Vox Telecom Employee Reviews

3,0
Not the worst company I have worked for
Project Planner (Former Employee) –  Waverley, Gauteng14 February 2019
All in all my time there was not long, however it must be said that the company culture isn't for everyone (a bit stuck in the 80's) the staff also tend to have a negative attitude which I think it might be due to the lack of the correct motivation & support from some management.

Unfortunately while I was there I did also notice a manager berate and embarrass an employee, in an open plan office for work they were not happy with. (I personally feel this was the incorrect manner in which to address the situation. Management should have called the employee into a office away from prying eyes and ears to address the employee).
Pros
A lot to be learnt
Cons
Company Culture
Great Employer
Revenue Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  City of Johannesburg, Gauteng7 February 2019
Great company to work for. Plenty of scope for advancement provided you are willing to work hard and make the effort.
Directors and Executives are always willing to assist.
Pros
Effort is rewarded
Cons
Salaries are on the lower end
2,0
Was walking into childcare everyday
Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  South Africa31 January 2019
They were clock watches that ran the company like a creche. if you needed to go to be bathroom it had to be on your calendar. They want you to see clients but only if they have a problem. there is no relationship building.
Pros
Cons
terrible working conditions
Great
FTTH & FTTB Senior Installs Engineer (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng31 January 2019
I was at vox for many years,
It was a great experience, i did over and above the work expected from me, but was never rewarded.

Colleagues were amazing.
I enjoyed the customer interaction part of it the most
Pros
Cell and Petrol allowance
Cons
Underpaid
1,0
Vox after 4 years
Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng23 November 2018
Vox isn't a bad company, there are good people who work there. The problem is the 70% of people who do just enough to not get fired.

Most lacking in Vox is core values, there is no accountability and passing the buck is the company ethos it seems. Customer service is based on speedy answering of a call and not resolution of a call.

This can be a great company, there are good managers and the executive are excellent. They just hire the most inexpensive people they can find
Pros
30% excellent people
Cons
70% who do buggerall
3,0
Good Company however no clear job outline or growth path as well as struggling role out and system management
Ftth sales/ account manager (Former Employee) –  Waverley, Gauteng10 July 2018
The company taught me more critical client management enabling me to more effectively manage an irate client as well as there expectations, unfortunately this was mostly due to poor systems that lead to delays and issues with client services.
Fun. Hard working
Project Administrator/Porting Planner (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng19 June 2018
All good good environment busy environment challenging and always have to be on ur feet always doing the best you can. Always learning new stuff and products processes
4,0
It was a great place to work at.
FIBRE SALES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng4 June 2018
It was a fun place to work at, salary benefits as well as reachable targets however hours were odd/flexible. Great working culture and good management.
Pros
Reasonable break schedule, team buildings
Cons
Odd hours, flexible shifts
4,0
A beautiful opportunity to grow and expand skills
Helpdesk Engineer (Former Employee) –  Centurion1 March 2018
Vox is a truly great work place all round. Lots of opportunity, great skills to acquire, and a challenging day that never fails to expand your mind and knowledge.
The pay is not fantastic at first but great room for growth.

A company that does truly make one feel noticed.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
A cramped work enviroment
The Best in ISP
Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  City of Cape Town, Western Cape28 February 2018
The best ISP workplace in Cape Town with scope to grow
Provide a lot of free training and lavish client events
Great Learning curve
Assistant Junior Manager / Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng3 February 2018
Good Day,

I have been an employee of Voxtelecom for close to 8yrs..
Dealing with customers on the day to day basis, dealing with different queries and challenges they are experiencing and resolving their issues. i have grown very quickly in the Voxtelecom group, i became Team leader for the advanced support team. I have then excelled further in being a team leader for the Channel Desk, what that entitled was looking after technical support queries from all agencies and Re sellers of Voxtelecom.
Pros
Free lunch, overtimes
Cons
Shift work, 24hr support
Productive workplace,service driven
Contracts Administrator (Current Employee) –  33 Bree Street, Cape Town14 August 2017
Fast paced ever changing environment. You have to use your initiative & always go beyond the call of duty. Management has an autocratic management style, whereby your views & opinions are not taken into consideration. The hardest part of the job is taking on new work with various interfaces to work from, with little to no training provided

Learning new things everyday & sharing the joys of new found knowledge with the rest of you team!
Pros
Finding resolution to a tough query + 1 hour lunch breaks
Cons
Autocratic management styles. We can all learn from each others input
Great Workplace
Voice Technical Engineer (Former Employee) –  South Africa20 July 2017
Good workplace ethics, Its like you second family. Management is has a open door policy and won't ridicule you they will always try to assist you. Most team members are always willing to assist from other departments to get the customer serviced and the issue resolved. The hardest part of the job is to keep the customers happy when there are short staffed days, most enjoyable is to interact with the clients and know they are happy. Work and fun is separated, when there is work to be done we work and when there is days were we have fun we enjoyed them thoroughly. There is definitely growth potential if you are willing to work hard and willing to take on a challenge head on with proper planning and research.
Pros
Free luches provided
Cons
Long hours however if you are willing to grow this is necessary
3,0
Nice enviroment to work in
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape31 January 2017
Voxtelecom is a nice company to work for
There is opotunity for growth. The staff i superb and you are updated with the latest software and technology.
Pros
Lots of teambuildings and staff perks
Cons
No bonuses
not an easy job
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng5 July 2016
Everyday is very busy
i have learned to manage my time at work
management is fairly decent and friendly
co-workers are helpful and friendly
meeting unrealistic targets is the hardest part of the day
phoning the customer is the easiest or helping others

im currently in sales retention , one of the hardest jobs in the company, all i have to do is to prevent the customer from cancelling their services .
Pros
office hours
Cons
salary per hour
3,0
OK, but Need to better some areas in the work enviroment
Advanced technical Agent (Former Employee) –  Centurion19 May 2016
Vox telecom was a great height in my life, everything was amazing at first, but later changed and became very chaotic.
this was mainly due to the company restructuring and re-categorizing their support teams.

soon after voxtelecom tried to make a big impression on the telecoms market by very rapidly developing new products and services, or taking on various products/services for resale.
these products and services were made public and were sold, before providing support staff with any kind of technical training related to the products/services. (this gave new meaning to "learning on the job")

work load was very poorly distributed among technicians, which made life very difficult in a lot of instances.

CO-workers are very social, which eventually becomes family.
the higher level managers are always happy to assist, where team leaders would try to avoid calls, requests for assistance as much as they could.

Inter departmental communication and willingness to help was really non-existing.
and it was very hard to get a task (assigned to you by your team leaders, but, belonging to a separate department) done with the help of the responsible/relevant departments.

Overall there was a major lack in communication, where an issue would come up, the core team would know what the issue is, but refuses to inform the tech support team whom are getting placed in the line of fire being the first contact with very angry customers.
the agents are expected to thumb-suck an explanation to the customer, causing much confusion if the customer calls in again and speaks to another
  more... agent...

ATLEAST THE HAVE A POOL TABLE!!!
Pros
Free lunch, Pool Table
Cons
Required to work minimum 30 hours overtime
1,0
Receptionist/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal18 February 2016
Answering customer calls and giving advice
Transfer calls to Account Managers
Pulling report on Telkom e-bill site
My job is more like an Office Manager
I negotiate prices with different suppliers
productive
Junior Technical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng17 February 2016
very innovative
working at Vox gave me the opportunity to learn about a lot of things within the i.t sector like fiber,voip etc
Productive Workplace
Call Centre Operator (Former Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng11 February 2016
everything about that company was perfect its just that back then I count work shifts hence I had a son and the shifts were a bit hectic,
the people is amazing there are still a few that still works there after all these years
Pros
we had team building and out team leader would take us for super and drinks if target was made
Cons
shift work
3,0
Industry is ever changing - keeping up with the latest technology
Registrations Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape8 February 2016
A typical day is sorting out customer queries / billing queries/ ensuring that once a customer has been installed that our database gets updated. I do the Sales reporting. Currently busy with a project where we are moving customers from one billing engine to another
There is so many new products to learn internally especially since our industry is everchanging.
Management - our exco team are too busy investing in buying more companies than looking at the existing employees
My co-workers are a good bunch of people to work with, they are one of the reasons why i enjoy working here
Is dealing with a manager who does not stand up for her peers
Is having the ability to help and assist my colleagues with any queries they have as I am there go to person and team player
Pros
Free ADSL
Cons
No bonus