Western Cape Department of Health Employee Reviews

4,1Work-Life Balance
4,7Pay & Benefits
Productive Workplace
Community Service Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Western Cape7 October 2018
Productive Workplace. An employee can be assured to develop both practical skills and knowledge skills in the sector that he/she practices in. Provision is made for additional educational workshops.
4,0
Different pathologies, great learning opportunities
Student physiotherapist (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape13 June 2018
Work normally begins around 8am and end at 4pm. You learn about your profession, diagnosing and treatment as well as communication strategies for the different people you come across. The staff is normally helpful and supportive which creates an enjoyable environment to work in.
Pros
Helping people in need
Cons
Lack of resources
4,0
Fast Pace requires strategic and critical thinkling
Administration Clerk (Permanent) (Current Employee) –  South Africa Cape Town17 April 2018
SCM as provided me the opportunity to sharpen my Skills in administration.the environment is fast paced and busy. most challenging part of the job is consolidations each month.
5,0
Pleasant and comfortable working environment
professional nurse (Former Employee) –  Groote Schuur, Western Cape1 December 2017
Working for the WCDH was nice and enjoyable, I learned a lot working there,things that I didn't learn when I was doing my practicals as a student. It was an eye opener in many angles.
The staff and colleague are easy out going people who are willing to help and easy to interact with. The hardest part is when the patient is completely wrong but we must act like they right because we fear of being report as IL-treating the patience as professional nurses.
5,0
hard work but worth it
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Hermanus, Western Cape16 July 2017
I learned a lot of valuable life skills. Colleagues and the public are very forgiving which took the pressure off in the beginning. Generally speaking the aim is to promote public health in various ways.
Pros
feels good to help the public with primary health care
Cons
pressure when under staffed
3,0
Busy work environment with multiple learning opportunities
Community Service Medical Officer (Former Employee) –  Mitchells Plain, Western Cape9 January 2017
A typical day at work is very busy with lots of patients being admitted to the Emergency Rooms.
I learnt how to think on my feet and cope with pressure situations on a daily basis and I discovered the steps to effective problem-solving when having to work as a team.
The hardest part of the job was the very long working hours and lack of recovery time when having to work on a shift basis.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the knowledge that I was helping fellow human beings.
1,0
Hard Working individual
Intern: Co-Senior Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, WC17 March 2015
A typical day at work was always relaxedand stress free and i have learned more about administration. Managment was always patient and making sure we were happy the hardest part of the job was the overflow of admin from 92 clinics and hospitals combined and the most enjoyable part of the job was my colleagues, workplace and learning new things each day.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Over flow of Admin from 92 Facilities