Webhelp UK

Webhelp UK Employee Reviews

1,0
Not a good place if want a life
Inbound Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow12 July 2019
Worked for the company and had issues within my family at the time and had explained to them these and was told time off would be okay to them receive a call from my line manager to be told to resign before they sacked me to which I obliged and am still waiting till this day on wages owed.
Pros
Good workplace environent
Cons
Everything else.
21st Century Cotton Mill
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Glasgow City Park4 July 2019
Company was terrible to work for. Management had the attitude that by employing you they owned you. Constantly under pressure to work overtime because the centre was always under-staffed
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Falkirk2 July 2019
Long working hours, management are never there or never know what’s going on. Very little support. Computers than never work and not very clean areas to work in
Pros
Getting refurbed
Its a job
Collections Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sheffield27 June 2019
It's good if you need a job. But I wouldn't bother.
Have been there for 2.5 years. Left in the last few weeks.
The organisation of it all is so shocking.
The work/social balance is non existent. The hours are so sporadic and the shifts are long. 8-7pm at the beginning of the week. Shifts sometimes are 9-7:30 or 10:30-8.
The pay is good if you compare it to other jobs out there but still isn't enough for the lack of communication ;you mostly hear about things though word of mouth.
In terms of call quality they'll find anything to fail your call on from actual detriment to a customer to sighing on a call.
The people there are amazing..and it's what keeps you there for so long. But it will drive you mad.
And oh in the time I was there, 36 people that I know of have come and gone. Turn over is high
The restaurant isn't subsidised rather more expensive than high street. Bottle of coke is £1.55. Sweets start at a £1 for chocolate bar.
Pros
The people are alright
Cons
Long hours.
Ok
Call centre Associate (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire26 June 2019
The people that work there can be really nice however the way the company is run can be stressful at times you can never get any holidays you have to fight for them and they're not bothered that you've got a life that you might need some time off for other things
Pros
Free parking
4,0
Alright
Inbound Customer Service Adviser (Former Employee) –  Glasgow25 June 2019
Place is alright to work in, better than most call centres I would say. The managers are very clicky though, kind of play favorites and sometimes can be unfair.
Pros
People
Cons
Managers
3,0
Long hours, not the best pay
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire24 June 2019
It was an good company to work for, however there could be minimal information past down. The salary was OK but not amazing. Was very unsociable hours, however there was always overtime if wanted.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
long and unsociable hours
ridiculous
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Derby21 June 2019
its now apparent finally that webhelp are a terrible company
i used to sit in the toilet and pray to god i married a rich man so i didn't have to continue working there
Pros
nada
Cons
everything
Ok
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Derby15 June 2019
I worked as a telesales operator and had inbound and outbound calls all day. I was only here for a short period of time and the job was OK whilst I was there
Pros
Easy
1,0
Stay Away from this type of work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Glasgow13 June 2019
You're a hero when things are going well - when you need support when it isn't then you're thrown under a bus.

This company is all about making those at the top bonuses - decision are made only to line the pockets of those who should be more focused on the staff.

Seriously stay away - look for a job where staff are more than a money making entity
Pros
Cons
Culture is appauling, poor money
Stay clear!!!
Collections Advisor (Former Employee) –  Greenock, Inverclyde12 June 2019
Really really poor place to work, hours and times are non-negotible, no time for your family life, if you have a mental health condition that could affect you, Don't disclose it, they will not support you, and definitely make you feel unwelcome, if they can they will use it against you to build a case to dismiss you, if they don't like the look of your face, you will be gone by the end of the day, no warning, no proof, no nothing, some team leaders are ok, others are arrogant and will make accusations against you! To make themselves look better, you can only make 8.25 a hour the lowest rate of any call center.
Absolutely awful
Agent (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire11 June 2019
I had worked here for around 2 years, at the start it seems amazing, you get promised pay rises and opportunities, none of which you actually get. You work so hard throughout the whole month while managers sit on their ar** demanding good stats and if they’re not good you get pulled into a glass room and they basically tell you you’ll be managed if they don’t improve while they do nothing to help accept send out emails, you are monitored for every single thing you do and get pulled up if you do one tiny thing wrong, managers come up to you in the most intimidating manner and tell you to follow them, you get pulled into a glass room, yes this is a regular thing. (sometimes whilst on taking a call) and demand you follow them, they sit you down and make you feel like the worst person in the building. Managers don’t have a clue and have no people skills, you are a number on seats to them. Not a human being. You also get picked on by OPS if you do something wrong, managers think they’re above everybody else. MANAGERS in this place have stolen charity donations and wrote horrible comments about their agents and don’t get so much as a slap on the wrist. While agents have been sacked for ‘call avoiding’ as they say, and other ridiculous common things. This place wants you to begin with until they don’t need you anymore, and do everything they can to get you out, also all team managers are bi!t@ch3 and horrible excluding a few. If your disliked you are out and if you make a mistake you are also out. As a previous comment said many people have took their life while working here and the  more... business don’t acknowledge these people at all. Pathetic excuse of a work place, I wouldn’t work here again even if you actually paid the correct wage. Thanks  less
Pros
Getting sacked
Cons
webhelp Kilmarnock. That’s the con
Uphill battle
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock10 June 2019
Poor atmosphere and blame culture in the place. Working with Vodafone has its issues. It’s seems their business model is a bit old-fashioned or simply put, a mess. Having to transfer customers to the correct departments. Also dealing with other web help call centres who will not do what they say they will for the customer and leave it for others to clean up the mess is why Vodafone’s reputation is not the best and customers are constantly angry and frustrated while there’s little you can do to solve it. Some good people there however who do the job of 10 and some others who will shy away from helping you when you require the support and just want an easy life. Hopefully it getting better but there’s far better places to get in at the minute than Webhelp.

Could go on...
Pros
Call gaps, clean working environment, parking
Cons
poor shift patterns no routine, 11 hour shifts some weeks, cold transfers. Lack of support. A lot of clicks.
We’re just a number
CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Cardiff3 June 2019
They do not care false promises job security isn’t a thing with this company full of BS from the start do not work for this joke of a company they do not care about you only themselves
3,0
High Pressure Environment, with long hours.
Inbound Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sheffield3 June 2019
I lasted 2 months in the role before I resigned. Back-To-Back calls where I was sometimes pushed towards selling on customer service calls, long travel times, long hours with short breaks, and a poor balance between work and home life meant that the job became too stressful, too quickly.

The nature of the job itself was fine, take calls from customers and help with their queries, but the drive for sales and other targets in a setting where selling could be inappropriate led me to quit.

For those who could manage in a high pressure call-centre environment, this would be an okay job.
Pros
Excellent training program before starting
Cons
Long hours, high pressure, back-to-back calls
very strict
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sandbank1 June 2019
when i worked at webhelp it was for a well known mobile phone company & the managers had to work to their commitments which meant that webhelp staff was timed when they needed a loo break also had timed calls to meet etc... for little pay to take abuse from customers who werent happy on the phone. i believe it has all changed now & its a well know supermarket that has took over & the staff are treated better.
Pros
shifts werent bad
Cons
not having enough time to help customers
Horrible place to work
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Larbert31 May 2019
The managers know nothing, are horrible to staff.
Get threatened with losing your job over the slightest thing. Won't allow to have a credit check done as not in my contract. Was told i would be fired unless i agreed.

HR is a joke. Losing paperwork, shredding it instead of it being filed.
Pros
Cons
long hours, no help, poor training, bad management
awful!
TELEPHONE COMMUNICATIONS CUSTOMER ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff31 May 2019
worst job I ever had
awful working environment
no support
2 weeks training THATS IT!
a lot of pressure and no support from managers

finance team are dreadful. I got over paid I told my manager very month that my day was incorrect and the response always was -mi have enough people who have been underpaid to deal with- when I left they chased me to pay it all back.

I truly hated this job it was my first call centre experience AND LAST !
Pros
Cons
everything
Webhell
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire29 May 2019
This place is commonly known as “WEBHELL”. The company has no morals or ethics, they like to advertise that they do though. My experience here for 16 months now has been horrific, I’m merely here to pay my bills now, trying to find something better. The company is full of incompetent managers and operational managers who like to sit on their todd all day doing nothing but sending out emails and demanding stats improve. Disgusting and embarrassing procedures, salary, and bonus structures. Diabolical amount of work for the penny’s you get at the end of the month. May as well be chained to your desk, monitored for every second you are on shift. Surprised we haven’t started to be followed to the bathroom yet. Many people have sadly lost their lives and their mental health due to working here. Do yourself a favour and do not come here , I wish I never made this mistake
Pros
some of the advisors you work with
Cons
Everything else
Management is a shambles
IT (Former Employee) –  Scotland29 May 2019
This is a company where you'll go far - provided you know the right people. The kind where the UK CEO drops his iPhone down the toilet on purpose when a new one is released so he can get it replaced.

You'll have people working above you that know next to nothing about your job simply because the are friends with the department's management. They'll be given a fancy title that means nothing and a fat paycheck to accompany it and you'll be wondering what it is they actually do for the company.

You'll be belittled, you'll be harassed and there's little you can do because the management is a cliche and it's highschool all over again.
Pros
Not much
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Webhelp UK. Our community is ready to answer.

2,6