Vox Telecom Employee Reviews

5,0
Great Environment
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Waverley, Gauteng10 December 2019
Vox was a great place, and it was fun and i would go back there anytime.

The training was good and we got to know exactly what we were selling. Managers were also helpful in assisting us reach our goals.
4,0
Great company to work for and also offer vast of products which then makes it easy to sell business solutions
Corporate Sales - New Business (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng13 November 2019
I am a well presented and professional individual and have had more than 13 years’ working experience within internal and external sales. I have excellent time management, organizational and planning skills. I have very good interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal. I have an ability to work with people at various levels and I thrive under pressure. I am able to work in a team and independently as well. I am trustworthy, responsible and always go the extra mile. Able to take instructions from seniors , Enthusiastic and attention to details and great work ethics. I always been passionate working as an Electrician Artisan since my early age ,been working with my Grandfather who was an Electrician ,and it planted the seed for the trade, I then decided after so many years later working in Sales environment to go full time on the Trade.
4,0
Good company to work for.
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Waverley, Gauteng30 September 2019
Very good learning and training opportunities offered pertaining to specific products to help improve skills and ability to sell. Product specialists also come in handy for those intricate solutions.
2,0
Horrible workplace unless you are up managements a**
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Waverley, Gauteng18 September 2019
In the time working at Vox, there were no incentives, no overtime paid. You had to work with incompetent Sales and Accounts.
There was no training ever provided for any new products brought in and my team was just expected to figure out how to implement these new products mostly on our own, as well as handle any and every new product that Vox decided they wanted to sell - no delegation to the rest of the teams to figure out how to implement these products and assist with workload.
If you're not part of a specific management click, you aren't much at all, and management would continually conflict with each-other instead of working together as they should to reach a common goal which caused terribly toxic work culture.
Salary was below par / way less than market average, you can barely afford rent and food, let alone other expenses such as car, fuel, medical aid, ect.. Effort is rarely rewarded and you feel horribly under-valued. They always talk about the amazing Sales and turnover each year but couldn't even give you a bonus (which is basically their way of saying "F**k you, we earn a lot of money but you're a piece of s**t". HR are completely unapproachable as well.
If you're thinking of working here, don't, it is not worth compromising mental integrity for minimum wage.
Pros
Not really any, maybe the colleagues
Cons
Low wage, long hours, toxic work culture
Fun & productive
Senior General Accounts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape18 September 2019
A normal day at Vox is customer centric. It was filled with way of dealing & interacting with customers better. I had learned how to deal with problems & people with a right approach & without intimidation. Management was fine. The culture at Vox was very vibrant & outgoing. The hardest part of my job actually was nothing, I enjoyed working at Vox.
Pros
Free drinks on Fridays
Cons
I worked normal hours
Productivity and Fun at A Workplace
Senior Technical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng5 September 2019
You learn something everyday.
To communication better to management.
Stressful - Ever changing processes of escalations.
Lack of training employees on newly introduced products
Having a Team (Lower than management) who are more than willing to assist and help other teammates
Fun workplace
FTTH Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng22 July 2019
This is a good company. But chances of growing within the company are very slim, and the salary was not that great. Management is good, although sometimes they don't offer solutions to a problem.
Knowledge is shared
Advnaced support engineer Premium and Business (Former Employee) –  centurion25 February 2019
Amazing place to to work. The People are all willing to teach and assist in your areas of weakness and build on your strengths. Manager motivate their engineers daily
Pros
great environment
Cons
poor salary
3,0
Not the worst company I have worked for
Project Planner (Former Employee) –  Waverley, Gauteng14 February 2019
All in all my time there was not long, however it must be said that the company culture isn't for everyone (a bit stuck in the 80's) the staff also tend to have a negative attitude which I think it might be due to the lack of the correct motivation & support from some management.

Unfortunately while I was there I did also notice a manager berate and embarrass an employee, in an open plan office for work they were not happy with. (I personally feel this was the incorrect manner in which to address the situation. Management should have called the employee into a office away from prying eyes and ears to address the employee).
Pros
A lot to be learnt
Cons
Company Culture
Great Employer
Revenue Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  City of Johannesburg, Gauteng7 February 2019
Great company to work for. Plenty of scope for advancement provided you are willing to work hard and make the effort.
Directors and Executives are always willing to assist.
Pros
Effort is rewarded
Cons
Salaries are on the lower end
2,0
Was walking into childcare everyday
Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  South Africa31 January 2019
They were clock watches that ran the company like a creche. if you needed to go to be bathroom it had to be on your calendar. They want you to see clients but only if they have a problem. there is no relationship building.
Pros
Cons
terrible working conditions
Great
FTTH & FTTB Senior Installs Engineer (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng31 January 2019
I was at vox for many years,
It was a great experience, i did over and above the work expected from me, but was never rewarded.

Colleagues were amazing.
I enjoyed the customer interaction part of it the most
Pros
Cell and Petrol allowance
Cons
Underpaid
1,0
Vox after 4 years
Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng23 November 2018
Vox isn't a bad company, there are good people who work there. The problem is the 70% of people who do just enough to not get fired.

Most lacking in Vox is core values, there is no accountability and passing the buck is the company ethos it seems. Customer service is based on speedy answering of a call and not resolution of a call.

This can be a great company, there are good managers and the executive are excellent. They just hire the most inexpensive people they can find
Pros
30% excellent people
Cons
70% who do buggerall
3,0
Good Company however no clear job outline or growth path as well as struggling role out and system management
Ftth sales/ account manager (Former Employee) –  Waverley, Gauteng10 July 2018
The company taught me more critical client management enabling me to more effectively manage an irate client as well as there expectations, unfortunately this was mostly due to poor systems that lead to delays and issues with client services.
Fun. Hard working
Project Administrator/Porting Planner (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng19 June 2018
All good good environment busy environment challenging and always have to be on ur feet always doing the best you can. Always learning new stuff and products processes
4,0
It was a great place to work at.
FIBRE SALES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng4 June 2018
It was a fun place to work at, salary benefits as well as reachable targets however hours were odd/flexible. Great working culture and good management.
Pros
Reasonable break schedule, team buildings
Cons
Odd hours, flexible shifts
4,0
A beautiful opportunity to grow and expand skills
Helpdesk Engineer (Former Employee) –  Centurion1 March 2018
Vox is a truly great work place all round. Lots of opportunity, great skills to acquire, and a challenging day that never fails to expand your mind and knowledge.
The pay is not fantastic at first but great room for growth.

A company that does truly make one feel noticed.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
A cramped work enviroment
5,0
The Best in ISP
Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  City of Cape Town, Western Cape28 February 2018
The best ISP workplace in Cape Town with scope to grow
Provide a lot of free training and lavish client events
Great Learning curve
Assistant Junior Manager / Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng3 February 2018
Good Day,

I have been an employee of Voxtelecom for close to 8yrs..
Dealing with customers on the day to day basis, dealing with different queries and challenges they are experiencing and resolving their issues. i have grown very quickly in the Voxtelecom group, i became Team leader for the advanced support team. I have then excelled further in being a team leader for the Channel Desk, what that entitled was looking after technical support queries from all agencies and Re sellers of Voxtelecom.
Pros
Free lunch, overtimes
Cons
Shift work, 24hr support
Productive workplace,service driven
Contracts Administrator (Current Employee) –  33 Bree Street, Cape Town14 August 2017
Fast paced ever changing environment. You have to use your initiative & always go beyond the call of duty. Management has an autocratic management style, whereby your views & opinions are not taken into consideration. The hardest part of the job is taking on new work with various interfaces to work from, with little to no training provided

Learning new things everyday & sharing the joys of new found knowledge with the rest of you team!
Pros
Finding resolution to a tough query + 1 hour lunch breaks
Cons
Autocratic management styles. We can all learn from each others input