Webhelp UK Employee Reviews

productive and fun
CONTACT CENTRE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  glasgow,hope street19 March 2019
webhelp Glasgow is fun and if I have the chance ill probably go to work there
I have learned to be more interactive and so all my mangers have been fun and easy to get along with.
its a strict and no nonsense policy. the hardest thing will be that fact that some mangers will not allow you finish your statement especially when you have escalations from customers aside that the guys are so much fun and everyone is also willing to help out no matter how little.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
salary was never consistent, always fluctuating evey month
Disgusting
Sales (Former Employee) –  Dearne Valley, Rotherham28 February 2019
It had it's highs and lows. Unfortunately a lot more lows than highs. I worked there for 2 and a hakg years and Webhelp is the worst place I've worked when it comes to wage payments. There was ALWAYS something missing whether it be part of your commission that was taken away (never to be seen again) or whether they'd just screwed up your hours yet again.
One time I was even sent my p45 in the post for no reason other than someone putting the wrong name while processing someone as leaving.

2 and a half years and the pay issues still remain. I've left and I'm still fighting for money owed!
Pros
The people are good
Cons
Payments are never right, new bonus payments are unrealistic, management are disorganised, each week brings a new and inventive way to screw you over
productive and challenging
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire14 February 2019
very good place to work. excellent progressive opportunities. full training provided which is a very big bonus. weekly meetings with team leaders to help with your progress
Pros
full training provided
3,0
Great opportunities to advance
Change Control Manager (Current Employee) –  Larbert, Falkirk13 February 2019
As a company Webhelp are fantastic for giving you the opportunity to develop. I have been working for Webhelp for almost 8 years, starting as an advisor. The development I have been given here really is amazing.
1,0
A hole that is hard to get out of
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire23 January 2019
I have now been working here for 11 months. This has been the worst 11 months of my working life. At first it was great, training all hunky dory and they promised this was the most amazing place to work! in 11 months I have worked in 3 different departments and have had 5 different managers. You are just seen as a number and are expected to perform with amazing stats and reviews from customers about the company consistently. The client is Vodafone. Team leaders are useless and the ops managers sit on their computers all day and only speak to you when they are desperate for performance to improve, getting paid over 30k a year for doing nothing. You as a person are not cared about nor will your personal circumstances ever come into consideration, this place will wreck you mental health. please avoid
Pros
the advisors you work with
Cons
everything else
3,0
it was okay does get boring
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Derby9 January 2019
overall staff were friendly just sometimes you gett people who are not engaged and will mess around and you have to sometimes help sort out the customer service mess left behind.
Pros
free sky
4,0
Collections/Customer Service/Household Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Wath upon Dearne, South Yorkshire7 January 2019
Fun and enjoyable place to work with ongoing training to help aid progression throughout the role. Management help to aid the transition upon completing training
2,0
No work life balance
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire7 January 2019
Managers had no consideration for staff if you met targets and sucked up to them they liked you if you didn't there was no support and they would try and get you out of the business as quickly as possible following the "rules" completely unethical.
Avoid
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire4 January 2019
My overall experience at webhelp was disappoitning, day to day tasks were never too strenuous but disliked working there because it was clear as daylight who the favourites were and how behaviours were overlooked. Management are highly unproffesional and do not care for their staff at all. Training for all types of roles are absolutely abysmal and does not help with the roles at all, no support from managers

Trying to get ime off was near enough impossible and was never explained, coaching was few and far which was about as insightful as watching paint dry.

The sytems are poor, outdated and not maintained.

There was a clear divide of those who did work and those who did nothing. The ones who did not work tended to be more favoured by management as they became too friendly them and often just sat chatting.

The only thing that made the day tolerable was having a handful of genuinely pleasant agents around you that would stop you from feeling like you was going insane.
Pros
Cons
Management, Pay, Respect for staff
Avoid like the plague
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  cardiff4 January 2019
Do not even consider working here. The management behave like bullies in primary school even physically attacking junior members of staff at an event evening!! In ten months payroll still could not get wages correct and to date still have not received monies owed. Would not recommend this company to my worst enemy..
Pros
colleagues minus management
Cons
Could not organise a party at a brewery
You're Just a Number
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff30 December 2018
Do not waste your time... Terrible management. Inadequate training. Lack of communication, nothing is consistent. Blame culture. Quick to criticises but slow to praise. They do not care about their staff, they only care about the numbers.
Pros
City Centre
Cons
Long Hours, minimal pay
1,0
Disgusting place to work.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff18 December 2018
Horrible managers, no help whatsoever. They keep employing people because everyone drops out by the end of training or gets fired.

If the face fits, you’ll be great at it. If it doesn’t, write your resignation ready.

Have no empathy with employees even though you’re taught to be severely empathetic on the call with customers.

Just don’t apply.
Pros
Free breakfast on fridays, coworkers
Cons
everything else
4,0
overall work atmosphere is good, low oppertunity to develop when it comes to wage
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Larbert, Falkirk13 December 2018
I believe that Webhelp is a good place to work to gain experience for the future however is not a place if your looking to progress to a higher wage within the company
Pros
work mates
Cons
progression
5,0
Difficult company to work for
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock, UK11 December 2018
Not a place for the faint of heart. A company who tends not to listen to the concerns of its employees and operates a face fits practice. I would not recommend to anyone
Pros
Let me pick myself up off the floor
Poor working hours
CALL AGENT (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire7 December 2018
The easy step for being stuck in a single job title start working in a call centre. This was one of the worst environment to work in being moaned at all day by customers and then moaned at by management. Uneven work schedule meant you could work 8-10 hours for 6 days one week then 4 days the next. Target based not customer focused. Overall rubbish.
Pros
I got out
Cons
Long hours, uneven shift pattern, difficult targets, managerial bias
Shambles!
Call centre operator (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire5 December 2018
An absolute shambles of a company. Miss paid me 5 months in a row which I still haven't had back of them. They done this because I was off sick and when I returned I fell pregnant which is none of my fault. They kept "loosing" my sick lines that the doctor gave me and refused to pay me my owed money. I was going to take it further but my health and my sons health was more important than money.
5,0
Don't let the bad reviews put you off!
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff23 November 2018
I've been working with Webhelp (Supplier for Sainsbury's) for over a month now. It might be early days to write a genuine review, however from my own personal experience, I have really enjoyed my time working there. Definitely a lot better than other call centres I've experienced/heard about!!

It's a very friendly, positive and fun yet still professional working environment, which really does improve typical work-life. Training was very helpful and boosts your confidence before you start taking calls.

A few things in particular I've liked about Webhelp is the fact that there's room to progress and lots of overtime available. Also, there's always managers, floor walkers and even busy advisors at times who will be willing to help and support you so you'll feel more at ease starting off. In addition to this, calls are mostly friendly customers/store employees.

The only thing I think people may have issues with is the shifts hours, however employees are always open to swap your shifts if preferred via group email if a Team Leader cannot rearrange to change your hours.
Pros
Very friendly and helpful staff. Generous breaks. Great management.
Cons
Shift patterns.
Every changing environment
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow21 November 2018
No two days are the same, this keeps tasks interesting and challenging at the same time.

Many differing campaigns to work will so you get to work with a variety of different companies at once.
Avoid!!
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire18 November 2018
This place has zero consideration for its staff. I spent 5 years at that company and upon leaving not so much as a thank you for time served. The managers are awful and only have an interest in people on their level or higher. You’ll be switched from team to team, your role will constantly change and you’ll be working on campaigns that are not fitting for your skill set, no matter what role you initially applied for. Bearing in mind you’ll be sat down all day, the chairs are probably over ten years old, filthy, worn and very uncomfortable. The toilets are horrendously disgusting and you come out dirtier then you actually went in. The subsidised cafeteria, as appealing as that may sound, is very sub-par, with food I imagine that has been recycled from the day before. All of this has been brought up previously from various agents (including myself) during my time there and nothing has ever changed. If you enjoy being moved from role to role, being treated like you don’t exist and expected to work in horrific and unsanitary conditions then this is the job for you!! If you believe that you actually mean something, believe you have a value and have something to contribute to a company and a job then consider absolutely anything else.
Pros
I got to leave
Cons
I stayed there for 5 years
2,0
Poor management and never pay wages right.
Sales Agent (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Rotherham14 November 2018
Since working here I’ve only been paid right 3 times, and when I’ve asked payroll to sort out my wage they’ve never done it. There’s poor work atmosphere and when ever you ask for help from a team leader or ops manager; they’re very defiant to do so. Team leaders don’t lead by example and favourtise their agents. The only reason I worked there are because of my friends and the people I get to work with.
They set unrealistic targets and only 3 or 4 people achieve it out of the whole campaign.
Pros
Nice colleagues, make friends
Cons
Bad pay, ignorant managers, never pay overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Webhelp UK. Our community is ready to answer.

2,7