Volvo Employee Reviews

Busy, no time to stop and smell the roses
Financial Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng29 September 2017
A mixture of all the motor industry positions above, just a different group. Being a new Dealership I enjoyed setting up the accounting system and putting all the controls in place.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Short staffed
Productive and professional
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Gauteng, Gauteng7 August 2017
A focus on Customer relationships and professionalism is a key focus point. Attention to detail is key. We all work in harmony together to achieve these common goals. Best service for our clients.
Morale and commitment
Human Resources Officer (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng3 July 2017
High on delivery and commitment. Big focus on empowering people to achieve results. Achievement driven and focus is on output and delivery to customers.
Pros
development
Cons
lack of flexibility
Road testing was enjoyable
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng2 April 2017
Was part of Ford Motor Company at the time:

High emphasis on quality, but daily tasks become repetitive and
boring after a while. Taking the cars for road-testing was very enjoyable. Employee development wasn’t always a high priority, but a reasonable salary and stable working environment is enough to prevent most employees from leaving.
Fun work plays but still work hared
saler executive (Former Employee) –  Silver lakes Pretoria10 January 2017
A typial day at work was a long day of work ,with good company.
I learned that hared work pays off.
The manager pushed us to do better everyday.
My co-workers were fun to work with and we always got the job done.
The hardest part of the job was going home because doing my job always falt like i was having fun.
The most enjoy able part was seeing happy faces when the job was done.
Pros
free bread
Cons
may have to put in a lil more time in my work
Good company to work for but there are issues
Dealer Inventory Manager & MM coordinator (Current Employee) –  Western Cape3 January 2017
Start 07h00, end 16h00. We have the option of flexi time and it's good to start off early when it's quiet as a lot can be done witout disturbances.
Skill have come think and fast, microsoft, understanding of inventory processes, top goal leader in Europe, Africa nad Middle East. How do you work with different people, multi-cultural and a need to impart my knowledge on other.
Top management are good and do care for their employees and I have no difficulty working with my co-workers and top management.
The most enjoyable part of my job is to see the results versus the goals set by top management, knowint that for many years it was long hard hours.
Hardest part of the job is relying on others to do a lot of work for my job to become very sucessful, such a completion of dealer returns (buybacks) and those to the central warehouses in Europe.
Pros
Quarterly incentive bonuses
Cons
Relian on others to have various sections of my work completed in time and correctly.
productive also allow diversity
Storeman, Truck assembler, Stock clerk (Former Employee) –  Amanzimtoti, KwaZulu-Natal9 November 2016
Volvo trucks is a good compay.I gained lot of experience there. I started a truck assembler in 2009 i was moved to Stores, where i worked as a storeman for 3 years.
Pros
free lunches, tea and coffee
Productive working environment
SENIOR HR BUSINESS PARTNER (Former Employee) –  South Africa20 September 2016
Good opportunity working with various expats and align SA policies, procedures and practices to that of Sweden.

Typical work day was reporting, attending management meetings, visits to various areas.
Pros
adequate family time
Cons
Fun and productive environment.
HR Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape8 July 2016
Great company to work for as they have a strong people focus and good work life balance. Very interesting working for a multinational in that we are continuously developing/growing and adopting new concepts, ideas, systems used internationally.

The management and co-workers are very brand loyal and are generally good to work with. The hardest part of the job is that there is no job security and things change on an annual basis.
Pros
Quarterly and annual bonus
Cons
Measured on international performance not local or individual
Productive and challenging workplace
Costing and Warranty Clerk (Current Employee) –  Gauteng29 June 2016
I have learned a lot from Volvo southern Africa and the opportunities I got from them real open doors for me. I real enjoy my job and hardest part of it, its month end when I have to close job but I have many queries about those jobs
Pros
half day off every month
Cons
knocking off late month end
Challenging
Uptime Solutions co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Boksburg17 June 2016
Be on the phone receiving customers calls logging breakdowns, liaise with the technician and back to customer to give feedback on breakdown progress. Letting a angry customer vent and not talk over them , allows them to calm down. Management not so great there's favoritism, racism not a open policy, negatives things will be said behind another co-workers back when not present. Half of the team members are trouble makers siding with managers to try and gain favor , other half bets for the same team. Working with people who don't follow procedure is hard as it creates tension and frustration amongst team members. Getting customers assisted and earning their trust is what makes the job exciting.
Pros
overtime for holidays
Cons
long hrs, working weekends
productive
Mechanic (Diesel) (Former Employee) –  kzn29 April 2016
worked long hours , had tiring days .co workers were average .Managent was average.I learned alot from Volvo from course to trainings and to become a good diesel mechanic.Hardest part of the job was to complete jobs before leaving work .Went on family fun days and had team buildings with co workers .
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Lots of long hours
Good work/life balance
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape10 February 2016
I have learnt allot at the organisation and it is interesting working with people from different countries with diverse backgrounds and work ethics.

The Management team is also fun and my co-workers make the environment fun and a good place to work at. What does make things difficult is the culture and adopting international standards locally, which does not always work.

The most enjoyable part of the job are the teams I work with across the country.
Pros
Quarterly Incentives
Cons
Based on Group performane not individual
Work day
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP3 November 2015
Working for volvo is been on a proffesional manner even though working with clients has never been easy but as always the customer is always right that the first rule of bussiness.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long Hours and overtime
Warranty & Workshop Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bloemfontein, FS5 September 2015
The challenges are daily and varied and leave me satisfied. I have grown a lot working here and see a lot of potential for more in the future.
care for individual growth in knowledge and skills
diesel mechanic (Former Employee) –  Durban, ZN4 August 2015
The best company in SA

It not only about work but also brings a number of different trainings to employees and different sport and fun activities.
Pros
free lunch and free trainings including flights and accomodations
Fun working environment
DIESEL MECHANIC (Current Employee) –  Middelburg, MP5 April 2015
It is a wonderful company to work for form the top m,anagement to supervisors and foremand and the floor. And doing services and see the truck leaving the workshop knowing you did it, it brings so much joy.
Pros
Free lunches and washed overalls
Cons
Long distance breakdowns
Best practise on international standards and made work fun because we were challenged to compete with other countries
Customer Support Coodinator (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP16 March 2015
Working to meet daily KPI, I learned impotance of business processes and customer service, Management oppeness and interaction with cross functional departments, Co-workers team work masters daily challenges, Hardest part on time deliver to customers internally and externally, enjoyable part incentives when the organisation hits the target
Pros
Incentives and free lunch
Cons
Daily target must be achieved
A Productive workplace
SHERQ Controller (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP10 February 2015
Start the day of with an everyday operational morning meeting, discussing the previous days safety, quality, delivery, cost, environment and people. this meeting entails safety issues, incidents and accidents occuring the previous day, has quality been met, has delivery been met, did we meet our targets, cost of sales for previous day, environment: energy tarhet, and spillages that may have occured, and people being absenteeism. thereafter there is a management meeting discussing the above.
walkabouts are conducted, audits, streamlining processes, training the guys in the operation, working with equipment break downs abd reporting them. working with facilty repairs, management meetings, operational meetings. working with the Ops Manager
Excellent employer but very limited advancement possibilities
Parts Retail and Warehouse manager (Current Employee) –  Middelburg, MP26 November 2014
A typical day starts with summaries of mtd sales, stock etc. Sourcing stock and following up on back orders, queries and stock received. Team work is very important as each employee plays an integral part in the smooth running of the department. Management is involved when issues are not solved and always assist. Hardest part of this job is handling disgruntled customers. Most enjoyable part of this job is seeing a satisfied customer out the door and employee satisfaction in the team.
Pros
Diversity, values, great team
Cons
Company is growing so fast that you start losing contact with indivuduals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Volvo. Our community is ready to answer.

4,1