Volvo Employee Reviews

Found 50 reviews matching the search See all 2 433 reviews
Productive and great friends
Apprentice DieselTechnician (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng30 October 2019
Enjoy doing field work and do road side repairs and assistance. Hardest part being that required tools are not always available. Enjoy working in a team and helping others. Made good friends which makes the job more enjoyable. I look forward to a new challenge every day to enhance my problem solving skills.
4,0
Team was organised in all diagnostic issues
Diesel technician (Former Employee) –  Gauteng27 October 2019
Diversity culture and communication respect care for the environment work life balance was the best environment I was exposed to.Manegement style gave everyone an opportunity to express themselves.
Nice to be at volvo
Diesel Technician (Current Employee) –  Gauteng27 October 2019
Great place to work at despite all the challenges you can come across in all the dealerships , learn everyday due to advanced technology upcoming with the new models
5,0
We have lots of avctivities per annual
Outbound Operations Controller (Current Employee) –  Rosslyn14 October 2019
well our company CEO is based out of South Africa, we are the best company in the trucks manufacturing , our trucks have safety features and advanced technology
5,0
It was good and challenging
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal28 July 2019
Challenging and u must be talented like me thank you be willing to multitask team work and independently is very important at Volvo company even thore there was this guy who didn't like me Sizwe the guy didn't get proper training on how to lead people
4,0
There is no recognition, no promise of advancement.
Diesel Mechanic Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Bloemfontein, Free State13 March 2019
I need a job where I can advance my skills and develop to better myself. I am always up for learning new things, does not necessarily have to be field related.
Pros
Globally and advanced technology
Cons
No advancement
Great work place
Service Administrator (Current Employee) –  South Africa18 October 2018
It is great working for Volvo, great work place.
Management is awesome & I could never ask for more.
The only reason I would leave is for starting a new journey
Pros
Free Lunch
when 2 or 3 colleagues are off sick
Packer (Former Employee) –  Boksburg, Gauteng31 August 2018
A typical day is when we were short staffed.i have learned a lot about warehouse management and protocols.The management where supportive and give us an opportunity for development.the workplace culture is very conducive.the most enjoyable part of the work was that there is room for development and growth
Pros
Conducive working environment
5,0
Good company to work with
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng29 May 2018
It's situated in a very good position in the international is all over the world. Technically is growing and is the best. It produces the strongest and most powerful engines in the world.
Pros
It provides food, drinks and PPE
Cons
You get paid for every hour you, overtime, standby and 13th chaque
3,0
The company looks after their employees.
Diesel Technician (Current Employee) –  Middelburg, Mpumalanga18 May 2018
The company as a whole is very good to work for but from a dealer point of view,I am not enjoying my work experience. I have been a the branch about 6 years and in my opinion it is getting progressively worse.
Pros
They give us lunch.
Cons
Long hours and very little family time.
Excellent Workplace
Business controller (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal14 December 2017
Always busy with staff and branches queries .
Good culture - Mixed diverse people
Challenging deadlines - with System problems sometimes difficult to meet deadlines
Pros
Free lunches
High pace assembly plant
Logistics Controller (Former Employee) –  KwaZulu-Natal31 October 2017
Volvo Truck assembly plant is a high pace assembly plant with many opportunities for career advancement. Their operations management processes and systems are designed to achieve optimal production output but still leave room for flexibility and creativity with regards to work flow and continuous improvements.
Pros
Career advancements such as studying further and job promotions
Cons
Long hours due to shipment delays
4,0
Busy, no time to stop and smell the roses
Financial Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng29 September 2017
A mixture of all the motor industry positions above, just a different group. Being a new Dealership I enjoyed setting up the accounting system and putting all the controls in place.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Short staffed
Amazing Brand - Amazing People
Customer Champion/Customer Liaison Officer (Current Employee) –  Umhlanga17 August 2017
I have a passion for people and with that Volvo's ethics mirror my own.

It has been an incredible journey with this company and my colleagues have become my personal friends.
Pros
Medical + Provident Fund
Cons
None.
Productive and professional
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Gauteng, Gauteng7 August 2017
A focus on Customer relationships and professionalism is a key focus point. Attention to detail is key. We all work in harmony together to achieve these common goals. Best service for our clients.
Morale and commitment
Human Resources Officer (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng3 July 2017
High on delivery and commitment. Big focus on empowering people to achieve results. Achievement driven and focus is on output and delivery to customers.
Pros
development
Cons
lack of flexibility
Road testing was enjoyable
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng2 April 2017
Was part of Ford Motor Company at the time:

High emphasis on quality, but daily tasks become repetitive and
boring after a while. Taking the cars for road-testing was very enjoyable. Employee development wasn’t always a high priority, but a reasonable salary and stable working environment is enough to prevent most employees from leaving.
Good working enviroment
Diesel mechanic (Current Employee) –  Boksburg, Gauteng16 January 2017
Work at the company is very stable .The hours is 7.30 to 17.00 overtime is asked in advance and every second Saturday is a working weekend.
Pros
free lunch and overhauls
Cons
Salary is not based on skill
3,0
Fun work plays but still work hared
saler executive (Former Employee) –  Silver lakes Pretoria10 January 2017
A typial day at work was a long day of work ,with good company.
I learned that hared work pays off.
The manager pushed us to do better everyday.
My co-workers were fun to work with and we always got the job done.
The hardest part of the job was going home because doing my job always falt like i was having fun.
The most enjoy able part was seeing happy faces when the job was done.
Pros
free bread
Cons
may have to put in a lil more time in my work
4,0
Good company to work for but there are issues
Dealer Inventory Manager & MM coordinator (Current Employee) –  Western Cape3 January 2017
Start 07h00, end 16h00. We have the option of flexi time and it's good to start off early when it's quiet as a lot can be done witout disturbances.
Skill have come think and fast, microsoft, understanding of inventory processes, top goal leader in Europe, Africa nad Middle East. How do you work with different people, multi-cultural and a need to impart my knowledge on other.
Top management are good and do care for their employees and I have no difficulty working with my co-workers and top management.
The most enjoyable part of my job is to see the results versus the goals set by top management, knowint that for many years it was long hard hours.
Hardest part of the job is relying on others to do a lot of work for my job to become very sucessful, such a completion of dealer returns (buybacks) and those to the central warehouses in Europe.
Pros
Quarterly incentive bonuses
Cons
Relian on others to have various sections of my work completed in time and correctly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Volvo. Our community is ready to answer.

4,1