019
Pros
Good commission steucture.
Cons
Caree growth pattern not up to scratch
4,0
Commission
MEMBERSHIP SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Moreletapark, Gauteng17 July 2019
The company is very harsh on their sales consultant giving them unrealistic targets to meet. Their sales model sucks as well the ratio calculation is not relevant as the consultant always fake them. The management sucks as well they expect the unexpected. Useless company to work for.
Pros
There is no lunch for sales consultant
Cons
You don't even have a rest as long as you are behind
Fun work place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng3 July 2019
the salary and benefits are👎.... working 22.5 hours per week.monthly income is R2000... It was a fun working place even though the where no much benefits for the 4 hours daily workers like me.
Pros
Free Nominee
Cons
Knocking off late and the salary
productive and fun workplace
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Berea, KwaZulu-Natal20 June 2019
It is a great place to work. You meet new people and can grow your business easily. Dedication and commitment can get you far. You learn something new everyday.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Virgin Active. Our community is ready to answer.

3,7