Webhelp UK

Webhelp UK Employee Reviews for Call Center Representative

1,0
webHELP me never work for this lot again
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Glasgow19 October 2019
Webhelp - My Story.

It all became on a cold september night when I started training; from that day until this day it's been a total balls up.
The planning team are the biggest issue as they seem to be untrained banana farmers.
1,0
Only good thing about this company is the salary!
Call Centre Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow City Centre, Glasgow21 August 2019
The salary is the only good thing here, management is way too biased towards certain people, very judgemental staff.
Shifts are a nightmare as you are getting no life balance with them to do what you want to do outside of work. Job gets very boring quickly and is not worth the reward.
Management are bad.
Call Centre Operator (Former Employee) –  Derby2 August 2019
Very strict and management are always lazy and when you need help they half barley even help.

You have to work toward near impossible targets for phone calls and get told off if you do not reach.

Very cliquey and you have to be friends with the "right people" to ever progress.
Pros
Canteen is nice
Cons
Unrealistic targets
1,0
Terrible, Extremely bad company to work for!
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire24 July 2019
Extremely bad place to work, Would never suggest anyone to work here, even if you are desperate for a job. Management don't care about the health of agent's, Only care about them taking calls, Treated like farm animals. Make a big impression for the leads, then back to normal when they go. Working with Vodafone "the worst mobile service company in the UK" (check reviews), They also breach of-com rules on a daily basis, Internal agents are terrible. If you have any sort of mental health problems stay away! If you don't, prepare to be hit with them at once. One star for the cafeteria staff.
2,0
Ok
Call centre Associate (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire26 June 2019
The people that work there can be really nice however the way the company is run can be stressful at times you can never get any holidays you have to fight for them and they're not bothered that you've got a life that you might need some time off for other things
Pros
Free parking
Horrible place to work
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Larbert31 May 2019
The managers know nothing, are horrible to staff.
Get threatened with losing your job over the slightest thing. Won't allow to have a credit check done as not in my contract. Was told i would be fired unless i agreed.

HR is a joke. Losing paperwork, shredding it instead of it being filed.
Pros
Cons
long hours, no help, poor training, bad management
Poor working hours
CALL AGENT (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire7 December 2018
The easy step for being stuck in a single job title start working in a call centre. This was one of the worst environment to work in being moaned at all day by customers and then moaned at by management. Uneven work schedule meant you could work 8-10 hours for 6 days one week then 4 days the next. Target based not customer focused. Overall rubbish.
Pros
I got out
Cons
Long hours, uneven shift pattern, difficult targets, managerial bias
Shambles!
Call centre operator (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire5 December 2018
An absolute shambles of a company. Miss paid me 5 months in a row which I still haven't had back of them. They done this because I was off sick and when I returned I fell pregnant which is none of my fault. They kept "loosing" my sick lines that the doctor gave me and refused to pay me my owed money. I was going to take it further but my health and my sons health was more important than money.
fun workplace
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Rotherham15 October 2018
I loved working there, really good atmosphere and i met some amazing friends. I enjoyed taking the phone calls and helping oout customers. the environment was very friendly
Cons
long hourss
Webhelp UK
Call Centre Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenock, Inverclyde1 October 2018
while I was employed at Webhelp UK there were multiple issues within the place, the most prominent was that people were getting fired for spelling mistakes on one campaign and on the other people hours were being changed constantly, with as little as 1 week notice, and across both campaigns just now there is no bonus being offered, and there is just a basic salary, I would only recommend working there if there are no other options available.
Pros
there is a good employee recognition system, if your manager can be bothered to fill in a recognition form
Cons
your shifts can vary between 10 shifts to 8 hours and 6 hours, its highly stressful, no job security as you can be given final written warning for simple mistakes, there a constant promises offered by managers that are never fulliled
3,0
Like being at school - A popularity contest.
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Manvers11 August 2018
Management was very cliquey so if you weren't friends with the management they didn't want to advance you regardless of ability or performance. Apart from this it wasn't a bad job.
The computers were slow and you had to get to work early (unpaid) to set up your computer.
Pros
Other staff were nice, alot of attractive women work here.
Cons
Management were lazy and unhelpful.
5,0
It was just an amazing place to work in.
Call centre agent (Former Employee) –  Derby9 August 2018
Everyone was so friendly & got on with each other, managers were extremely helpful & friendly, i learnt a lot working in this place & gained a lot of new skills & enhanced on my previous skills, I loved my time there.
Pros
Great bonuses to motivate you
Cons
rotating shifts
Horrible Workplace
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Kilmarnock28 June 2018
Management use bullying and scare tactics to attempt to produce results. Absolutely awful place to work. Canteen also claims to be "discounted" but you would need to take out a mortgage just to treat there every day. Shifts get changed on a dime sometimes without warning meaning you come in for the wrong shift and get blamed for it.
4,0
Business orientated not staff friendly
Call Centre Adviser (Current Employee) –  Derby9 March 2018
There is an us and them culture between Management and call workers. If I was a robot they would be happy. It would be nice to have time to digest lunch. It would be nice if disabled staff were considered in the timings of breaks
Pros
What pros I guess they employed me
Cons
Work life balance is rubbish
1,0
Would never work here again
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Wales8 February 2018
Despite meeting some amazing people I wouldnt work here again. Management were more focused on targets. Barely had any training,and would only have training if there was a bad survey left, never had any help on what to do, was always told was wrong. Academy was a joke, never knew when who the manager was and we were just passed from piller to post. They always said how there was a chance of getting a promotion,only way this would happen is if you were best mates with the manager. Could barely hear the customers on the phone. Never had any help when I had an awkward customer, was just told to deal with it, no wonder they have such bad reviews. Would never reccomend this place to anyone.
Not Terrible
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire11 January 2018
For the most part, as long as you work for Webhelp it will work for you. Don't expect anything special but it's fine for a stop gap or getting experience. Progression opportunities are there but not particularly enticing. Deputy team leaders do more work for no extra pay and accredited trainers also get no payrise despite the higher level work. Team leader vacancies are somewhat rare as existing TLs don't step down or leave often.
The process for internal vacancies is problematic. It's Webhelp's policy that all internal applicants are on a level playing field and whoever wins the interview is the one to get the job. While this sounds excellent in theory it can sometimes lead to injustices such as a deputy team leader who has been doing a TL role for no extra pay not getting an available team leader role. It's complete exploitation although to Webhelp's credit, it is being addressed slowly.
Lower management is often a little corrupt and every manager has a clique of 'favourites' who have a much better time of it so it's recommended to get inside one of close.
Basic tasks such as correcting pay mistakes and fixing technical issues take an absolutely mindbogglingly insane amount of time to resolve because of an idiotic chain of paperwork and bureaucracy.
Moving up the management hierachy things start to look bleak. Webhelp is terrible at managing client relationships, company profit and staff satisfaction, with 1 always suffering for the benefit of another.
Webhelp's management likes to bleat on about how much it loves it's staff but in truth their only desire is to keep
  more... us just happy enough that we don't leave.
On a brighter note, the salary is in keeping with expectations. There are benefits such as onsite parking, eyecare vouchers, special events and a subsidised canteen which is pretty decent.
I believe that when you go to work for a call centre you really can't have high expectations and honestly, Webhelp is a perfectly fine place to work overall. Provided you keep your head down and crack on and get onto a good campaign, you'll be content.
Pros
Onsite parking, subsidised canteen, special events year round, great colleagues, relaxed atmosphere, notable clientele
Cons
Poor work-life balance, poor management, job instability, some terrible campaigns, uninspiring progression, weak coaching, poor IT equipment
2,0
Not The Worst. Definitely Not The Best.
Call Centre Agent for Vodafone (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire14 November 2017
A day at Webhelp consists of getting little to no help when on the phones. The pay is incorrect, the hours are too much hassle and there is no equality. If you're wanting to help the customers and actually care about them and their finances, that's great. However it doesn't seem like this is the case at Webhelp. Could be improved. (This is just at the Vodafone campaign)
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Serious issues are never dealt with.
Great company
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff3 August 2017
Brilliant company to work for plenty of benefits and managers do best to help you along your way to becoming successful and the work to life balance was great as you always had shift rotations
Good Job
Contact Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Derby19 January 2017
I enjoyed this job, every day was different and I loved working as part of a team. Management were supportive and constantly helped you to improve in the job.
work life and experience
Call Centre Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Derby16 May 2016
My thoughts and comments about WEBHELP UK, a typical day at work for myself is telesales my days are 11 hours per day sometimes working 6 days out 7, my shifts are from 8:30AM-7:30PM or 9AM-8PM, with shift work patterns, i learned how to deal with all types of people from speech issues, extreme anger issues, mental disabilities with plenty more types of personalities, i don't think the management were as professional and fair as they could be with certain managers being very negative with no positive feedback to advisors to help with day to day happiness, i feel really close with my co-workers as i have gained many friends especially with my promotion to sales coach i worked with many different people and types of ethnicities, the hardest part of the job i would say when we work 6 days out of 7 working a 66 hour week, the best parts of the job could be either the bonus we can earn for creating sales and also we get more days off in a row which helps with personal life at times
Pros
free sky tv
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Webhelp UK. Our community is ready to answer.

2,6