Vox Telecom

Vox Telecom Management reviews

4,0
Great company to work for and also offer vast of products which then makes it easy to sell business solutions
I am a well presented and professional individual and have had more than 13 years’ working experience within internal and external sales. I have excellent time management, organizational and planning skills. I have very good interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal. I have an ability to work with people at various levels and I thrive under pressure. I am able to work in a team and independently as well. I am trustworthy, responsible and always go the extra mile. Able to take instructions from seniors , Enthusiastic and attention to details and great work ethics. I always been passionate working as an Electrician Artisan since my early age ,been working with my Grandfather who was an Electrician ,and it planted the seed for the trade, I then decided after so many years later working in Sales environment to go full time on the Trade.
2,0
Horrible workplace unless you are up managements a**
In the time working at Vox, there were no incentives, no overtime paid. You had to work with incompetent Sales and Accounts.
There was no training ever provided for any new products brought in and my team was just expected to figure out how to implement these new products mostly on our own, as well as handle any and every new product that Vox decided they wanted to sell - no delegation to the rest of the teams to figure out how to implement these products and assist with workload.

If you're not part of a specific management click, you aren't much at all, and management would continually conflict with each-other instead of working together as they should to reach a common goal which caused terribly toxic work culture.
Salary was below par / way less than market average, you can barely afford rent and food, let alone other expenses such as car, fuel, medical aid, ect.. Effort is rarely rewarded and you feel horribly under-valued. They always talk about the amazing Sales and turnover each year but couldn't even give you a bonus (which is basically their way of saying "F**k you, we earn a lot of money but you're a piece of s**t". HR are completely unapproachable as well.

If you're thinking of working here, don't, it is not worth compromising mental integrity for minimum wage.
Pros
Not really any, maybe the colleagues
Cons
Low wage, long hours, toxic work culture
Fun & productive
A normal day at Vox is customer centric. It was filled with way of dealing & interacting with customers better. I had learned how to deal with problems & people with a right approach & without intimidation. Management was fine. The culture at Vox was very vibrant & outgoing. The hardest part of my job actually was nothing, I enjoyed working at Vox.
Pros
Free drinks on Fridays
Cons
I worked normal hours
Productivity and Fun at A Workplace
You learn something everyday.
To communication better to management.
Stressful - Ever changing processes of escalations.

Lack of training employees on newly introduced products

Having a Team (Lower than management) who are more than willing to assist and help other teammates
Fun workplace
This is a good company. But chances of growing within the company are very slim, and the salary was not that great. Management is good, although sometimes they don't offer solutions to a problem.
3,0
Not the worst company I have worked for
All in all my time there was not long, however it must be said that the company culture isn't for everyone (a bit stuck in the 80's) the staff also tend to have a negative attitude which I think it might be due to the lack of the correct motivation & support from some management.

Unfortunately while I was there I did also notice a manager berate and embarrass an employee, in an open plan office for work they were not happy with. (I personally feel this was the incorrect manner in which to address the situation. Management should have called the employee into a office away from prying eyes and ears to address the employee).
Pros
A lot to be learnt
Cons
Company Culture
Great Employer
Great company to work for. Plenty of scope for advancement provided you are willing to work hard and make the effort.
Directors and Executives are always willing to assist.
Pros
Effort is rewarded
Cons
Salaries are on the lower end
2,0
Was walking into childcare everyday
They were clock watches that ran the company like a creche. if you needed to go to be bathroom it had to be on your calendar. They want you to see clients but only if they have a problem. there is no relationship building.
Pros
Cons
terrible working conditions
1,0
Vox after 4 years
Vox isn't a bad company, there are good people who work there. The problem is the 70% of people who do just enough to not get fired.

Most lacking in Vox is core values, there is no accountability and passing the buck is the company ethos it seems. Customer service is based on speedy answering of a call and not resolution of a call.

This can be a great company, there are good managers and the executive are excellent. They just hire the most inexpensive people they can find
Pros
30% excellent people
Cons
70% who do buggerall
3,0
Good Company however no clear job outline or growth path as well as struggling role out and system management
The company taught me more critical client management enabling me to more effectively manage an irate client as well as there expectations, unfortunately this was mostly due to poor systems that lead to delays and issues with client services.
4,0
It was a great place to work at.
It was a fun place to work at, salary benefits as well as reachable targets however hours were odd/flexible. Great working culture and good management.
Pros
Reasonable break schedule, team buildings
Cons
Odd hours, flexible shifts
Productive workplace,service driven
Fast paced ever changing environment. You have to use your initiative & always go beyond the call of duty. Management has an autocratic management style, whereby your views & opinions are not taken into consideration. The hardest part of the job is taking on new work with various interfaces to work from, with little to no training provided

Learning new things everyday & sharing the joys of new found knowledge with the rest of you team!
Pros
Finding resolution to a tough query + 1 hour lunch breaks
Cons
Autocratic management styles. We can all learn from each others input
Great Workplace
Good workplace ethics, Its like you second family. Management is has a open door policy and won't ridicule you they will always try to assist you. Most team members are always willing to assist from other departments to get the customer serviced and the issue resolved. The hardest part of the job is to keep the customers happy when there are short staffed days, most enjoyable is to interact with the clients and know they are happy. Work and fun is separated, when there is work to be done we work and when there is days were we have fun we enjoyed them thoroughly. There is definitely growth potential if you are willing to work hard and willing to take on a challenge head on with proper planning and research.
Pros
Free luches provided
Cons
Long hours however if you are willing to grow this is necessary
not an easy job
Everyday is very busy
i have learned to manage my time at work

management is fairly decent and friendly
co-workers are helpful and friendly
meeting unrealistic targets is the hardest part of the day

phoning the customer is the easiest or helping others

im currently in sales retention , one of the hardest jobs in the company, all i have to do is to prevent the customer from cancelling their services .
Pros
office hours
Cons
salary per hour
3,0
Industry is ever changing - keeping up with the latest technology
A typical day is sorting out customer queries / billing queries/ ensuring that once a customer has been installed that our database gets updated. I do the Sales reporting. Currently busy with a project where we are moving customers from one billing engine to another
There is so many new products to learn internally especially since our industry is everchanging.

Management - our exco team are too busy investing in buying more companies than looking at the existing employees
My co-workers are a good bunch of people to work with, they are one of the reasons why i enjoy working here
Is dealing with a manager who does not stand up for her peers

Is having the ability to help and assist my colleagues with any queries they have as I am there go to person and team player
Pros
Free ADSL
Cons
No bonus
Productive and fun workplace
Great company to work for but I need to expand my horizons and endeavours career wise. The co-workers are fun to be around and management is just alright.
5,0
A good cultured work enviroment
Meeting with RSM, Plan the week (client meetings,contract renewals, new products etc)
I worked with a wonderful group of people that respected me and I have formed many friendships at the Vox family.

I worked with the best in the management team.They brought out the best in you and was always there to support you in both personal and professional life.
Selling data was the hardest part of my job as I am a voice specialist.

I loved the client interaction so visting clients was always the highlight of my day.
Pros
A happy work enviroment
Cons
Too many products to sell
Professional Environment but not too Stressfull
I work for an excellent company. A normal working day consist of processing paperwork, checking reports, Doing follow up with installation etc. Liaising with clients.

I work with a phenomenal team of colleagues and Management!

There is not "hardest" part of my job. Everyday is a challenge which I welcome gladly.

I love what I do and that in itself makes it easier to enjoy my work and the company for whom I work for.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Productive and reliable company
Vox is a great company to work for. The management team is extremely effective and always willing to assist in getting issues resolved, but do not always connect at a personal level with the staff when it comes to personal issues that might affect work.
Everyone one that works at work do their utmost best and are friendly

The salary that is provided does not reflect the work performed. This affects my personal live as i am unable to provide for myself

The meeting of the clients is the best part of the job and getting issues resolved and making the clients happy.
Pros
Medical aid, travel and cell phone allowance and pension fund
Cons
Salaries paid are not market related
3,0
Coming to work knowing that there are friendly reliable people around you.
I really like working for this company because everybody that I'm working with is always hands on and they are responsible. They never get tired tired of teaching new staff and the management is also friendly.
Pros
team building functions every now and then
Experience Gaining and Growing Company
Now currently a typical day at work is sitting not doing to much, I have learnt a lot regarding Customer Service and helping customers telephonic. Management has been great, there was the ups and downs management changes etc, but overall it has been great. My co workers has always been there to assist when needed.
The hardest part of my job I have to say is now, not having much to do.

The most enjoyable part I have to say is the year end functions, every year they organize the biggest best year end parties.
Pros
free lunches, growth, training
Cons
moved around a lot